Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

epitasis posted:

Believe it or not I just rolled another 150 and got a second skill for him. :aaa: Either I'm astoundingly lucky today or he's not that rare for a legendary drop.

Still doesn't solve my problem of not having a third Avenger for the pvp event though, haha.

Meh you don't need 3 character, my level 24 iron man is capable of destroying people by himself. Course I'm only trying to get up to the Thor comic cover reward and calling it quits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

How everyone doing its the normal story campaign? I'm having a tough time with the oscorp mission. Yelena with 2 spies battles is my roadblock so far.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

epitasis posted:

It will give you a skill point for him, I dunno if it will be the same skill you already have or not.

This is assuming there's only one Thor costume at the moment, which I think is the case.

There are 2 Thors right now. A 2 star, which is the one we will likely get. And a 3 star which is IAP only so far.

Edit: Thor and venom can also be unlocked in the oscorp chapter. But you need to beat that yelena fight with the 2 spies to unlock those fights.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

bubbapook posted:

I've only seen Thor and Ragnarok so far, and I can't imagine they'd give out the latter.

Just battling through the oscorp chapter, and I have to say Classic Storm is definitely my most useful character, even though iron man tends to do the heavy lifting. Her blue stun once levelled up is absurdly good since the ~300 dmg hits all enemies along with the 2 turn stun, and the green lightning bolt has a nice tendency to smash enemy tiles. Any time I have to face pyros without her it gets messy...

Also for those of you who rolled 4-star wolverine early on, he's a massive help through early stages due to high green/red/yellow attacks and his hp is nice for tanking, but once iron man hits his 20s you will probably bench wolverine entirely for better utility characters like storm or black widow.

Also always sell Hawkeye.

Anyone played with any Black chars other than Venom btw? Seems to be by far the least common power colour.

Your right about ragnarok, I thought he was Thor. My mistake

Yes storm is awesome. My problem though is I leveled her so high that she puts herself out front too much and she is very fragile.

Yes always sell hawkeye, I don't know why they nerfed him, he was already really bad when his skill cost 14 red or 11 whatever the other color skill was.

And I got lucky with IAP and got 3 purple darken. Darken is purely purple and dark. But he is bit of an odd duck, he has no active skills. His purple skill make a damage+ tile any time green tiles get matched. It add about 5 damage a tile, and only get stronger as he level. And it makes 2 tiles if you can get the skill to level 20. His dark is pretty meh. He heals if there are more than 7 yellow tile or otherwise he takes damage.

Loki is the only other purple dark character currently. And he just suffered a massive nerf, so he is useless right now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

The grey wolverine is a loving monster. His damage easily outpaces iron man, and he clears 3 rows with it at the same time.

You mean that 4 star one? Yeah he is far superior but he cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars to max level.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have found that people attacking and lower your score is an opportunity in disguise. They take -5 score, but beating them earns you 35 points. That was the only way I finally got to 425 score.

Remember that you get 3 attempts to beat your opponent. And they keep the damage you have dealt. Also people with a Thor without the yellow ability are easier pickings. The computer always uses thor's ability rather than iron man. So you take 150-200 damage instead of 350+. One last trick is the computer loves the environmental tiles. They will happily waste 6 turns to heal 50 hp, so set up those tiles if you can.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I usually take out Black Widow first. She's fragile and she's got AP stealing and stun moves, both can be very annoying or even crippling.

Generally my take down pattern is

Any Black widow -> modern hawkeye with stun -> Thor with yellow ability -> iron man -> Thor without yellow ability -> any hawkeye without stun -> bag man

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Slo-Tek posted:

wait, you can target enemies specifically? I thought it was just whoever attacked last takes the hit?

That is for your characters. You can click on the enemy you want to attack.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I did a ton of training on Verses and the fake-Black Widow missions are "Trivial" to me but still absolutely destroy me. Kinda bums me out that your dudes take longer to heal the higher the level they are. My wife is spending time at her dad's, so I have nothing to do. I've been playing this game non-stop this weekend, so the frequent downtime is annoying. It's like I have to find chores to do or something.

Somehow I got 3 Thor with the exact same red power. Wish I could get something new. Right now he's just a big meat shield since his red power is way weaker than Iron Man's for the same cost.
Yeah yelena missions are hard as hell. It isn't her though, her teammates are always the tough ones. I finally beat her in the oscorp mission.

Course the next yelena mission drops Thor red and yellow....

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Is there any possible reason why I would want to hang onto the Bombastic Bag-Man?

I think he might get good with levels. His web making targets enemy strike and protect tiles at skill level 5. Im not sure if that will make up for his lack of offense, but I'm holding on to him to see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha yes! I got the free thor reward and finally beat the yelena mission with thor drops and get one. My thor can now be level 11 :getin:.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

You can get thor red, yellow, and green from the oscorp mission! :ducksiren:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So I realized this a bit late, but don't use comic cover immediately if you can help it. Skill levels can be improved by iso, and they cost more the higher the skill is.

Skill 1 to skill 2 cost 250 iso
Skill 2 to skill 3 cost 500 iso
skill 3 to skill 4 cost 750 iso
repeat the pattern, maybe forever?

So when you first get storm classic, don't raise her skill with comic books until you at least have her skill to at level 3 if not 4. If you do this you get an extra 6 storm comic for 2250 iso (9 for 4500), which is a steal.

My storm is level 10 almost exclusively from comic books from the venom and juggernaut stage. But I had I done this trick about she could have been level 16 and destroying the oscorp chapter.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Apocron posted:

Ugh, I just played the 150 coin game and got another Thor red cover.

Thor is kinda my favorite thing to get. sure he isn't super great, but he is at least common enough that I can dream of leveling him to the mid 20s.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

:suicide:

Why didn't I think of that before I wasted all those loving covers?

Aw crap getting a skill to level 6 cost hero points not iso.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha yes I unlocked the last mission! The last two fights you have a High level wolverine and black widow guest vs darken and yelena. So I put storm in there and she didn't even get hit once.

I haven't beat any battles yet but so far I'm see

2 battles with random mooks. Both rewards are 1 Thor red and 3 venoms.

1 battle level 40 daken level 31 venom (:suicide:). Rewards are 1 daken 50 hero points 2 juggernauts.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Rolled along with Thor / Storm Classic / Iron Man and got my Green Thor at 500 points. Then I looked up and said "Whoa, I'm at #77."

(Won't last. I'm reasonably easy pickings once the big kids hit the playground. Man I wish I had a Storm Classic cover with the Passive.)

Why don't you? it is a pretty easy mission to grind for it. Venom level 17 is a push over.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

JHVH-1 posted:

I keep getting covers that I use to boost skills but now I don't have any iso left to raise the levels. Like I have Hawkeye for example at level 13, but if I had tons of iso I could get it up to 17.

Yeah it can be hard to get iso sometimes. PVP is the quickest way to farm more. Also hawkeye might just be the worst character in the game, you wasted a lot of iso on him.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

The counterattack is really only useful when the other guy is better than you. I like the stun, but I swear blue seems to be the least common color to me.

Um no.... Pyros and grenaders deal massive damage. Iron man and Thor will also set off the counter attack unless your fighting a newbie team.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha yeah Hawkeye is just god awful.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

If you've got all the rewards in a mission, it's still guaranteed to be 20 forever, right?

It appears so yes. Which sucks because some quest rewards are changed to really nice stuff. Daken on the juggernaut missions gives 2 iron man blue and 2 Thor covers now.

