Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
For future reference, are the deals where it's 250 cp for a 4* cover, and boatload of red iso, and some high level support tokens worth getting? I'm still working on my 3* character, so I don't have anything to spend cp on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I had a feeling about that. I wouldn't have done it if supports were easier to get in general. Except of course now I read that the developers are going to be making changes to the game that do just that. Ah well, the ones I managed to get are pretty good.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Picking the game back up after moving; am I imagining this, or did they change the art for SW’s battle model?

Yeah, they've done it for a few characters. 2* and 3* Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan, too.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What round do the goon alliances usually reach in alliance events? The casual one I'm in is lucky to ever reach the first 4-star cover, so I'm wondering if it's worth changing since there's one coming up.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Sent a request to Roxxon Oil. Name in the game is Best Loser

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Are any of these new 5*s worth getting?

For some reason I pulled all 30 of my LL tokens and was wondering if I should keep going with my CP.

Not particularly. In this case at least, I'd save my CP for the occasional themed store that pulls from three five stars that you might actually be looking for covers from.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
If you always use taco tokens immediately you've got like a 5% chance in getting something good with each pull, whereas if you hoard them until you get 300 you're guaranteed to get what you want eventually. I intend to save mine for when Taskmaster is in the vault since his covers are so rare.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Another alliance event happening. Time for me to see if Polaris will be just as effective against Hydro-Man/Molten-Man as she is against any of the other bosses.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Yeah I have to stare at the screen for at least 15 seconds to do a single move, I can barely tell the difference between tiles now. Hopefully they change it back.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Freaking Crumbum posted:

how long has it been since they nerfed heroes to a significant extent? was OG bishop the last big meta nerf?

I think they nerfed Hammer Captain America at the same time too. But yeah, that was the last time.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
So you'd say Mantis is the best 4* counter to Polaris? I was thinking of putting my bonus shards for her or Morbius, but went with Morbius.

eta- Although I guess doing damage at the same time as you reduce the amount of damage they do, while good, isn't quite as effective as just preventing the enemy from doing damage entirely. lol

Andorra fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 11, 2021

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Maldraedior posted:

Sinister Six event starts today!

also, how does anyone beat this stupid Welcome to Shield mission where Riri has Mockingbird and a Doombot just feeding her all the AP on Earth?

I usually have to use Deadpool's whales for those last missions haha

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Its Apoc (the winner ) Kitty (really good still) and Dr Strage (wtf??)

Its a pretty good vault TBH and I'm blowing my 4500 CP to fully cover Apoc.

Edit:

Also there are boosted rates for some 4*s if you are into that sort of thing. I think its 8x rate for certain ones.

I think what's going on with Dr Strange being in the fan favorites is because when people who aren't at the 5* level vote in the surveys, they know that he's a good 3* and just choose him.

I only need two more covers for Kitty to fully cover, and I'm already over halfway with shards. I'm debating whether to use my CP on this solely for the apocalypse covers or to wait for a better trio in the future.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Any idea how much it would affect my match ups in PVP if I were were to level up only one (or two) 5* characters to something way higher than the rest of my 6 highest leveled characters, whom I use in things? Right now I'm comfortably in 4* Land, edging into the 5*s, and I already find the opponents with leveled up Wanda or Immortal Hulk too tough to beat. Or is not putting the levels into Kitty holding me back?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I wasn't particularly impressed with Odin, so I waited until he left before pulling for Shang-Chi, and I fully covered Gamora before pulling a second blue cover of his. But with my pulls and bonus shards I max covered Shang-Chi, Gamora, got Ultron to 1/5/3, and finished Kitty. I guess I'll mark Apocalypse as my favorite now.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

It feels like they saw the reactions to Big Wheel's power and said "ok, then we'll make someone even worse!" and made the new Doc Ock.

I don't know, I think his black power is at least pretty powerful against henchmen. Only two blue matches and you prevent them from ever making any countdown tiles. Get a tentacle tile on each color and every enemy tile is erased each turn, that sounds decent to me.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Finally what everyone has been asking for regarding 5-star Wasp -- a worse 3-star version to go along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Orvin posted:

I do like how this alliance event appears to be broken. All the boards have character titles like you would expect, but you can just put any old character in the middle spot. Makes it pretty simple to just zip through all the boards every 8 hours.

It makes up for the previous event, when the lvl 1 boss could one shot the limited number of selectable characters on the second turn.