Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

New Leaf posted:

I play it on a Nexus 7 and have no black bars or jagged edges.. It looks really nice actually.

It's really odd. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 5 yet since from what I understand, there's no cloud saves? That also seems rather archaic at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

New Leaf posted:

I play it on a Nexus 7 and have no black bars or jagged edges.. It looks really nice actually.
Strange that they did a better job on the Android version than iOS, but it might be that they targeted devices with wide aspect ratios.

Also, here's what I won from the last tournament, suckers!

mania
Sep 9, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Edit: Top 5000 and I get a loving Hawkeye cover? I was in the top 1000 before I went to bed! :bang:

So was I! I thought being at rank 500 plus was enough but apparently not.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Dragonshirt posted:

It's really odd. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 5 yet since from what I understand, there's no cloud saves? That also seems rather archaic at this point.

Do what now? I switch between my phone and tablet constantly! Of course- Android again.. I get a message that says that your account was logged in from a different device and it takes like 30 seconds to sync your progress. The whole thing seems really polished on Android. Can anyone else weigh in?

On to actual business- I feel like they may have tweaked points with the new tournament, anyone else seeing a difference? I just got my first message that my team WON a fight in the Thor tourney and it actually GAVE me points for a change. Maybe these are just things that happen at lower point brackets and I missed it before.

Also, Iron Man's Armored Assault is way too powerful IMO. When the computer spams it and you end up with 4 or so shield tiles in the far corners of the grid with zero matching options, you're pretty much hosed if you're down to low-damage support characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow. Maybe they should put a timer on them or something, like a 4-round countdown.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Also, here's what I won from the last tournament, suckers!

Nice. I really want a green Thor to round mine out but getting to 500 points may be daunting. I zoomed up to 275 in the new event to make my Venom semi-useful, but now it's done giving me any easy fights.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

delfin posted:

Nice. I really want a green Thor to round mine out but getting to 500 points may be daunting. I zoomed up to 275 in the new event to make my Venom semi-useful, but now it's done giving me any easy fights.

I managed to roll green by luck of the coin draw, it's just a shame that Thor doesn't quite work if you're missing the yellow skill inbetween :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

bubbapook posted:

I managed to roll green by luck of the coin draw, it's just a shame that Thor doesn't quite work if you're missing the yellow skill inbetween :(

I've somehow managed to land 4 red Thor covers.. Neither of the others.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I kinda wanted to end up with magneto and purchased two covers with coins or whatever they are. I got two Thor covers so I now have level 3 with red/yellow.

I noticed hawkeye can be useful once with the right tiles when you use that power that places a crit tile anywhere. You can place that crit in a place that generates a second crit and it's created some cool chain reactions.

The challenges are giving me harder opponents now and I'm low on resources.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I put six hours into this today. Didn't realise the Thor cover was a recent addition, must have sucked to start out without him. Want to get his yellow skill, the tournament Thor they "lend" you hits very, very hard. Iron Man is cute, but he's no Thor.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

New Leaf posted:

Do what now? I switch between my phone and tablet constantly! Of course- Android again.. I get a message that says that your account was logged in from a different device and it takes like 30 seconds to sync your progress. The whole thing seems really polished on Android. Can anyone else weigh in?

I did a little research. Apparently it runs in the iPhone aspect ratio on iPads, and is not optimized for Retina displays. I'm loving this game but boy howdy is it an eyesore.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Dragonshirt posted:

If you log into Facebook, it backs up your save. I can't figure out how to replace that save with a new game though.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I didn't think the game looked too bad on my iPhone, and didn't think it would look so horrid on the iPad. Seriously gross and ugly.

If anyone hasn't noticed there's a little letter/mail icon in the corner and it will take you to a page to leave feedback. Probably a good idea to just give them some input on things you don't like and bugs. Better than just putting up with it or giving up on the game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah the ipad version isnt the greatest looking. Without cloud saves though, that's a moot point since I'm playing this on my phone more.

Yeah, Thor's yellow skill is his Repulsor blast / Devour. It's also the only one I dont have. :smith:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha yes I unlocked the last mission! The last two fights you have a High level wolverine and black widow guest vs darken and yelena. So I put storm in there and she didn't even get hit once.

I haven't beat any battles yet but so far I'm see

2 battles with random mooks. Both rewards are 1 Thor red and 3 venoms.

1 battle level 40 daken level 31 venom (:suicide:). Rewards are 1 daken 50 hero points 2 juggernauts.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shwqa posted:

Hahaha yes I unlocked the last mission! The last two fights you have a High level wolverine and black widow guest vs darken and yelena. So I put storm in there and she didn't even get hit once.

I haven't beat any battles yet but so far I'm see

2 battles with random mooks. Both rewards are 1 Thor red and 3 venoms.

