Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The only use I've found for Hawkeye so far is that ability to turn a selected gem into a Crit gem. You can get some 5-match setups that way for good damage but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I did those 150 gold random rolls and got two Bagman. What the gently caress kind of bullshit card is this and why are his skills so loving terrible?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I think I'm gonna restart my game. I only began playing a few weeks ago and I haven't even started the Venom compaign yet. I also wasted my gold coins on stupid stuff.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Restarted a second time since the game kept wanting me to reload my previous Facebook account save. Made a new account with a fake Facebook account so I could join in on the gifting.

https://www.facebook.com/philianna.nguyen

Eddain
May 6, 2007
How are you guys skilling up your *** cards like Classic Magneto and Grey Suit Widow? I got them using Heroic Tokens and now they're basically taking up all my cover space.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Bullseye is diabolical. Hey, his power activates when you match purple tiles. It creates a purple protect tile. I'll just match it to get rid of... OH FUUUUUCK.

I found the best way to kill Bullseye is with mass nukes, like Iron Man's blue skill. There's really no way to damage him through regular matching once he has a couple purple Protects on the board.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
You should pretty much be skipping constantly for PVP. If you even have to think about how you'd go about beating a certain team just skip it. There's always easier prey around the corner, like this guy who had a lvl 6 Black Widow, lvl 1 Wolverine, and lvl 6 Modern Storm. Easiest 30 Arena points ever.

I always skip Classic Storm and high level Thors/Ragnarok. Classic Storm can be a huge pain with her constant nukes and passive damage.

Also, does it seem like White Magneto (**) is better than Classic Magneto (***)? White Magneto can destroy the entire drat board or set up 5-matches with his skills!

Eddain fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 28, 2013

Eddain
May 6, 2007

JHVH-1 posted:

Juggernaut's green power destroys a bunch of random tiles which I kinda like cause it has the chance of eliminating timer blocks and also triggering some pretty sweet matching chains that don't count as your turn. At level 10 he has 1120 HP. I have the red power but basically never use it unless its near the end of the match or he has tons of extra HP to spare.

That's how I play Modern Storm. She can either destroy random tiles or destroy those environmental tiles only. It's free damage, free power, and it gives you a chance to start chain reactions to sweep the enemy team.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
This Dark Avengers event blows, I sold all my Dark Avengers except for Daken. Why would you ever keep Venom/Yelena around?

If you have any Dark Avengers at all just get the 50pts for the Heroic Token. I hate how Bag-Man keeps showing up on my rolls though.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Yeah but how did you manage to get enough Venom covers and ISO to even max him out?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My lvl 6 Daken got 130pts just from hunting down lvl 1 Yelenas/Venoms.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Does anyone bother leveling up two of the same card? Like, your first card is completely maxed and you're just working on the second copy for your backup PVP team or something?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
That Thor is beastly. I wish I had more Captain America/Classic Storm/Thor covers. I did somehow manage to get three Grey Suit Widows with Standard Tokens though.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

I still can't figure out how everyone is leveling their guys, are you just dumping massive amounts of money pulling cards and then using hero points to level the skills?

I mercilessly pound low level teams in SHIELD PVP for quick 70/140iso. I'm currently at a wall for the Daken/Yelena PVE chapter so I'm just grinding my levels up.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What's the best setup for Classic Storm? Max the passive Raging Tempest?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, and the blue team stunner is also a pretty good move.

The blue skill stuns the entire team? I thought it was just a team nuke and a single target stun?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm #125 in the red ISO event and I haven't touched the repeatables at all (because I'm nowhere near able to handle them). I just want an Iron Man Model 40 card, but I think it's just gonna end up sitting in my collection forever unless it starts dropping from more events.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Does the Standard Recruit roll include every possible card, and the Heroic Recruit roll just excludes 1-star cards? I know I got a few three-stars from the Standard roll (Doom, Grey Widow) but I'm not sure if it can give Classic Spiderman or X-Force Wolverine.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
But I have to catch them all!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Does Classic Storm's green block breaking skill factor in the 12 green AP it costs to activate it when calculating how many random blocks to blow up?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Adding all you guys on Facebook makes the game so much easier. I get nearly 2000 free ISO every day!

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kin posted:

Ah that makes sense. Do i only get additional stuff when I send things to other people then?

Or is just being on the friends list of a bunch of other goons going to end up benefiting me in some way too?

If you're friends with lots of players you can get gifts from them whenever the share option comes up. Due to some recent fix or update or whatever, you can now randomly send out a gift to 25 people. Sometimes when you log in after a day you can spend minutes just collecting all the goodies you've received.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kin posted:

Well I think I might just throw the towel in with this game now anyway. I restarted it a few days ago and did things a bit better. In my first attempt I'd connected the game to my Facebook but just now when I tried connecting it again it mentioned something about progress before loading up what appears to be my first lovely playthrough/profile.

I can't seem to find an option to log out of or desynch from Facebook nor restore all of the new progress I made over the last few days. Am I right in thinking that's all now been wiped?

I had to completely uninstall and then reinstall the app for it to forget my previous Facebook sync. If you want to unlink the app from your connected Facebook account you can send a support ticket and they'll respond to you there. If you already saved over your new progress by allowing the app to resync to your old Facebook account you're screwed I think.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like everyone is running a level 2 Venom and a classic storm for the contest. Its a good combo, wave Venom around till he gets hit for free damage

Does Classic Storm's passive activate if she takes more than 20% of her life? When I see Classic Storm teams I usually focus on her first and ignore the low level guys, and I don't think I've ever seen it go off when I'm hitting just her.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Ow. Never underestimate regular storm. Her green attack smashes up to 16 tiles and gives back AP for each one. All of a sudden it's a barrage of special attacks left and right.

I guess the only consolation is that regular and classic storm cant be on the same team.

I think Modern Storm is vastly superior to Classic Storm for that reason. She has two skills which allow you to manipulate the board without ending your turn. Destroy all Environmental tiles for quick damage, auto-matches, damage and AP, then destroy random tiles for even more auto-matches, damage, and AP. That's not even counting the lucky 5-matches you might end up with after clearing your board each time.

The only time she's a detriment is if you're running other characters who rely on countdown tiles or special tiles like Captain America/Spiderman/Venom/Wolverine.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kin posted:

I ended up doing that this morning and starting all over once again (i figure that with goon Facebook help, i'll probably get back to where i was much quicker) but when it came to synching with my Facebook it still tried to recover the initial account. I hit cancel and it let me tag 3 friends, but since then I've not seen another share thing popup on the rewards i've gotten.

I'm still in that introductory chapter but should the sharing thing be popping up more often than just the one time that i've seen it?

It's incredibly random I've found. I think it's guaranteed at least once a day, usually on your first victory of that day.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Are there really that many new goon players every day? I casually check my fake Facebook account once a day or something and I always see 20+ new friend requests.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm #2 in my bracket with Wolverine and Daken. Love the auto healing and Strike damage bonus, but I really need more drat covers. They're both under level 40.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Wait, if I place #1 in a tournament I only get the #1 prize and not everything else below that bracket?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm now #1 in my bracket with 873pts. Hopefully that gives me enough of a buffer so that in three hours I'm dropped right within range of the Thor covers...

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The ISO recruit seems to have red covers for Thor, which is good because my Thor needs more of that.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I hope it's not some bullshit PVP bonus for having more characters in your cover collection.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The rewards for Heroic Mode are so bad. More Modern Widows and Hawkeyes?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I tried using my 3* team of Grey Widow, Iron Man M40, and Doom. Every match takes loving forever and really not worth it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Dr Doom and Grey Widow have some pretty nice abilities now that I've used them for a bit. Doom's attack tiles deal ridiculously high damage and his blue skill helps you gain black AP. Grey Widow has some nice board clearing and crit setups but her skills are kinda costly.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So what, 90% chance for Hawkeye/Widow/Storm and 0.5% for everything else?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Does the SHIELD Versus event ever reset?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Holy poo poo the ISO recruit for the Avengers event just gave me Red Thor, Blue M.Hawkeye, and Green Wolverine. Send me more ISO damnit!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
You know what's a really fun team?

Thor, Grey Widow, and Wolverine.

If you start with all color boost, red/yellow boost, and green/black boost, a maxed green Wolverine can begin the round by creating 4 strike tiles. If you have a maxed red Thor you can then nuke the enemy to create yellow, and potentially nuke them again with the yellow skill. If nothing's on the board start matching purple so you can set up a green critical with Grey Widow's skill to let Wolverine make more strike tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm #1 in my Avengers bracket with about 510pts. Need people to catch up so I can start winning more than 15pts a fight.