Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Bob Socko posted:

Oh no, I have to remember how to make competent 3 and 3/4 star teams again.

3* Iron Fist, Dr. Strange and Thor/Magneto works pretty well (Assuming champs all around)

I like the new Daily. It pretty much guarantees 35/45 HP everyday as opposed to only 10.

I think I must be misunderstanding something though. The update also mentioned that they lowered the cost of slots from 2000HP down to 1200, for slots over 300. So if you have more than 300 heroes, the extra slots would cost 1200 each rather than 2000. But aren't there only about 270 characters? Who is buying 30+ slots to dupe heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

If anyone is interested in the Doop decoder contest, the answers are below, all caps, no spaces

#1 WOLVERINEMURDERWORLD

#2 SILVERSURFERWORTHY

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

pyrofreak421 posted:

So am I just having bad luck or did all the free 5 stars and other stuff mess up lower rank PVP match making?

I'm currently working on rostering all the 3 stars and I have a handful of 4 stars and 1 5 star.

I have been getting matched with people that kick my rear end so bad I am blowing 2 heal packs per PVP match just to keep going and the wins are by a slim margin. On top of the guest unit basically being a liability.

Did I gently caress myself over by actually rostering Shehulk when I got her from the guild event?

Yes, kind of.

I don't know exactly how the math works, but it goes something like this - If you have only 3* characters in your entire collection unlocked, you are going to get paired up with teams of similar power levels. That's not to say you won't see any 4* or 5* opponents in PvP, but you should see less of them.

As soon as you unlock a 4* or 5* in your roster at all, that bumps you up to a group of opponents that will also have more 4* & 5* characters. And you are at a double disadvantage because even if you put that 5* on your active team, they have all of one level of one power unlocked. If you are lucky, maybe you drew 2 during the event, but still, at best, they should just be a shield, absorbing what hits they can, while your 3* guys try to deal damage.

To put it another way, I'd sooner take on a team of 4* with 1 power unlocked (lvl 70) as a team of fully powered 3* than going the other way. That's sometimes a better gauge of how hard they will hit rather than the level displayed under their preview.

I don't know if selling off your 5* will drop you back down to a manageable PvP tier or not.