Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I got a legendary XForce Wolverine from the 150 coin machine!

Of course the thing about trying to play with these rare heroes is you'll probably be one-slotted with skills forever and it'll take all your crystals to level it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I realize that, thanks though. I've now done this one fight 6 times and have gotten the 20 Iso "reward" 5 times in a row. It's still sitting at 1/4 Rewards. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't wreck Storm every time with his 250-damage move. I have to wait for her to come back now (I'm out of little + free heals for a while).

I wouldn't be surprised if they're weighted somehow, I don't know that it explicitly says there's an equal chance for every reward. Those hero points always seem to take the most attempts for me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Trainmonk posted:

It's worse than that, go look at what it takes to level his skills.

Nobody worry about getting a 4 star cover, if you're "lucky" enough to get one eventually it's just going to be taking up space because there's no way you're leveling that thing unless you drop serious cash. My 4 star wolverine is good but he needs 200 iap coin things for one skill level, or I could drop 150 for a miniscule chance at getting another of his covers.

Believe it or not I just rolled another 150 and got a second skill for him. :aaa: Either I'm astoundingly lucky today or he's not that rare for a legendary drop.

Still doesn't solve my problem of not having a third Avenger for the pvp event though, haha.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Trainmonk posted:

The way I understood it, the thor comic cover isn't from that, it's a separate thing in a couple days.

There's a Thor cover at 425 points and a Thor cover for finishing between 31-200.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Emron posted:

If I already have Thor from the slot machine, will the reward on the 13th give me a skill slot for him, or is it similar to modern/classic storm?

It will give you a skill point for him, I dunno if it will be the same skill you already have or not.

This is assuming there's only one Thor costume at the moment, which I think is the case.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Shwqa posted:

There are 2 Thors right now. A 2 star, which is the one we will likely get. And a 3 star which is IAP only so far.

Edit: Thor and venom can also be unlocked in the oscorp chapter. But you need to beat that yelena fight with the 2 spies to unlock those fights.

If you mean the 3-star Dark Avengers Thor ("Ragnarok"), the evil versions of the Avengers count as different heroes. If there's another 3-star version then, oh.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Soylentbits posted:

You guys sell covers? I just buy more capacity and never roll for covers I won't be able to level up.

I sell every 1-star except Ironman at this point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Being that there's like no penalty for killing someone on a second or third attempt I think it can really be advantageous to just retreat if Storm has stacked the board against you or if you're really trying to minimize damage taken.

In fact it probably makes some degree of sense to have a team of cannon fodder to throw at somebody's first hero and then retreat to bring in the rest 3 on 2.

edit: Yeah like 1 point per attempt. You'll earn more points keeping your guys healthy and killing another team.
vvv

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 13, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Right, but you can get the "premium" currency from missions and PVP events and also you probably don't really need to be carrying around a full deck of cards.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

The trick is having a level 30+ Iron Man :getin:

(Iron Man seriously needs nerfing or other people's damage skills need buffing because he is the cornerstone of every single team I see)

This is kind of like complaining that too many people use their starter pokemon against the Elite 4.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think that might be the rarest card in the game?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think that Wolverine is considerably better than Thor because even at a level disadvantage you can still use him to soak up damage and farm mana for people's nukes and your own heals.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The new low ISO requirements for raising level are great for training to heal.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pretty sure you'll get fewer net covers with the new rewards, not that I've checked them all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Oof, lost 75 points overnight. Luckily it's not too hard to hit above your level with those boosts you can buy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Whoa there's some new 10 day event with a world map and buffed Spider-man and Cap. New Ironman model as a reward.

It's a single-player mission and the first battle gave me Captain America and three health packs. :)

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

There's some new red resource for the new event that drops in the Avengers PVP too.