Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

New Leaf posted:

Are the rewards from redoing a mission random or are there some hidden criteria I'm missing along the way? I still have missions in the Prologue where I'd like to mindlessly gather the 100 Iso8 rewards in my downtime at work, but I keep ending up with the 20 poo poo rewards.
There's a set number of rewards per missions, usually 4. You have a 1/4 chance of getting each reward. If you "roll" a reward you've already gotten, you just get the base 20 reward. If you want to farm the stuff play the "versus" mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

I made it to 500 and got modern Hawkeye and then when I came back to it an hour later my score had been pummeled down 57 points. I've still got two days to make it to 1000 to get the yellow Thor card.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

There's a colored tab on the covers that show what skill they have.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

delfin posted:

Yeah, but when guys with Iron Man 27 and Thor 13 are giving me 6 points, getting any points picked off is nasty. I was hoping it was more like "you've gathered 425 overall" and not "you've gathered 425 but someone stole 15 from you so you didn't cross that line." I just want my dang Thor red attack.

Pulled one more time from the purple pit: Yelena Belova, Dark Avenger Black Widow. Meh.
Gonna give you some tips on versus. I'm just over 600 rank so I'd like to think I"m doing ok.
  • Skip fights that don't give you many points
  • "Revenge" fights seem to give more points
  • You usually want to take out Iron Man first because he does the most damage and has the best skills
  • Try to fight against teams that don't have a lot of variety. Lots of characters will only have red skills so you can shut them out if you take all the red
  • Use your boosts if it looks like it's going to be a tough battle
  • Make sure to tap on their characters to see how much damage they do and their skills
  • You can slide the pane at the top of the game to the left and right to see how much of each color both sides have

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I usually take out Black Widow first. She's fragile and she's got AP stealing and stun moves, both can be very annoying or even crippling.
Yeah she's the second one I take out, but Iron Man does a shitload of damage and I've been doing better getting him out of the way first, even though he has the most life.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

You get one heal back per hour. Raising your level will also do a full heal.

Er, I guess it's more than an hour, maybe two?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Woke up to an rear end kicking.

Finally made it, though. Gonna see if I can hit 1000. Still haven't spent a dime.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

They're fighting for the four star Wolverine prize.

That they have to spend premium currency to level up. :haw: Chumps!
I'm just trying to get the Thor reward. I went from rank 53 to 128 in a pretty short time, though, so I'm not too hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I play it on a Nexus 7 and have no black bars or jagged edges.. It looks really nice actually.
Strange that they did a better job on the Android version than iOS, but it might be that they targeted devices with wide aspect ratios.

Also, here's what I won from the last tournament, suckers!