1 battle level 40 daken level 31 venom (:suicide:). Rewards are 1 daken 50 hero points 2 juggernauts.

There is a mission to unlock that doesn't have a dot on the map to begin with? My last fight was against daken I think, with a guest wolverine.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Rolled along with Thor / Storm Classic / Iron Man and got my Green Thor at 500 points. Then I looked up and said "Whoa, I'm at #77."

(Won't last. I'm reasonably easy pickings once the big kids hit the playground. Man I wish I had a Storm Classic cover with the Passive.)

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Rolled along with Thor / Storm Classic / Iron Man and got my Green Thor at 500 points. Then I looked up and said "Whoa, I'm at #77."

(Won't last. I'm reasonably easy pickings once the big kids hit the playground. Man I wish I had a Storm Classic cover with the Passive.)

Why don't you? it is a pretty easy mission to grind for it. Venom level 17 is a push over.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I keep getting covers that I use to boost skills but now I don't have any iso left to raise the levels. Like I have Hawkeye for example at level 13, but if I had tons of iso I could get it up to 17.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

JHVH-1 posted:

I keep getting covers that I use to boost skills but now I don't have any iso left to raise the levels. Like I have Hawkeye for example at level 13, but if I had tons of iso I could get it up to 17.

Yeah it can be hard to get iso sometimes. PVP is the quickest way to farm more. Also hawkeye might just be the worst character in the game, you wasted a lot of iso on him.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Yeah it can be hard to get iso sometimes. PVP is the quickest way to farm more. Also hawkeye might just be the worst character in the game, you wasted a lot of iso on him.

He was starting to get better, and I had a ton of resources at the time and the covers kept flowing so I spent it but then it all dried up suddenly. Though if I keep getting more drat hawkeye covers I could sell them instead.

He does have his uses along side a time. If you have a character that can spam extra color tiles out or clear tiles (Thor, Juggernaut) and then you use the purple ability to place a critical tile somewhere and chain a bunch of stuff. Then you collect that and use it to power your third character (like Iron Man), it kinda works together.

JHVH-1 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 15, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

Why don't you? it is a pretty easy mission to grind for it. Venom level 17 is a push over.

Haven't found that one yet. I've been busy grinding out the Juggernaut stage rewards to level my other guys. Now that I've pimped out my Thor I'll go digging for that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you're hard up for iso, jump into Shield training and keep refreshing the lower left battle option (the button for that and skip opponent turn up in the same place so you can flip through opponents quickly) til you find a newbie team you can quickly beat up for iso. Sure you get only one digit SHIELD points, but you're in this for the iso which is a 70/140 reward for beating a team.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Wait, this game requires an Internet connection? Wanted to punch Juggernaut on the train home and it wouldn't pass the nag screen about not connecting to the SHIELD servers. Come on man, just let me farm some ISO and covers on the commute. I already feel guilty enough playing this at home when I have real games sitting there demanding my attention.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its only required it for me when going into Versus matches. Doing unranked stuff seems to work fine on the train and poor reception areas for me. Trying to do versus will send me straight to the nag screen though.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
So started this yesterday and have a couple questions.

- Repeating missions for rewards. I wanted to repeat the two missions in the starting story that give 50 gold as a reward. It said I had 1/2 rewards then when I beat it I just get 20 iso. Eventually after many retries I get the 2nd 50 gold reward. What determines this?

- Spending gold. I spent 150 gold on a cover (got ** thor). Should I spend my next gold on another?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Repeating missions gives you a chance of a special reward (the x/4 number shows how many remain) or 20 iso. No guarantees!

You might want to spend some gold on more cover storage space. You start buying them with Iso, then gold. I found 10 slots decent to work with, though I wouldnt mind more.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Gold is the only thing hard to get, so save it for those cover upgrades. Or for a shot at a really tasty cover, though I don't know if those come up as rewards further into the story. I do know all my gold is going on expanding my storage though.

Suddenly realised today that I could have been using ISO to train Thor, then level him a bit. Goddamn it, I could have been crushing fools with Mjolnir's Might much more efficiently if I'd noticed that earlier. Duh.

It might not be the optimal thing, but I'm currently digging Thor, Black Widow, and Storm (modern). Storm pumps out some nice damage over time with black gems, and clears tiles with green (and red if I'm stuffed with environmental tiles). Widow uses purps and blue to stun, and steal gems, and Thor uses red and yellow to murder everything. Well, he will once I get a yellow Thor cover. The freebie Thor in the tournament has that yellow power and it's my go-to "gently caress you and die" power. A thing of sublime beauty.

This game wasn't in the Hong Kong store so I had to snag it on my US account, so I don't even have the option of using IAP. So far, I'm getting ridiculous amounts of playtime with no real barriers. I actually kind of like the wound timers, it makes me use other heroes while they recover and kind of adds to the flimsy fantasy that I'm sending my superhero team into battle. Iron Man's taken a beating? Get Thor over here, we need him for this mission.

