Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Reposting here

quote:

Where do I get ... Preliminary List

Juggernaut - Venom #2a, "Kidnapping"

Storm, Classic (blue) - Venom #2b, "The Search is On"

Bagman - Oscorp #2

Iron Man (blue) - Avenger's 150 points Get this, you WANT this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Managed to get Black Widow (Grey Suit) when I dropped a dollar on this. At level four she does 11 damage per blue, 12 damage per purple and 10 damage per black tile which is a great complement to Iron Man (yellow, red and blue tiles).

Her level 4 green ability does 405 damage for 15 green tiles and at level five this increases to +25% base damage. Granted upgrading her abilities cost hero gold.

Then I dropped $5 for more hero cash, in hopes of getting a Thor green or yellow.

What happened after one Thor pull and two gold packs?

2 Thor Red and 1 Bagman Purple.

:negative:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ghostwritingduck posted:

the cover cache

It is a holding area where you have 6 days (maybe 7?) to expand your storage and select the covers.

I don't remember if you can sell covers from the cover cache.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Does Bullseye synergise well with Iron Man's Armored Assault?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright, any hints on how to beat the red iso mission with the lv 60 Don and two lv 60 Muscles?

I can't seem to get any traction with my lv50 Thor, lv36 Iron Man and lv33 Cap. The board just explodes with countdowns.

Deep Winter posted:

gray black widow?

I'm fond of Grey Suit Black Widow because her green skill is pretty good at level 1 and if you max it to lv5 it hits all enemies.

Hell, I'll just quote myself:

Helical Nightmares posted:

Managed to get Black Widow (Grey Suit) when I dropped a dollar on this. At level four she does 11 damage per blue, 12 damage per purple and 10 damage per black tile which is a great complement to Iron Man (yellow, red and blue tiles).

Edit: I'm starting to regret leveling up Modern Black Widow's Aggressive Recon to level 4. It requires so much purple ap it rarely comes into play. I might decide to start another one and bring it to 2 Aggressive Recon/5 Widow's Sting so she does nothing but steal ap in between stunning the opponent's entire party.

VVVVVV
Good advice. Thanks.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 30, 2013

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Much to my surprise I managed to beat the Red Iso repeatable Battle in Brazil mission. That's the 120 Commander/97 Ragnarok/85 Moonstone group.

Did it with a 38 Captain America (3/4/5), 51 Thor (3/4/3), and 52 Classic Storm (5/3/3). Threw in the +20% vs Hammer/+10% Match/3 Blue stockpile boosts.

Went for the Commander first, then Moonstone and Ragnarok. Most of it was using Cap as a meat shield and keeping Storm protected unless I could match blue AP to charge up Storm's stun. Apart from that I matched Red tiles to play keep away from Ragnarok's red ability (and to a lesser extent, Moonstone's).

Once Storm was down to 200 hp with Ragnarok at 3000+. Fortunately I managed to move Thor to the front by matching a black trio and have his remaining 2K hp soak up the damage so Storm could shoot a stun the turn after. Had Storm bit the dust at that point, the match would have been lost.

No major cascades came into play on either side.

Character Chat:

My Hawkeye modern is now 4/2/3 and that Avoid ability gives him a great deal more longevity than I had expected. I'm wondering now if I should bump Avoid up to lv 5 (Avoid requires less purple tiles to proc) at the expense of his hit-the-entire-enemy-team Red ability. His blue stun ability is a must for me.

Thoughts?

Pulls

Got a Ragnarok (red), Doctor Doom (black), Hood (black) and Grey Black Widow's fourth green cover from one star pulls this week.

:getin:

My two star pulls?

Six and seventh Bagman Switcharoo covers :negative:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 2, 2013

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
What is the Brotherhood?

