Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Kharmakazy posted:

Dude, I have a level 49 red hood, and the card only goes to 40. There are zero safeguards against anything. The only saving grace is that a level 100 storm has the stats of a level 1 storm.

That... that's pathetic. What kind of incompetents are running this thing?

"Hey guys, lets just store everything client side and not sanity check anything uploaded to the servers. It's not like it's 2013 and people learned not to do this 15 years ago!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Man, I'm sitting here watching my NHB bracket. Nobody's fighting me personally (and I'm not fighting them) but over the last 4 hours I've gone from 13th to 6th and back to 11th. Looks like there's a lot of people trying to tweak their score.

E: and the moment I say that someone swoops in and blows me down 27 points. You here Shuts? You watching, couldn't resist the irony?

I'm noticing the same thing, been as high as 8 and as low as 15. People are popping up to 400 for the HP and then trying to tank to get the three Original Black Widow covers at 11-25 I think. Or, anyway, that's what I am trying to do. Sitting at 9 now with 25 minutes to go. I kind of don't want to be in 6-10, I'll see where I am at in 15 minutes, if a couple of people decide to push for spots 2-4 I should be OK.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Does anyone know how the bracket generation works?

I did my first NHB fight this morning with 1 d 13 hours left in the event. I killed one team got 30 points and ended up in 1st place. The event had been going on for 11 hours at this point...

Did I just randomly end up in a brand new bracket?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Largepotato posted:

Currently 574th in Canada and none of the missions give any points. :iiam:

e: 1st has almost 3 times as many points.

It's a great design for an event eh? Random chance dictates how you will finish. As long as you keep rolling badly and get *20* iso rewards you can keep earning points. Get a bad set of rolls and get all 4 rewards right in a row? Whoops! Enjoy that consolation prize.

e: VVVV I think there are two types of missions, "one and done" and then limited repeats. The missions that unlock another area seem to be you complete it once, get one of the four rewards and then it locks. The other ones seem to be repeatable until you run out of prizes to be awarded but then they lock.

On top of all that is a changing number of shields you can earn. Checking back at different times to the same mission without running it has had the shield rewards vary wildly. The only thing that seems constant there is every time you run the mission the reward value decreases, if it's low and you run it it will drop to nothing. I've also worked one down to 6 and then gone away and come back to have it be 35. Also it will drop mid-mission as well making me think it's dependent on other players behaviors.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 23, 2013

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I just started two weeks ago but I burn boosts like they are going out of style. As I am getting higher leveled characters though my need to use them is decreasing on all but the toughest missions so I will probably start reducing my addiction to them.

And by higher level characters I mean 2* Wolverine. Holy crap what a beast. Now that hes 50+ and 5/3/4 specced I'm punching way out of my class. Fights now are mostly just a matter of getting strike tiles down as fast as possible. He tanks and is often full health at the end of a fight, he generates 90% of the damage my team does and he can OHKO or severely weaken even the toughest opponents with his red once charged up (and I've dropped a bunch of strike tiles).

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I think I already sucked all the prologue missions dry of HP. I have 16 slots opened?

Anyway, went to bed 11th in NHB with, woke up outside the top 125. If I lived in a PST time zone finishing top 10 would have been no problem, but I'm penalized for living on the east coast and not being a college student?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Worked my way up to #14 and bought a 50hp shield since I stand to win 100hp (and two spidey covers). After I bought the shield though I realized that 16 more points would have gotten me to #11, with 20 minutes left in the tourney I'm a little worried about being knocked into >15.

Of course moments after I bought the shield I got a notice saying it had saved my 17 points. So, maybe it's good enough where it is?

The shield mechanic did let me claw my way up into the 600s though so, I got some rewards I probably never would have under the old scheme. The top of my leaderboard looks like a dog fight with the 2, 3 and 4 positions all trying to move up (or at least not shielded) and everyone else through #17 shielded.

e: and with 6 minutes left #17 has moved to 16 looks like he's make a play for top 15.

e2: at 3 min left he's at 15 and 4 points behind me. But spots 16,17 and 18 are all shielded so I think I am safe from someone else driving up and pushing me out. Jesse at 16 is probably pissed though.

e3: If you started a match at <1 min remaining would you get those points even though the match would finish after the end of the tourney? Seems like a way to move up a few spots at the last second without much risk. Get to a good spot just below a tight grouping with juicy target on your queue, shield up, wait for the end of the match and then bounce up.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've been dumping my ISO on my Wolverine (5/3/3) and holy poo poo is it fun. Starting a game with 2 Feral Claws then just going from there just tears through opponents. What pairs up well with him? Right now I use Thor as my 2nd for the Hulk tourney but I'm trying to sort out what other heroes have good synergy with him.

I've been using OBW though I think the preferred widow for Wolvie is grey widow. He puts down strike tiles and she double hits on every match. A little creative cascade planning and he'll take the hits and she does the big whammy. If things get a little out of hand she can heal and steal AP for more strike tiles.

Since early round attacks are usually well below Wolverines healing threshold I will usually hold off spamming feral claws until I've mopped up all the easy red matches on the board. This often means I'm dropping 3 per feral claws and makes it harder for the AI to match away my strike tiles. You get 6 or 9 or them down and matches don't take very long with OBW double hitting.