Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Stickman posted:

I'm now convinced that the top progression rewards are just Demiurge trolls. Five to ten thousand points gets you X-force Wolverines in the Unstable ISO-8 event. with roughly 100-150 points every two days, there are about 600-900 points in the event, without grinding the 2-4 point fights. Grinding 4000 points at an average of 3 pts per fight would take ~70 hours of straight play, assuming 5 minute fights (and never losing)...

Check out the PvP rewards. They lower x-force wolverine to 1400 points down from 2000+ but I have never seen a score higher than maybe 1050. They are bring him as close to the max possible points, but keeping the prize out of reach.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It feels good to finally start having a decent team (forget yelena and her retarded 19 purple ap skill)

Edit: wolverine is such a low level because I normally save level up for healing and he heals himself.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

I still can't figure out how everyone is leveling their guys, are you just dumping massive amounts of money pulling cards and then using hero points to level the skills?

I did spend $10 on the game as a support of the work. That did get me 4 Thor covers but that was back when you needed 50. I managed to get every Thor cover before the balance so he became a 3/3/2 afterwards. Then I got every Thor after the balance. The rest was rewards and tokens.

Hero points are best spent on room for more heroes. That way you can just randomly collect heroes until you get A lucky streak and get a few of their covers rapidly. Which is what happened with my wolverine there.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Anyone else cringe when you get a spectacular cascade against an unconscious enemy? :ohdear:

"THOR! THOR STOP HITTING HIM! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"

It gets really bad with my wolverine combo. The +100-200 just makes it worse. Thor hits for 1100 damage then 200 then 300 then 200 again. Thor stop he only had 86 health left to begin with.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

I am attached to Daken cuz he's like Baby Wolverine in the story.

Also, when did Wolverine have a son? I never knew this guy existed before this game. Also, what's up with Bagmen?

According to the game description, its Spider-Man after he lost his suit and the fantastic 4 picked him up. He is wearing Richard's suit and put a bag on his head to keep up his secret identity. I don't know how the bag stays on or how he using his spider silk cartridges, but the hero sucks so I sell him.

And I think Daken is nothing more than a comic book nerd saying " What if there was someone that had all of wolverines powers but was evil". Same with all he dark avengers really, that kinda why this story is pretty terrible so far.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 29, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emsee posted:

So, does the Facebook sharing gifts thing scale based on how many friends you have? I've added myself to the list and added a bunch of people, then I got a reward for myself +25 friends. It was only a hawkeye cover, but still I've only had it show up with +2/3 before.

Also, it turns out I'm terrible at match three games, but it's still kind of addictive. Are there any characters that are just straight up bad that I should always sell to make space? Tempted to collect them all, doubt I'd ever have enough space though.

Bagman seems pretty terrible. Not sure if I'm missing good synergy with certain teams or anything like that.

I have only gotten the share 25 on hawkeye covers. I think it just because he is so useless.

No I think bagman is just awful, but he is likely going to get a 200% boost next tournament.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Deep Winter posted:

So im in the venom and juggernaut campaigns. Hitting impossible missions against dark avenger black widow and other level 20 dudes. My main team is iron man, modern storm, and black widow, level 10ish with 2 or 3 in most skills. Suggestions? I want to get you the point where classic storm or thor will drop.

Maybe do the red ISO missions. They have really great rewards. A captain America or 3 might really help you out.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

A couple of new missions popped up in Unstable ISO today. I hope that keeps going, I need about 30 more points for Cap Red (my next to last before maxing him out) and while I know that that sweet Spider-Man Blue is out of reach, the Hero Points reward should be reasonably easy.

I Actually like the writing for these missions. Stupidly campy stuff like "dark avenger ho!". Also I got 2 captains America blues and a purple Spider-Man.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

McDragon posted:

Oh, I thought Model 40 would be a Darkvengers Iron Man. Everyone else gets one.

Nah they treat iron man like a god in this game. His poo poo will neve stink.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

Yeah, this game would be awful without the constant events and stuff. It feels like they're trying to follow the entirety of the PAD model.

Well this company also does the marvel Facebook game. It was always doing events. The problem was you always needed the newest hero to be able to get all the rewards. And you have to spend red ISO to do missions. The way to get red ISO was to have friends gift it to you or spend money.

They went too fast for me. If you didn't finish the mission in a week, then you didn't get the newest hero, so then you need to spend money in order to be the next week's mission.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Russad posted:

They're throwing in extra currency when you buy stuff in the cash shop, too. I've been pretty happy with this, might toss them some cash.

I would recommend buy more slots until you got at least 20 slots. Rolling for more heroes is tempting and I wasted my money on it. But if you don't have slot then you just end up selling heroes. I have be getting heroic tokens pretty regularly but I have unfortunately had to sell some 2 stars heroes because I don't got room.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got to the hood lightning round in the last 8 minutes. Beat up 2 newbies and got total rewards of 490 iso and a standard recruit token. I live with these lightning rounds.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

I, on the other hand, got what I wanted (Moonstone at 425 and Hero Points at 600) and am pecking away at remaining in the 51-100 bracket, since that's 50 more Hero Points. One two-point plink and 140/70 ISO at a time.

That was my exact plan for the dark avengers as well. I was pretty happy to get 100 hero point for a new slot.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

I really would have liked to get to 800 to get another point in Daken's passive, but whatever. I got hero points, that's always a plus.

Me too, I got a 4 purple skill daken. I just need 1 more to double his usefulness :sigh:

And I would like some yelena black skill. I have gotten 8 of her purple and only 1 black.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 2, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Deep Winter posted:

Can someone post the link to the website that has everyone's skill information? Went back a feq pages and even tried google but I couldn't find it

It on their forum in the tip section. The best to find the link to the forum in on their Facebook. When I'm not on my phone I'll proved a direct link.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Is venoms 5 purple ability bad?

Yes and no. It is the cheapest team wide stun. But it cost 7 ap cost to level 4 costing 4ap. That means it is almost half as slow to make webs. 8 webs and 12 black ap means you instant win. So slower your web rate is generally bad.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I like that at the end of chapter 1 is Osborn blaming bullseye for all his failures. You know the 1 dark avenger that has never had a line or defended a large shipment of red iso. :allears:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I've been getting the daily log in bonus every day since it started and there's a red Thor cover tomorrow, so you'll have one coming your way from that at least.

Just saw on their website there's a splash image with heroes and villains we've encountered already, save for one... Hulk. I don't know how he'd fit in a Brotherhood story arc, but its got me really hoping he's going to show up soon.

Well if he has half the strength as the other marvel game they made, then he will be broken as gently caress.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey a level 2 venom, level 11 hawkeye, level 70 classic storm for 44 points. That should be an easy win.... Oops accidentally attacked venom TEMPEST SLAP FIGHT!!

Edit: I'm only at 626 points and that puts me at rank 1100.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

Shwqa, I'm directly under you on the leaderboard for the red iso event.

Where you belong! hey that is kinda cool. I did the 8 red iso a few times just to push myself over the yellow American reward. I'm sure that is exactly what you did.

There is a where quirk with the ranking system. People who have the same score as me, but got to that point after me get to be a higher rank than me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm keeping my 2 iron man model 40 cover separate for right now. If it isn't easy to get more in the next events, then I'm selling both off for 50 total hero points. If I can get 2+ more covers in the next 2 weeks the I will combine them for a decent hero

Edit: also I'm pretty happy, with the venom and red iso event, I got enough hero points for 3 more slots today.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Does juggernaut's unstoppable clash scale with strike tiles? He might be a really good combo with daken. 6 green ap makes something like 40-50 extra damage. That multiplied by 16 is 640-800 damage not including whatever juggernaut does naturally. My level 50 Thor does 663 damage with 6 red ap. That is pretty comparable.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man a level 20 storm classic, level 30 Thor, level 38 juggernaut easy win right? 2980 damage head butt :stare:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I need 3 more blue and 2 more red for a max cover Captain America. The problem all my ISO is going towards thor (lvl63), then storm (37), then wolverine (31), then hopefully someone with purple/dark , and finally then the captain.

Speaking of Wolverine that dude is a power house. His red does slightly more damage than thor's yellow at cost of not making green tiles. His healing ability is great. At 5 yellow might do as much as 150-200 hp a turn at max level. But his green ability is his bread and butter. 3 ap to deal damage and make red strike tiles. At level 31 his tiles make 33 strength strike tiles and deals 106 damage.

I save up enough ap to deal 2 thor red abilities and 2-3 wolverine green abilites. Wolverine deals 106 damage and makes 3 tiles. Wolverine deals 205 damage and make 3 tiles. Thor deals 1000+ damage and then make yellow tiles at 200+ damage a match. Then Thor does it again but with more yellow matches. Then I normally have enough yellow ap for a 2000+ thor ability. I normally take out 2-3 guys for 12 red ap and 6 green ap. And I normally run +6 red ap and +3 green ap bonuses for battles.

Edit: Also I want to say thanks for the ISO this morning. I woke up with an extra 5,000 iso :stare:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 6, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

I wasn't realy paying attention when i was levelling my wolverine - he is 3/5/1. Should i start a new one and go for 5/3/5?

Its not too bad. 5/5/3 is still really good. You still get the heal quite often. And the red skill is really really good, it is just that thor's red ability is slightly more helpful.

And that is only because with 2 red matches and some bonuses thor and lay down 2 smack downs and get enough yellow ap to finish someone off.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Lightning Round! Let's see.

Doom / 85 Thor / 65 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 65 Storm [skip]

Doom / 65 Thor / 85 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 70 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 85 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 110 Spider-Man [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 81 Storm [skip]

Doom / 70 Ragnarok / 85 Storm [skip]

Yeah they really need to release some more stuff. Or make bag man good. He is the only other 2* that people have a ton of.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I got exactly 50th place on that lightning round. I would have like the 2 bagman heroic tokens, but now I only need 2 more blue captain america for him to be useful for me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I started this last one with an hour and 11 minutes remaining and pretty much babysat it the whole time and barely sneaked into 44th place for the sweet double hero tokens.

I'd blame this specific one on the fact that everyone is home from work/school and kicking back at this point of the night, and I think maybe only the Doom lightning rounds offer 2x hero tokens? I may be blind and misread it, but I could have sworn the rewards screen for the Loki rounds show the top 50 as only a single token.

Edit: Yup looks like a solitary heroic Loki token pull for your 50% Loki needs.

Yeah it was rough. And it seems doctor doom tournaments give better rewards.

Edit: I'm a little worried that all this pvp is power leveling me and then next chapter will be too easy or they will have to make it way to difficult :ohdear:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 7, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hey emron thanks for the 33 points on the juggernaut tournament :smug:

Edit: yes I got up to 800 points and got a blue captain America. Just 1 more blue to go! And hopefully I get the 26-50 reward for the last one. I managed to get in a slap fight with the first place player. He would take 6 points from me. I would take 44 from him :getin:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 7, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Since I managed to get 20 spaces I decided now would be a good time to get a black widow. 10 purples and 0 blues so far :rolldice:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I was total goon last night and went on a rampage on the juggernaut tournament at 3 am. Almost no one was awake so I could get to 800 points in peace.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Stickman posted:

I've been liking this game, but I think the high-level pvp is a lot less fun than low-level pvp. At high levels, the skills become so powerful that nearly every match is just a question of who gets their skills up first and then sweeps the other team. Since you're smarter than the AI, you can usually pull it off, but sometimes you'll get unlucky and then there's pretty much nothing you can do.

I'd also hate to be just starting the game now! It's pretty much designed around the rich getting richer...

That said, the core game is still fun and I'm looking forward to the next episode!

I use +3 yellow and red ap and +3 all ap every PvP match. That way I got the lead on ap and can destroy enemy team 4-5 times before having to heal.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh you guys buy my Thor like 4-5 levels a day :allears:

He is up to level 77 and I hope to max him in 2 days or so. Then I think I will focus on wolverine. Storm classic is nice but people just target her for PVP first. I think having high level Thor and wolverine tag team people while they desperately try to kill storm will be better than a high level storm dying a turn or 2 later.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man Thor just keeps getting better. At level 77 :

Hp:4680
Red 46
Yellow 41
Green 36

Red ability deals: 1050 damage
Yellow ability deals 2100 damage

I think raising one hero at a time is better than a balanced team. It takes about 3-4 levels to even get more damage on abilities. With 12 red ap and 6 yellow Thor can take out most teams.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 8, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man that was an intense round. Rank >100 people kept taking 30-40 points from me. And if I fought then again I would get a whooping 8. I would avoid low rank people next time.

Craaap I meant to finish in the 26-50 rank but I got rank 25 :negative:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

WetSpink posted:

Gosh, Reading that I almost want to go 5/4/4

I got my storm's classic green up to 5 and I love it. doubling the amount of tile broken leads to some great casacades and usually 1-2k damage from thor abilities.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Has that always been a black ironman?

I think that is new, but that is model 40 iron man. I got 2 covers of the sucka but I don't know if I want to keep him or sell him for that sweet sweet 50 hero points.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

He doesn't seem to be as good as Model 35 as far as I can tell, unless you pair him with Wolverine/Juggernaut or someone else with a good red special.

He might do well in a Thor wolverine team as 5/5/1. With +3 ap all and+ 3 red and yellow ap you can start the match with his recharge ability. 3 turns later you can have as much as 15 red ap. wolverine pops a rage or 2 for 3-6 strike tiles. Thor kills whatever with 2-3 hammerings. Then you might have enough yellow for some Thor lightning.

Edit: also my Thor is level 82 now, thanks for all the iso gang.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

gently caress.

They are just testing the waters to see how much whales will pay. Course cheating is a thing, that might throw off their numbers.

Edit: Thor is level 84! Come on goons I could really use another 1,700 iso.

Edit2: I tried to use iron man model 40's recharge ability. I only got 6 red ap from 18 yellow ap. I'm selling his useless rear end.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

So the usually is 600 coins for 5 bucks, right? So that's ~9 dollars for just one cover?

Yeah your basically spending $50 for a max level iron man model 40.

Edit: HAHAHAHA max level perfect Thor :getin:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 9, 2013