Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Marvel Puzzle Quest is currently free for iOS and Android. Also now on PC via Steam!

What the hell is this?
It's terrible hahaharghghh

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Second post reserved in the unlikely event a match three game needs a gigantic OP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Putting Spiderman and Venom on the same team seems really unfair when Venom just eats one opponent. :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New Leaf posted:

So.. Am I supposed to just dick around replaying missions until I can tackle the Black Widow imposter? Because loving christ almighty, that fight is impossible with my current build. I figured "Oh, a couple of random mooks, who gives a poo poo what level they are?" Nope. I went back to some Juggernaut levels I hadn't done, but even those are pretty hard.

Yeah those fights are still kicking my rear end, and I have a level 27 Iron Man. Thankfully you dont need to clear those missions to unlock the next chapter, only the main villain storyline is needed.

Do Versus missions. You'll quickly rack up enough iso to level up your guys.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ghostwritingduck posted:

I posted up above and no one responded. When I try to do a versus mission I can't actually get the match to launch. Am I the only one posting here that's having this issue?

Seems likely. Force-quit and restart? The app also got an update a few days ago.

New Leaf posted:

Hah, I have been, but I'm even running out of those that are do-able. One is 3 star Spider-man, 3 star Ragnarok, and 4 star Wolverine. Not even going to waste my time..

If you hit the skip button on the enemy team view, you pull a new opponent into the slot.

Also, last few hours of the points/iso sale. The $5 pack gives you enough bonus for 5 draws on the heroic card pack. There's also special offer heroes for the moment, Thor/Hawkeye Modern for 150 and good god what are you wearing Black Widow for 500. :I

I lucked out and drew two of Hawkeye's powers from my tournament reward and saving up hero points. Blue is a timered stun, the other is a timered area attack, and his purple is an auto-avoid if there are X number of purples on the board.

The avoid means he jumps to the back of the team and his teammates eat the attack instead. Hawkeye you jerk!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm tempted to sell Venom, but I want to give a try at levelling him a bit along with Bag-Man and eat dudes more. His devour move is deceptively poo poo at low levels, but up against a levelled Venom it does tons of damage. :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I usually take out Black Widow first. She's fragile and she's got AP stealing and stun moves, both can be very annoying or even crippling.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, what I do is take the 'With Great Responsibility' Venom mission and take two characters I want healed in with me. You get Spider-Man by default for that mission with his heal and stun. The heal heals 100 + 100ish for each web tile there are. Since the stuns that Spidey and Venom use spit out web tiles everywhere, a few rounds in and I've got a fully healed team. Then you can bug out and leave Spider-Man to fight Venom or finish it off for 20 iso.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The penalty is fewer reward points. As for covers I sell off all one stars except Iron Man and Black Widow.

Modern Hawkeye is quite neat, if only i could get his red power hough.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love fighting dudes with no avengers. Pretty sure I'm not going to get mauled in these last few hours before the contest is over. I'll just try stay inside my prize bracket and murder dudes with one or two guys for sweet iso.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, you start getting 2 star Storms and Thors further in the storyline. You also have a decent chance of getting a 2-star card from the 500 iso point store option, and iso points arent that hard to come by. I ended up with Thor that way.

Also I just got my free Thor card from the tournament. Looks like they're slowly getting through. He's still a big meatshield til I get my yellow thor power.

Though I have to say my Classic Storm, Magneto Now and Thor Now are absolutely wrecking poo poo as a team. Tiles getting smashed everywhere, enemies stunned until the end of time, and Magneto's purple -blue generating powers let me chain up stuff for ridiculous combos.

And one thing I started doing yesterday: If a storyline mission starts out with a poo poo tile layout, just restart the mission. There's no penalty for those, unlike Versus.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're fighting for the four star Wolverine prize.

That they have to spend premium currency to level up. :haw: Chumps!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god the Oscorp missions. Spies, grenadiers, assassins and pyros. :supaburn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, its always cheaper to level the first few levels with Iso.

Also gently caress you enemy team Iron Man, those are my hot dogs!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thor's actually decent if you dont look at him as an Iron Man replacement. Iron Man just hits stuff really, really hard. Thor? He hits stuff, and once you beef up the skills, sets up ridiculous combo chains. Team him up with other combo monsters like Storm Classic and Magneto Now and you have a never ending pain train.

Also got 100 premium out of the contest. I'm holding off on rolling because I want cover space and because I fear what I'll get. :ohdear:

Also it's time for the Thor tournament. Thornament.

Apocron posted:

Man it's so close to being good but like someone else said, it would be helped by getting a free try on the 150 coin cover after the tutorial that you could retry until you got a hero you wanted to play the game and PVP with.

