Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Maldraedior posted:

:siren: Thanos Event :siren:

everyone come on back and enjoy the new update!

Will playing still make me throw up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Maldraedior posted:

if it's due to the extremely obnoxious and counterproductive screen dimming on enemy turns, then yes!

Hmm they should probably do something about that!

Feels bad losing days on the counter when you’re over 2300 days played but I couldn’t even make it through the DPD battles.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Three weeks till they even make tweaks that may hopefully fix the nausea-inducing migraine causing UI. No rollback to the non-pukey UI, just tweaks they hope might help.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news&f=upcoming-gameboard-fixes-3-19-21&l=en

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
State of the game update:

“Someone on the MPQ forums” posted:

WHAT CAUSES THE HEAD ACHES AND MIGRAINES / EYE STRAINS

I, like many have been getting migraines with the new game board. This is rather my favourite game so I have still been trying to find ways to play it. It got me into thinking though of what causes this. I recorded the gameplay into a video and studied it. Then it became very clear. The board is dark now... even more dark during enemy turn. Then the eye adjusts to the dark... making our pupils large. Then during gameplay, there are split second flashes that are bright. Since our pupils are already large...the flashes affect our eyes is a negative way...not giving them any time to adjust. It's like looking into a camera's flash directly during photography...except it happens many time over a few seconds. Worst still our pupils are now constantly adjusting making the eye muscles fatigue very quickly and eventually causing the migraines for those sensitive to such instances.

Source: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84797/what-causes-the-new-board-migraines-and-how-to-cope

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

duz posted:

The colors and contrast have been improved. Hopefully to the extent they aren't making people sick anymore.

Yeah it’s not nausea inducing anymore. Just ugly.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It feels so insanely bad to have a level 435 Thanos, a 405 Old Man Logan both from when 5*s were relatively new and zero other playable 5*s. :sigh:

I’ve got close to half the 4*s champed and covers for all but a couple. 98% of my PVP matches are Kitty/4* R&G/something scary. I can skip 20-25 times before hitting a team without Kitty and they still have a champed BRB or Apoc usually.

It’s kept me from taking the game seriously for years at this point. I’ve been tempted to sell Thanos and OML so many times. I couldn’t have screwed my account up worse if I’d tried.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Andorra posted:

Any idea how much it would affect my match ups in PVP if I were were to level up only one (or two) 5* characters to something way higher than the rest of my 6 highest leveled characters, whom I use in things? Right now I'm comfortably in 4* Land, edging into the 5*s, and I already find the opponents with leveled up Wanda or Immortal Hulk too tough to beat. Or is not putting the levels into Kitty holding me back?

Doing this with Old Man Logan and Thanos was the worst mistake I ever made and I probably should have sold them both rather than continue slogging through this nightmare.

If you like the PVP portion of the game at all, wait till you’ve got multiple fully covered 5*s. It’s awful having one mediocre high level 5* and the rest of your roster 4*.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MarcusSA posted:

It’s also my understanding that once you go up you ain’t coming back down but yeah that definitely was a mistake like you saw.

A drat good duo 3 months ago was Wanda and Colo and I frequently skip that pair in PVP because it’s a slog even though I can win against them.

Unfortunately it was when OML and Thanos were new, and then I quit playing for a while aside from the occasional DPD. Came back to a world where everyone has champed Kitty. I mean EVERYONE.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If I skipped teams with Kitty/Polaris/Grocket I’d basically skip PVP. (Which I pretty much do) It’s common to go 30+ skips with all Kitty/Polaris/Grocket. Then if I’m lucky I get to see one team with at least two champed 5*s (hi Apoc!) before going back to dozens of Kitty/Polaris/Grocket.

I’m in a terrible place though with a level 435 Thanos, a 405 OML, and a bunch of 4*s champed into the low 280s. Seems like a thing they should fix someday. In the meantime 4* Sabertooth is favorited and up to uh… four covers. So by 2025 I should have something to play against all the Kitty/Polaris/Grocket teams I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Push El Burrito posted:

Finally got Polaris champed and that changes things at least but dang every team I go against has at least one champed 5* and it's hurting me inside. Beginning to think bringing my 5*s to level 420 was a Bad Idea but it just helps so much in PVE.

Welcome to my nightmare…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

duz posted:

It's probably all automated now. They're in that wind down phase of app games.

I sure hope not. I’m only another 10-15 years away from fully covering a useful 5*.

I may even have two by the time I retire. :woop: