Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dizz posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to deal with the 'Who is this clown?' mission?

Also the game gives you a lovely hawkeye which means I either choose Storm or Black Widow because my Captain American and Wolverine are both level 6 and will most likely never get upgraded and the only good dude I have is a level 16 M35 Iron man.

Well your levels are pretty low so that is the main problem you get there. I would do the next mission for a while and some pvp until your team is little stronger.

Also all 3 wolverine covers are a drop in one of the last missions on the prologue, so you will be able to upgrade him in time. After spending your hero points into about 20-25 covers, it would be a bad idea to spend 2000 on maxing his green covers.

And when the red iso mission comes around it is really easy to grab 5-13 covers of the Captain (america).

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Florida was really fun to fight through! The only new mission I have is Stragglers. Is it worth it to do that, or am I basically done with the non-repeatables.

Edit: Looks like I am. Fun event :)

Good loot and an interesting ministory. Are the other events like this too?

Yep there have been a few events like this before. The sample size is too small to be sure, but it seems like they are bi weekly.

Anyways there is the captain America red iso event. That is easier than this event. And there have been 2 heroic modes, which are the prologue missions but harder and different rewards. They are slightly harder than this event.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

seravid posted:

Today, goon has killed goon.

Bad is bad :(

Haha I have only play 1 match so far. Sorry, you were the first not 70+ ragnarok I found.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

seravid posted:

That's odd, I thought for sure my L28 Ragnarok/L26 Venom/L14 Daken would scare everyone away.

Not compared to the 20ish level 112 ragnaroks I had to skip to find your team.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Nope, looking at the prices changed my mind again. $20 for 2.2 levels. :lol:

Haha yeah the IAP in this game is weird. There is no impulse buys. Either whale out or go home.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Zero Star posted:

So, in theory, would this mean I'd be able to download somebody's "every character at max level" savegame in the future? Not that I'm going to - half the fun of this game is going up against higher-level opponents.

In theory you can just jail break your iOS (or use an android app) and alter your memory for unlimited hp.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

So is my game bugged or did they nerf their buff? Hawkeye no longer crits for 11x with the 200% boost, just 4.5x, and is doing damage comparable with Thor (who is, granted, 25 levels higher and only boosted 80%). Also all the events are gold which looks really odd.

4.5x is his normal critical rate. They only show the buff stats during combat.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh gently caress yes doctor doom tournament. I just got mine to level 66 (max level for 5/1). Hopefully I can get some spidey love now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

triplexpac posted:

It's kinda like Puzzle & Dragons... there for one pull of the roulette it's something like $5. And that game is making huge money.

This game is more generous than PAD though, I haven't spent a dime on characters and I have more than I need.

My problem is rolling a ragnarok red isn't like rolling a SOD lucifer/Kirin in PAD. You still 9 more covers for your ragnarok before you are a destroyer of worlds.

But yeah this game is pretty generous. We have been getting a poo poo load of heroic tokens and iso during the hunt. With 3 tournament back to back giving out Spider-Man rewards.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

IAmUnaware posted:

If you have multiple heroes who have the same value for a tile type (for example, for environment tiles), what determines which hero shatters that type? Is it position in the party, or some other thing that's harder to affect (like the order you recruited them)?

It goes to the highest then to person in the first position in the team (center).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Yeah, I'm really new to the game, but because I got a lot of Venom drops and a couple of Moonstones and that one lucky Ragnarok, I've been beating up on lots of people toward the bottom end. I like that the game isn't only full of people who are all max level, and it's possible to actually build up guys. Every time I load the game up I feel like I'm making progress, which is good.

I actually like Classic Hawkeye, and think he'd be pretty viable as a level 40er if they'd just lower the cost of his aim ability.

It is based on how you rank previously and/or your total levels. I could only win 1 one match on bad is good because that team only had a level 70 ragnarok.

That is literally the problem with Hawkeye is his abilities cost a ton of ap. In 90% of situations iron man is more useful with red ap. And same with purple ap and black widow.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 14, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I'm at 720 points, would like to get up to 800 in the last hour for the token, but I'm all out of medkits and my last fight took guys pretty low. At least I should walk away from this with some Wolverines.

How would folks suggest building Wolverine anyway? Currently at 2g/3r/3y, 5 green is a no-brainer but more yellow doesn't seem that useful (unless you get starved on yellow tiles, 8 is pretty common) and a cheaper slash feels counterproductive too since he likes red AP in reserve.

Yellow always heal is amazing.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I probably won't get punisher, but I did get 2 grey widow green covers, black widow orginial black, hundred of hp, and tens of thousands of iso. Not bad.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Lots of people on the D3 forums have flames shooting out of their asses over the event end, and I can't blame them. Ending a ten-day PvE event with "whoever plays in the last half-hour wins" is more than a little goofy.

Naturally, there are those who are like "Well, _I_ got three covers, you just don't understand the game well enough. :smug:"

I love some of the arguments on that forum.

"Ragnarok is broken".

"Not at all you can totally beat him if your clever. On a side note I use him on literally every team" :smug:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I fought an IM40 earlier that surprised the hell out of me when he kept refusing to Recharge - turned out he'd skilled it all the way to black so it cost a fortune, either to stop the computer giving it priority over Thunderstrike or because he didn't get any blue covers.

I also found out that Original Widow's black skill text is written very literally. If any other character has a higher purple skill then her passive doesn't activate because she has to be the one matching them.

That is what I did. My IM40 is at 5/4/4 so his recharge cost 12 yellow ap. Seriously I'm never going to use IM40 for stuns.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I am at a point where I'm tanking every tournament just to hope to stop seeing 115 ragnarok and 100+ Spider-Mans every fights. Now I'm only seeing level 70 ragnarok and Spider-Mans every fight :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Oh man these lighting rounds are hilarious. So is the strategy to just treat this as end game fights and fight up the other tourneys instead?
They used to be much more bearable but then they gave buffed character, buffed hp as well. Fighting multiple 10k+ hp character is really only for people who have ragnarok at 5 red covers.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SaucyLoggins posted:

I enjoy the playing the game up until the enemy gets some bullshit cascade that wipes me or makes me not able to play for a few hours. It's for that reason alone that this is a game I'll only play while waiting around for PaD.

As you get more character slots and better character that happens much less often. It is kinda of a odd system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Not sure how strike tiles work exactly, but Storm's hailstorm does 500 damage a turn, which is hilarious.

They deal extra damage each time you do damage. So each match does extra damage and so do your skills.