Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

MooCowlian posted:

Looking at a couple of playlists from Jesse Cox, it looks like that effect more or less stops after the first few videos. His War in the North videos dropped pretty quickly and then pretty much hold at about a third of the views for the first video from episode 5 onward.

Do similar patterns hold for videos from smaller channels, or posted in a forum environment like SA rather than on the wild plains of youtube?

It's not just across single episodes/updates whatever, it also works within updates. I know this because I'm running an SSLP with supplementary audio files - usually four or five per update, and I've got "viewing" numbers. Not only was there a gradual drop-off of viewers after the first few updates, there's also a gradual drop-off within updates (though not as much).

Oh, wait; The same pattern doesn't seem to be holding for the Japanese audio tracks, but that may be because the viewership for those is low enough for patterns to not really be visible, and maybe also because the people interested enough to listen to those were probably already pretty likely to have a interest in the game to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, the Interactive Part of XIII's battles is more the Paradigm Shift menu than the action menu. XIII's combat menu was also pretty horrible to actually use in a system as fast paced as it was. Honestly, unless you want to get Super Efficient™ with buffs Auto Battle is almost always adequate. The only Problem Situation is Medics who sometimes get confused when you're in very bad shape and have to manage raising, curing and healing all at once. Even then, Auto Battle, being an AI, is a lot better at prioritising horrible numbery stuff like when to use Cure vs Curasa etc.

Seeing DSP try to play XIII-3 is going to be hilarious, though, both because of the aforementioned thing where you can't just grind to victory (unless you count grinding sidequests, with DSP won't do because come on), and between failing out of battles due to them being Actually Action Game Hard and generally running around like an idiot without any idea where to go, he'll inevitably run out of time and get kicked back to the start of the game.

Unless he plays on Easy Mode. Well, maybe even then. I don't actually know how much easier it is.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Lazyfire posted:

Or if you are an indomitable shitlord and do minimal editing in the first place you can just cut your twitch stream up into chunks and post them to YouTube and hope no one calls you out for just looking up a video of someone beating the final boss of Lightning Returns when it gets too hard.

Oh god has someone made a This is how you Don't Play LRFF13 yet? I don't want to trudge through the actual videos myself...

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Speaking of This Is How You Don't Play, has someone made one of those for Lightning Returns yet? It sounds like it has much potential for amusement, considering how he actually gave up and ragequit at the final boss...

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

It's been a page and everyone has failed to comment on this, so I gotta ask; is this deliberate? Is there some developer (or I guess localizer) out there as good at making subtle jabs LP personalities as they are terrible at kerning? Or is this just an awesome coincidence?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

DoctorWhat posted:

Are there any quality looks at The Witness out there and done yet? Supergreatfriend's got a good thing going but he's only just begun. Anything like that or FrozenTreasure's look at Fez that's a bit further along?

There's a thread here but this being the Outside SA Thread I like this guy's one. As with many takes on this game, prepare to be amazed at his unique distribution of arcane poo poo he picks up immediately versus mundane poo poo that stumps him for ages. Standard Witness LP warning applies: do not watch if you ever intend to play the game yourself.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Enough.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god we are seriously taking an already lovely and toxic situation and somehow making it even shittier. Quit it.

Nobody has been permabanned, or otherwise will be unable to cough up another :10bux: and return like nothing ever happened.

Some LPers are having a spat with Lowtax; beyond that none of this is any of our concern.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god;

drop it.

The only reason I am loathe to totally ban discussion of this clusterfuck is because two fairly prominent SA LPers are banned, and might understandably choose not to return, in which case they will become directly relevant to this thread as Outside-SA LPers.

Otherwise, the Do Not Import Drama rule is in full effect. This whole thing is regrettable enough already; let's not make it worse and let's definitely not stir the poo poo.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Okay, that's quite enough of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god did I loving stutter?

The next person not to drop this is going on a break.

• Locked thread