What should we expect for Doombots?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Goddamn. Ran into this lv50 modern Storm/modern Black Widow team and I had to tap out after three tries. Every turn it was either Mistress of the Storm + that green lighting ability which triggered a cascade; or Widow stunned my Thor for 5 turns. :negative:

Take home message is, the starter Heroes are really good! Don't neglect them!

Ironically I'm targeting more teams with four star Wolverine because if you play keep away with red tiles he is easy to beat.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Anyone else noticing that you are getting a lot more points per environmental tile recently? Or is it that they reduced the cost on the ultimate ability of the environmental tile?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Those have been auto skip teams for me.

Which of course means I'm leveling up Modern Widow/Modern Storm for the same reason :getin:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Very belatedly joining the Fake Facebook Iso train.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.diep.5268

Need so much Iso.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

I think I'm going to start rolling with Classic Storm, Thor, and Daken. It will work even better if I can finally get a goddamn green Thor (for versatility). It might seem counter intuitive to use Daken, since he needs the yellows for healing and Thor needs them for crushing, but he's meant to just chill in the back and crap out strike gems.

I got a snapshot of myself at #1. It lasted all of about 10 seconds

This combination actually works very well. Get 5 purple covers for Daken and watch the strike tiles pile up.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Kravdraa posted:

Well, gently caress. I went out for two hours, and actually managed to go UP a rank, how does that work? Currently sitting at 21, would really rather have the two Thors than the Widow. If that doesn't change soon, might have to lose on purpose.

Dude, post your team!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

seravid posted:

I just did this and got X-Force Wolverine. Glad I bought a new bench for another superstar to sit in forever :suicide:

Just bought my 23rd storage slot

:smuggo:

Feels good man.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
My Thor just did 1600 damage with a two green tile crit.

:catstare:

I may have to rethink my Thor lineup...

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Up next: 3 star tournament. :stare:

I found a new favorite combo.

Iron Man 40's Recharge for up to 9 red AP. Ragnarok's Thunderclap for 6 red AP for damage and to change 5 tiles to green. Grey Suit Black Widow's Deceptive Tactics for more green tiles. If that doesn't cause a cascade or generate crits and extra turns, Level 4 Sniper Rifle at 18 green AP for a finisher.

Oh and my Grey Widow is lv 50. :getin:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

BGrifter posted:

What sort of defensive setups were you guys with 800+ points running? Any time I got even close to 800 points I'd take a beatdown like above where I'd lose 100-150 points. I probably lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 700-800 points in the last day alone.

My team was the pretty standard 85 Thor/85 Classic Storm/Suicide Widow.

This may not be the most useful answer to your question but here was my experience:

My bracket's top 1 oscillated between 700 and 800 points from Friday on. Seemed like anything above 700 would be crabbed down quickly. I hovered stably around 650, but I attribute that to having a lv 49 Grey Widow along with the typical maxed Thor/Classic Storm core. I figure most were like me and saw the leveled Widow then just hit skip.

Personally if I came across someone with a 30+ Modern Storm I automatically skipped it because on average I would take more damage than the match was worth from obnoxious Hailstorm spams.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Welp, stayed in the 50-100 as planned.

Dumped all that Jugg Iso into IM 40 to prep for the Avenger bracket.

Pulled a Heroic pack like a fool because I had decent luck from it this week.

Heroic pulls:

-Modern Hawkeye (Red); Useful. Hawk is now 4/3/3

-Classic Magneto (Red); Didn't have one

-Modern Hawkeye (Purple); That's 150 HP sent to the Iso woodchipper. :(

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 23, 2013

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright, what's the best build for Bagman?

Ok ok, stop laughing. Seriously.

Currently I have a 5/2/4 Bagman and I am thinking of taking him to 5/2/5 to keep Web-Slinger at 11 blue AP (makes 2 web tiles) and maximize his PVE countdown tile fuckery (Lv 5 Snarky Remark, Increase time on 2 Countdown tiles by 1 for every web tile).