Also my Thor's max level is 52 now :stare:

Edit: now his max level is 61 :stare: and the new max is level 85

They nerfed the hell out of the oscorp rewards. The Thor reward missions give standard token instead.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 23, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

I would do fairly nasty things for a Spidey with all three powers.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting one from the Avengers tourney since Yellow Spidey is 1000 points, Blue Spidey is 1400, and only the top four overall have gotten to 1000. The diminishing returns curve for PvP makes that impractical.

EDIT: Oh hey! With the new update you can link your (fake) Facebook accounts to your game and then at least attempt to gift certain rewards to Facebook friends. Mine is izzy.klein.7 if anyone wants free poo poo. Just sent Iron Man Ultra Freon to three people who probably don't even have the app.

I'm already friends with your fake account. Like an idiot I used my real one. Stephen.richmond.5249

Edit: oh sweet you did send it to me.

Edit2: aw man I can't get yolena's purple comic book, because I had previously got that reward when it was venom :sigh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 24, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

My Venom's Devour is now outdamaging Iron Man's Repulsor. :stare:

Holy poo poo my Hawkeye modern is a monster in the tournament. He just did a 800hp electric arrow stun.

Yeah this update seems like a semi-nerf to iron man. He main strength was not being terrible and having tons of comic books. Now I have almost as much Thor comic books as I do iron man. I'm have been phasing out my ironman for daken.

Getting a 6 strength tile each green match adds up fast.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit: ^^^^^if you spend all your free premium currency on the 200 with only Thor and wolverine it might be a good trade off.

Wow storm classic green ability destroy at least 18 tiles while gaining the ap of said tiles at level 5. With some decent luck you could chain 2 of her green attacks in a row plus other abilities. :getin:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MeramJert posted:

I was wrong here, it's actually level 5 where you get 2 strike tiles. I think level 4 was probably just a damage increase or something. But anyway, I have it leveled up to 5 now and it's sick. Every time anyone makes a green match, I get 2 strike tiles that are each +14 damage, and I think I've only raised his character level twice. After a couple green matches with a decent team, every turn I'm hitting for 100+ damage basically no matter what I match.

Wow :allears:

Is there a purple darken in the last mission? I can only get my Darien's strike tile ability to level 4 from the drop rewards in the oscorp mission.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Created a new facebook account for this, add me for sweet, sweet ISO. Name is Fatsamurai Fatsam.

I'm really liking the changes in the patch in a quick run I had yesterday. Seems the game is going in the right direction.

I really should have made a new Facebook. You can't select a friend to give the reward too, they give you a list of 3 random people and that is it :sigh:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Hey, my new fake facebook is here. I just got Iron Man Blue but couldn't send it to anyone because I don't have friends.

Shwqa, it wouldn't let me add you.

I added you. Im sure why Facebook would block your friend request though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If you move your clock forward, you do have move it back for new events and use premium currency to heal yourself. I had to :negative:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha yes! I killed the level 90 pyros without taking any damage. Level 31 Thor you beautiful bastard. It was only after the fight I realized that it is purely a rank fight. It only gives 4 iso and you can repeat it forever. It is meant for whales trying to get a high rank.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gallow posted:

I was one drat point shy of 800 and now everyone has at least two 2000 hp characters and keeps crushing me. My Iron man and Thor are just shy of 2000 hp and my Widow is at 1200. I'm just not getting the insane breaks my opponents keep getting. I'm done with this tournament.

Remember to use your boost. You can only have 10 of a single boost, so you gotta use them somewhere.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420923708"]
Jumped on the fake FB bandwagon, thought I would start a google doc to keep track of everyone. Feel free to add/remove your info. Marvel PQ Facebook Friends list

Awesome! Also you guys are awesome. I woke with an extra 700 iso and 2 standard tokens. I got another yelena and modern storm,

I have been trying to compare wolverine to daken lately. Daken has much better colors (black and purple) but wolverine blows him out of the water. Both at level 13 daken makes 7 strength tiles for every green match. Wolverine makes 17 strength tile for minimum 3 green ap but makes an extra 17 strength tile every 5 red ap you have.