The game isnt cloud saved at all, so you could try reinstall, but yeah, it takes about half an hour of play to get to the point where you can try again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have no idea. I'll experiment on my ipad and let you know.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahaha that was a horrible versus match. Storm Classic has Elemental Barrier, which has an attack that triggers on high damage and hits the whole enemy team. I had a Storm Classic... and so did my opponent. One blast hit her and it was an unending torrent of Elemental Barriers that destroyed both teams.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah the ipad version isnt the greatest looking. Without cloud saves though, that's a moot point since I'm playing this on my phone more.

Yeah, Thor's yellow skill is his Repulsor blast / Devour. It's also the only one I dont have. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you're hard up for iso, jump into Shield training and keep refreshing the lower left battle option (the button for that and skip opponent turn up in the same place so you can flip through opponents quickly) til you find a newbie team you can quickly beat up for iso. Sure you get only one digit SHIELD points, but you're in this for the iso which is a 70/140 reward for beating a team.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its only required it for me when going into Versus matches. Doing unranked stuff seems to work fine on the train and poor reception areas for me. Trying to do versus will send me straight to the nag screen though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Repeating missions gives you a chance of a special reward (the x/4 number shows how many remain) or 20 iso. No guarantees!

You might want to spend some gold on more cover storage space. You start buying them with Iso, then gold. I found 10 slots decent to work with, though I wouldnt mind more.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, some characters are just trash. I ditch every Hawkeye, Juggernaut card I get. I dont keep many two stars other than my mains, Thor, Storm, Magneto. I'll keep Venom around because two star devour looks silly in terms of damage, but Daken goes in the bin too. I think I've got about three free slots if I clear out my cover storage.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's not to like about Classic Storm? She's got an amazing stun that hits everyone on the enemy team for damage, an auto counterattack that hits everyone on the enemy team and the same tile shattering attack that regular storm has, except it can also scale up with the number of ap you have.

Pyros, grenadiers and spies used to wreck my day but with Storm classic, Thor and Magneto they're just destroyed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

True, but my Classic Storm's stun and counterattacks are now in the 300-400 damage range. Its murdertime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can get missions that drop Thor green and yellows in the Oscorp mission line 'Impostors Assemble'. I know the rating says Impossible, but you get levelled Wolverines and Black Widows in those, so just throw in your strongest character as a third and you'll be good.

You do need to unlock it first though. Good luck!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Poor Hawkeye classic. Modern Hawkeye would be neat if his attacks didnt have a 4 round timer. I COULD BE DEAD BY THEN.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only solution to that is to make your team too scary looking to bother with.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If they have four digit hit points, have multiple levels and have lots of skills, I'm skipping them for easy pickings.

If its a team with Level 2 Thor, Black Widow, Modern Storm or Hawkeye, it's go time.

The win amount obviously comes into play too. If I'm only getting one shield out of it then gently caress that fight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, you can cheat and still enter tourneys? Oh well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I've asked before, but how does it determine what team shows up for you?

I'm assuming its the last team you went into a fight with at the time your opponent loads up your profile on the battle screen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm getting sloppy blazing through easy fights. "Haha, a level 4 Storm and level 3 Black Widow, this'll be easyOH GOD THOR HAS 3000 HIT POINTS."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's missions in the Oscorp chapter that give out all Thor powers as prizes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the 150 random hero lottery is a bit too random to rely on. If you want a specific hero, wait for a particular event that gives out only that hero on sale, i.e. last week you had Thor and Storm available on their own, this weekend its uh... villains and hero 1 stars I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm starting to rethink Daken. I've been coming up against him in the Dark Avengers chapter and each of his strike tiles adds 30 damage, and you get one per combo. That really started to add up quickly. Still, he's at a ridiculous level and I'd have to get tons of daken cards to be that effective.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fuuuuuuck. And I've been grinding stuff trying to get my 20th Repulsor Blast.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wonder if they're going to reset the Prologue missions because of deleted covers. Sometimes its just not worth keeping some covers around.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JHVH-1 posted:

Noice I hit 500 points in the current tourney and got 500 gold thingies

I'm also 28th in my group so I'll be getting a captain america. Shame I couldn't get back up higher cause the higher ones have more than one color.

You jerk, you got me all excited til I checked the reward. It's 100 gold for 500 points. :argh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

As I said before, I think the random 150g rolls are way too random to expect anything out of them.

I really do want a Spider Man classic so I can do my own healing stuff, but I'll wait for a Spidey event to improve my odds.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Leaderboard/Versus server appears to be down for... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw man, someone pushed me out of the top 50, so I ended up with a Freon Beam Iron Man.