--

I was lucky (unlucky?) enough to get 3 IW covers from the Hunt and currently I have a 1/0/2 Invisible Woman chilling at lv 31. What is the goon hivemind consensus for the "best" Invisible Woman build?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Comic question: Punisher is a hero despite the fact his cover is Dark Reign right? Does the Punisher have a team?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Evil Vin posted:

I'm trying to figure out who to clean out.

I'm thinking get rid of Loki and drop Hulk in his place. And maybe swap Original Widow for Grey Widow.

Don't do this. Keep Original Widow.

I'd drop Loki and Iron Man 40. You only have one IM40 and D3 loves to give lots of his covers out.

I'd say 50/50 between Grey Widow Green and Three Star Magneto blue at this point.

Three Star Tourney Commentary

Faced a near max level team of Ragnarok, Classic Spider-Man and The Hood. It was very effective at stunlocking me to death. The Hood's 'Dormammu's Aid' helped keep his team flush with AP and Intimidation was firing off every other round.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 23, 2013

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

What do you think the cutoff is for 'gently caress attacking this team'? I've got a team of Level 40 IM40, Level 40 Ragnarok and Level 30 Spiderman. I have not been attacked or counterattacked a single time this entire 3 Star Tournament.

I have no idea. I'm attacking teams with a makeup like yours regularly.

I'm running a lv 71 Grey Widow (5/3/5); lv 103 IM 40 (5/4/1); lv 41 Doom (3/1) for reference.

Edit: This combo is actually fun to run.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 23, 2013

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Outstanding. Two hulk covers!

Finally managed to beat the final battle with 45minutes to spare. Since I don't have a blue Spider-Man cover to my name, I finally figured out that Captain and Wolverine were the goto team. What I did not expect was that Cap's yellow defence tile power was key to victory. Along with the blue shield stun lock of course.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Finally!! My first and only Spider-Man blue cover.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So Ares is the Greek god of War and Violence.

What is his story in the Marvel universe?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I haven't received any log in freebies for the past week. Is this normal?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I have completed a mission each day. No freebies for a week.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Haven't had a reward since at least the beginning of The Hunt.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:

Still haven't received my Highly Trained tokens. This is even after an email on Friday and their assurances they would reissue it that day.

I don't know. My account was also the weird one where I wasn't receiving daily rewards for about three weeks (they did fix this pretty quickly after I brought it to their attention but of course, no retroactive rewards).

Pro job guys.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Played against two star Wolvy/OBW/Bullseye.

I was surprised how well it synergized and wrecked my poo poo.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Has anyone else not received their tournament rewards after an hour?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Finished in the top 2 for this Torch event. 4 star Wolfy is 1/1/2 now.

Welp, that was my luck for the month.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Applied to GoonStyle as Virulent

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hmm. Is there a goon named 'TheFinn' playing?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Wow. This last hour of Hotshot I've run into a massive streak of poo poo enemy cascades. At the end of the match, I had spent all 5 heals and the following were dead: IM40, OBO, Thor, Storm Classic, 2* Wolfy, Dr. Doom, Hulk.

Only maxed Moonstone +Daken pulled me through the last two rounds.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I've found her very useful when paired with Daken. She is also a decent tank.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Goddamn this Black Widow round is crazy. Let her build up too many greens and you are toast, taking all those healing tokens with her.

I'm finding my maxed Bullseye to be very useful this event.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ChibiSoma posted:

...On the other it's Invisible Woman with her Blue attack.

Arguably IW's blue cover is the most useful of the 4* covers currently available (sans Nick Fury of course).

Veryslightlymad posted:

IM40 seems trashy. Maybe the worst of the 3 star characters.

IM40 is an AP battery. I use him to charge up Thor or Wolverine's red abilities. IM40 is useful late game with his red or blue blast when your main damage dealer has been taken out.

Got my 5/5/1 IM40 up to lv 117 (max) today. :toot:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Do you get to choose the tile that blue Falcon replaces?