It is really easy for my wolverine and Thor to combo together and being 130 on normal tile matches.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

I feel like I'm still getting started with this game - I'm just now starting to get covers other than iron man and storm classic. I have Thor, hawkeye modern, venom, capt america and magneto. How easy is it going to be to get new skills/levels for them? Are covers available in the oscorp/dark avengers storylines? (I haven't unlocked them yet). Should I just play the events and hope for hero coins? Pre patch the path to leveling/getting skills was clearer because covers dropped everywhere. Now I barely see any. Any suggestions?

Thor and Venom will be easier to level up. I haven't seen any other covers, other than the iso mission.

There are covers in the dark avengers missions. Wolverine every color if you can beat daken, yolena, and venom at the same time. I haven't unlock the last mission on the Maggie side yet.

Oscorp has yolena both colors, venom both colors, and daken.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I played the arena until I got the heroic token..... Bag man :negative:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Edit:^^^^ you always get 13 skills points.

Kravdraa posted:

Wow, sometimes the AI just decides that you're going to lose. Just got utterly wrecked by a team that I had reasonably out-levelled, mostly due to an enormous cascading clusterfuck that involved at least 3 extra move-criticals and dealt 1700 damage to my Iron Man. Reminds me of the original Puzzle Quest when stuff like that happens.

I still say "drat cheating spider!" In my head, when the ai get those bullshit cascade.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Bullseye is diabolical. Hey, his power activates when you match purple tiles. It creates a purple protect tile. I'll just match it to get rid of... OH FUUUUUCK.

But it does have max of 3 tiles. Maybe that goes up with levels though....

Also I have been enjoy wolverine over daken a lot lately. I got my green cost down to 4 ap. normally I charged up both Thor's red and wolverine's green and bam 70 damage from wolverine, then 600 damage+ any yellow tiles. Then I do it again... Bam 100 damage from wolverine and 650 damage from Thor+ and yellow. Then I finish it off with a 1200 damage Thor yellow. If anyone is alive I normally have enough ap for another wolverine.

Best part is wolverine just sit in his corner healing himself. I haven't healed him once, but he never attack but almost always heals 60 hp a turn.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 27, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

Does Bullseye synergise well with Iron Man's Armored Assault?

Yeah they do well together. Match 3x3 purple and 3x3 yellow and you likely looking and -50 to -70 damage on everything.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Always level Iron Man, always spend coins on storage space. :v:

Yeah I'm super excited for the red ISO event to end. That 500 gold will get me at least 3 cover slots.

But I gave up leveling iron man. Thor (and wolverine) all the way.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 28, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well this dark avenger event is going to be tough. I only got level 13 daken, 11 yelena, and 3 venom. However the heroic token got my last Thor cover I needed. 5 red, 5 yellow, 3 green :getin:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

For the record: I have absolutely no idea how to even think about beating Ragnarok in story mode. Best I've got is to start with six blue AP through boosts, hope for a blue match on turn 1, Widow's Sting for five turns and pray that I can keep getting nine blue APs each time before it wears off. 2 red AP for the hammer is insane, and Godlike Power is a cascade factory that nearly guarantees using skills every turn thereafter.

I might need to build up a secondary Venom because upgrading Snare to level 5 may have been a mistake. Yes, it freezes a whole team but it also costs 7 instead of 4.

There isn't even a good reward for beating him. I'm just ignoring him for now, because why waste the time? I got missions with 3 more useful rewards (that will never drop).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Well, I have nothing better to do. I've collected all the other PvE rewards, and L14 Venom + L8 Bullseye + L6 Moonstone isn't going anywhere in the Dark Avengers tournament.

Plus I need the 50 Hero Points to open one more slot up so I can clear my cache again. I don't really have a use for Grey Suit Black Widow Purple but I can sell her at least.

Aw I see that would make sense. You could always claw your way up the red iso ranks :v: I only need 20 more battles till captain America yellow..