Fun game, spandex and gem matching are two great tastes that go together well. Got some rough edges but good times.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

retro sexual posted:

Repeating missions for rewards. I wanted to repeat the two missions in the starting story that give 50 gold as a reward. It said I had 1/2 rewards then when I beat it I just get 20 iso. Eventually after many retries I get the 2nd 50 gold reward. What determines this?

All the rewards aren't equally probable, though. I must have played Venom lvl 17 about 20 times trying to get a storm cover, and all I got was 400 cash. EDIT: I was playing some other level with a Storm cover. I'm dumb.

Speaking of which, I keep on getting distracted and swap between trying to get the 2 easy access Thor covers in the Tournament and the 2 Storm covers in the Venom mission. I should focus on one and use the rewards to get the other, but I get frustrated easily.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 15, 2013

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Something I really like about the mechanics of this is that damage on chains is reduced depending on how far into the chain you are- meaning you can't just get a lucky chain and wipe the other guy out.

Something I really dislike about the mechanics of this is that the Iso-8 rewards are lovely aside from 1-time bonuses.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

It might not be the optimal thing, but I'm currently digging Thor, Black Widow, and Storm (modern). Storm pumps out some nice damage over time with black gems, and clears tiles with green (and red if I'm stuffed with environmental tiles). Widow uses purps and blue to stun, and steal gems, and Thor uses red and yellow to murder everything. Well, he will once I get a yellow Thor cover. The freebie Thor in the tournament has that yellow power and it's my go-to "gently caress you and die" power. A thing of sublime beauty.

Grind the Venom level which gives you Classic Storm, she is absolutely beastly. Her, Thor and Black Widow are a vicious combination of AP lockdown, stuns, AOE damage and single target damage.

Grinding the 1000 PVP pts for that Thor yellow cover is going to be a motherfucker, I can tell. Up into the 500s and already getting tacked back every couple of hours.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Someone give me a good reason not to sell Bag Man and Venom, because I don't really see myself ever using them..

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Horrible cheater chiming in. Ragnarok is absolutely bananas if you level him up. At max level, it costs 2 red, creates 5 green tiles, and damages the enemy a good chunk. If you can get 6 red points you can clear the whole map just spamming that ability on turn 3. Pair it with storm and the other guy never gets a turn after like turn 5 or so.

Spiderman's stun also goes down in cost at the end and costs only 2 blue. You can lockdown entire teams quite easily like that.

Mind you, I think that if I leveled these guys up the normal way it would have cost hundreds of dollars each. Possibly into the thousands.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

Horrible cheater chiming in. Ragnarok is absolutely bananas if you level him up. At max level, it costs 2 red, creates 5 green tiles, and damages the enemy a good chunk. If you can get 6 red points you can clear the whole map just spamming that ability on turn 3. Pair it with storm and the other guy never gets a turn after like turn 5 or so.

Spiderman's stun also goes down in cost at the end and costs only 2 blue. You can lockdown entire teams quite easily like that.

Mind you, I think that if I leveled these guys up the normal way it would have cost hundreds of dollars each. Possibly into the thousands.

How much iso did you grind to get Ragnarok to max level without spending any cash :stare:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

bubbapook posted:

How much iso did you grind to get Ragnarok to max level without spending any cash :stare:

None. I cheated.

By and by, it costs several thousand Iso for each level. Just levelling him up took like 15-25 minutes of repeatedly pressing the button...

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahaha that was a horrible versus match. Storm Classic has Elemental Barrier, which has an attack that triggers on high damage and hits the whole enemy team. I had a Storm Classic... and so did my opponent. One blast hit her and it was an unending torrent of Elemental Barriers that destroyed both teams.

I just had this happen to me, but the other team had much higher HP and wiped me to win. There should be a "no-touchback" rule!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
On that topic, I have just discovered that the Elemental Barrier procs only if Storm is alive at the end of the attack that triggers it, so the usual counter is a Repulser Blast to the face.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stunning her probably prevents it as well - Daken's Pheromone Rage doesn't proc when he's stunned.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh wow, so after one or two space upgrades, the game starts demanding premium currency to upgrade how many covers you can hold. And if you get any more in the meantime they go into a "cache" where they expire if you can't find a way to get them out in time. You also can't directly use them from the cache to upgrade current covers. Well, it was fun I guess but gently caress that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Right, but you can get the "premium" currency from missions and PVP events and also you probably don't really need to be carrying around a full deck of cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, some characters are just trash. I ditch every Hawkeye, Juggernaut card I get. I dont keep many two stars other than my mains, Thor, Storm, Magneto. I'll keep Venom around because two star devour looks silly in terms of damage, but Daken goes in the bin too. I think I've got about three free slots if I clear out my cover storage.