Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

LeafyOrb posted:

To be fair Twitch commenters tend to rival even YouTube in their ability to be absolutely terrible,

A sampler of the banned usernames on my channel unfortunately confirms this, if only when racism via usernames was deemed necessary by someone in order to get their points across when getting banned in a relatively sparsely populated chatroom:
  • mexicano077
  • fat_american_virgins
  • mexcian_cant_afford_shoes
  • mexican_scum_of_the_earth
Example of Twitch-goers' potential to be terrible aside, I really enjoyed COSMOSJP's speedy MGS4 stuff. It's almost instructional in its simplicity, and is also quite entertaining to watch the first time even if you aren't trying to learn how to go through the game quickly.
It's not really an LP so much as a speed-run demonstration, though, but I can't really think of anything else I know of worth sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can also click the little ? in the bottom left of posts under the user's avatar to only see posts in the thread by that user. For example, you could only see the OP's posts.

You could also manually add &perpage=1 to the end of the links in the OP, which are kept up to date by orenronen. That aside, you might want to also view the miscellaneous posts from Fedule and HelloWinter if you're interested in some of the special localization stuff and choices they took. Not sure if those would get archived.

Back on topic: What's the opinion on the ABadFeeling group? They seemed to do a lot of fun messing around stuff, and they've got at least one video that still makes me laugh on subsequent viewings. Their style feels better suited to showing off whether or not one can have fun with the multiplayer aspects of games, and I also appreciate the editing that accompanies their slapstick.

I'm not sure if they strictly qualify as Let's Players, however, seeing as even their recordings of games with campaigns are montages of what I assume they consider the funniest moments.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I really love Corpse Party, and seeing it so wholly misrepresented (without voice overs all of the best scenes lose their impact (and no, his reading does not make up for the lack of the professional stuff from the game). Without music and sound effects, the scary moments completely fall flat) just pisses me off. It feels like a complete bastardization of a game I really love.

I don't feel strongly enough against people putting their own ridiculous spin to things to feel anything other than amused, but at least this Cry guy was whispering and tried to use inflection... Unlike Secluded Hermit's take.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Attestant posted:

What the hell is going on there. :stare:
I'm sure someone can summarize it better, but apparently Gamingo got an alternate account when Geop first issued his Mod Challenge, and now he's trying to do his MASTERFUL REVEAL that he was one of the not-Gamingo-entries on his own challenge thread? Or something. I couldn't understand his voice even at a high volume and then the beeping started.

RSCNyx posted:

Not shown here, but Gamingo made his own fan content, and decided to...do this, and post it on SA.

Thankfully, he's gone, now.
Until he feels like using ten more bucks, I guess. But maybe the novelty's gone. At least.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

RSCNyx posted:

Do comments actually affect search rankings? Or is it the hope that "word of mouth" will help spread the video to more people?
I think it affects overall video views when the comments devolve into huge shouting contests, because most of the views end up being people revisiting terrible conversations to get the last word in. Which may or may not become word of mouth when they go and complain about said exchanges off-site and unintentionally direct more traffic to the video.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Zedd posted:

That would be an entire LP of Loading screens only. :v:
Set to the tune of the Homestar Runner song about the exact same?

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

quote:

Disappointingly, the Librarian limited the exemption to games that can’t be played at all after a server shutdown, excluding games where only the online multiplayer features are lost.
... So, what, only Doritos Crash Course 2 from the Xbox Live Arcade? PlayStation Home?

I can't think of any other games that outright can't be played even in single-player due to their online servers, but I presume there's some MMOs out there that have been prematurely discontinued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Inability to recognize satire aside, Cheez, why are your relatives not reporting nearly lethal assault if your local law enforcement are not going to treat them as 'guilty until proven victims?' Is it because instead of reporting a crime they're for some reason thinking of filing lawsuits? Did you type the wrong word as a mistake and didn't mean to imply your family members were hesitant to sue their assailants as opposed to informing the authorities of attempts on their life?

Didn't you use to have mod-given red text under your avatar?

Yeah, I hope next week comes soon. The only other Outside SA LP news I've come across that isn't Bryon Beaubien-like is the standard "PewDiePie was a guest on Conan O'Brien's" and "'That Dragon, Cancer' making No Revenue vs. Let's Players complaining about Content ID matching said game's soundtrack." Same old, same old.

• Locked thread