Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cap's powers. :stare:

Red costs 11 ap, does damage, returns 8 ap in 3 turn timer.
Blue costs 11 ap, stuns, returns 8 ap in 3 turn timer.
Yellow is 19 ap, super beefed up Armored Assault. Creates 3 protect tiles at 19 strength each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:stare: holy poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taking a break from versus stuff so I can push through more of the story missions. Looks like Wolverine ** starts to drop in the Dark Avengers chapter.

I'm afraid to do that particular mission again though. Those MafiaMaggia thugs hit hard!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's 4 reward covers, with a 25% chance of each! Some times you get the 25% you already won though! :downs:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Me too in the main plot. His abilities only cost 5 and 2 ap and he has 7000 hit points. :stonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420749833"]
Some big changes coming up
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72

Looks pretty good: Easier to level up 2 & 3 star characters so people will actually use them, reducing # of covers required from 20 to 5 to get rid of the intermediate ability upgrade steps, no more escalating ability upgrade costs, daily rewards, less "20 ISO-8" rewards from farming.

On the other hand they are removing the ability to upgrade 1 star cards with ISO-8.

Here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My Venom's Devour is now outdamaging Iron Man's Repulsor. :stare:

Holy poo poo my Hawkeye modern is a monster in the tournament. He just did a 800hp electric arrow stun.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 24, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've only gotten 2 star butts out of the hero lottery. t:mad:t

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I levelled him up a bit more. Hawkeye Modern got a 5 tile match and did 500 damage. Then he pulled out an electric arrow that did 1000+ damage. :stonklol:

I know this is due to the tournament bonuses, but still!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My Venom is going INSANE. His purple stuns get cheaper and cheaper and develop to stun a whole team. He's a lockdown monster! If only I could get a Yellow Classic Spidey to go along with him. His purples only take 4 AP to spam now so I can just toggle through a whole team and stun the whole thing at once. No chance to use devour because with the whole enemy team locked down they die too fast!

My Hawkeye modern is also kicking rear end in the avengers tournament. He's the only person attacking now because his attacks outdamage everyone else. A 4 tile blue or purple match does 200ish damage. A 5 tile match murders for 500 damage. His electric arrow only takes 3 turns to blow now and does 1500+ :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yelena is pretty much an angrier Black Widow, with less cards dropping so you'll have a harder time getting better powers. And a stupider costume.

Venom drops often enough that its worthwhile holding onto if you're going to get use out of the level 5 team stun. :haw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Currently at level 4, it's 4ap to stun one person. At 5 it will cost 7 but stun the whole team one round. I'm mainly looking at this for synergy with Spider-Man's powers though, which uses up webs. I really want Classic Spidey Yellow for heals to reduce my downtime. Clawed my way up to 800ish and took a break while waiting for heals. Came back to check and I was down to 700ish. Spidey is the prize for 1000. :negative:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 24, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420898131"]
You can reduce your downtime by running the Venom missions that put Spider Man on your team (he has his yellow heal skill).

Yeah I know, but the guys I need to heal are ridiculous heavy hitters now and they murder Venom before I can heal them decently just by doing regular matches.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A few annoyances: Bag-Man isnt an Avenger but Spidey Classic is. You cant swap a hero joining your team for an alternate costume version of them either! i.e. When you're given Hawkeye classic to do a mission, you cant swap him for Hawkeye Modern.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got Hawkeye Modern's red power. 4 turn countdown, then 1010 damage to the entire enemy team. :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm wondering if Bag-Man's Switcharoo could be used at all since it creates two web tiles. Use it 4 times and it's eat the entire loving team time. Anyone have a clue if the cost keeps going down?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god, that level 5. Two pairs of tiles. FOUR WEB TILES. Time to get in Venom's mouth.

edit: Are you sure you didnt mix up cocoon and switcheroo? Cocoon freezes timers, switcheroo swaps and webs stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks, I'll add that to the OP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cant or wont?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New event up! Arena mode. 200 player brackets and a chance to win Moonstone. Black Widow is mandatory.

New Leaf posted:

There is no reason to hang onto extra covers of characters I have fully skilled out, correct? I just got another blue cover for Iron Man but I've already capped it.

If you want to have a backup Iron Man ready to go, you could hang on to it and develop it. But raising other characters is more interesting.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So with the facebook stuff, does it detect friends who have linked Puzzle Quest as well, or will it just spam random people?

And how do I link it to a different facebook account :\

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It also works if the enemy team has spidey or venom.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Do I have to stay logged in on my facebook app on my fake facebook account or can I switch back to my regular one after linking?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got up to 913 points before running out of steam and got beaten down by 200 points overnight. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The not healed teams are from when you beat them up earlier but they finished you off first.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a fake Black Widow, 250 purples and 100 gold. :toot: Now my cover storage is +1.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The latter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bullseye is diabolical. Hey, his power activates when you match purple tiles. It creates a purple protect tile. I'll just match it to get rid of... OH FUUUUUCK.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah that's hilarious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Keep levelling Iron Man. He will be your main heavy hitter for a long time. Once you get Thor, he'll also work his way into rotation once you level him up.

Also Arena fight tips: Classic Storm and a low level Cap or Black Widow are pretty fun. Their hp max are so low that it's almost guaranteed a good combo will cause Storm's elemental barrier to trigger.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Take a look at his powers' AP cost. :stonklol:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Almost all cards have their uses and are pretty good when levelled. My Hawkeye Modern is a murder machine and Grey Magneto is awesome at smashing huge portions of the board to bits and generating tons of blues.

Check out this link to see what levelled up characters can do:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Always level Iron Man, always spend coins on storage space. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nothing wrong with having more meatshields though. When my main team is exhausted, I can run team B-listers through the meatgrinder of shield training for extra iso.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Marvel Puzzle Quest. 'I went to the bathroom and dropped 5 spots and a no 2'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp, I've exhausted my heals and pool of available heroes so I'll just have to wait til the end.

I mean I have some gold but I feel if I start buying heals it will start something I cannot stop.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a Ms Marvel with red and purple! :woop:

Red's a damage by number of red tiles ON THE BOARD. Purple swaps 3 tile locations. Black turns a timer from the enemy to your own team's control. :stare:

Holy poo poo I wish I had that black power.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, dont throw coins at the cover slot machine. Throw it at cover collection spaces.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The 200 player brackets are still far better than the superbrackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eddain posted:

This Dark Avengers event blows, I sold all my Dark Avengers except for Daken. Why would you ever keep Venom/Yelena around?