Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I put six hours into this today. Didn't realise the Thor cover was a recent addition, must have sucked to start out without him. Want to get his yellow skill, the tournament Thor they "lend" you hits very, very hard. Iron Man is cute, but he's no Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Wait, this game requires an Internet connection? Wanted to punch Juggernaut on the train home and it wouldn't pass the nag screen about not connecting to the SHIELD servers. Come on man, just let me farm some ISO and covers on the commute. I already feel guilty enough playing this at home when I have real games sitting there demanding my attention.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Gold is the only thing hard to get, so save it for those cover upgrades. Or for a shot at a really tasty cover, though I don't know if those come up as rewards further into the story. I do know all my gold is going on expanding my storage though.

Suddenly realised today that I could have been using ISO to train Thor, then level him a bit. Goddamn it, I could have been crushing fools with Mjolnir's Might much more efficiently if I'd noticed that earlier. Duh.

It might not be the optimal thing, but I'm currently digging Thor, Black Widow, and Storm (modern). Storm pumps out some nice damage over time with black gems, and clears tiles with green (and red if I'm stuffed with environmental tiles). Widow uses purps and blue to stun, and steal gems, and Thor uses red and yellow to murder everything. Well, he will once I get a yellow Thor cover. The freebie Thor in the tournament has that yellow power and it's my go-to "gently caress you and die" power. A thing of sublime beauty.

This game wasn't in the Hong Kong store so I had to snag it on my US account, so I don't even have the option of using IAP. So far, I'm getting ridiculous amounts of playtime with no real barriers. I actually kind of like the wound timers, it makes me use other heroes while they recover and kind of adds to the flimsy fantasy that I'm sending my superhero team into battle. Iron Man's taken a beating? Get Thor over here, we need him for this mission.

Fun game, spandex and gem matching are two great tastes that go together well. Got some rough edges but good times.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
It's generous with the IAP rewards this game, I'll give it that. 2 days ago I logged on and got almost 500 ISO and 100 gold. Today I logged on and got 500 from a SHIELD bonus and 250 from the tourney. Had a 1,000 ISO on hand so decided to take a punt on a 500 ISO cover to try my luck, and got a blue Iron Man. :getin:

Bloody fun little time waster this. Sad I was too busy to get a Cap cover, but I'm trucking along nicely. Freeze ray bitches.