Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Are the rewards from redoing a mission random or are there some hidden criteria I'm missing along the way? I still have missions in the Prologue where I'd like to mindlessly gather the 100 Iso8 rewards in my downtime at work, but I keep ending up with the 20 poo poo rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

There's a set number of rewards per missions, usually 4. You have a 1/4 chance of getting each reward. If you "roll" a reward you've already gotten, you just get the base 20 reward. If you want to farm the stuff play the "versus" mode.

Thanks. I figured it was something like that, but I've redone the same Venom fight 4 times now ("A Tasty Treat") and am still sitting on 1/4 rewards. I think I got one of the Storm covers, then (4) 20 Iso8's in a row. Didn't know if I was missing some piece of the equation like completion time or number of heroes alive or something.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

Is it just me, or do blue gems show up less often than the other colors?

I get that with red, but it's probably pretty subjective. Whatever you need you can never find.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

You can view the rewards in the lower-right of the screen that shows you the enemies - they cycle, and the one(s) you have are checked off. Saved me from wasting time on Modern Storm or Juggernaut.

I keep forgetting you can level abilities with ISO-8. That's very useful for the random draw characters. Also just got the blue skill for Iron Man off the event - now he's a monster.

Yeah I realize that, thanks though. I've now done this one fight 6 times and have gotten the 20 Iso "reward" 5 times in a row. It's still sitting at 1/4 Rewards. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't wreck Storm every time with his 250-damage move. I have to wait for her to come back now (I'm out of little + free heals for a while).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So.. Am I supposed to just dick around replaying missions until I can tackle the Black Widow imposter? Because loving christ almighty, that fight is impossible with my current build. I figured "Oh, a couple of random mooks, who gives a poo poo what level they are?" Nope. I went back to some Juggernaut levels I hadn't done, but even those are pretty hard.

I did have a revelation about the Verses fights- I didn't realize that if you failed, they kept their life count when you re-challenged, so you can possibly take on a much harder team by just repeatedly smashing your head into them. Super useful to know! Some fights are bigger pains than others. Any group with Daken is pretty tough with his heal, plus a high level Iron Man with that armor ability is a bitch.

Quick Verses question- is there any way to lock in what team your opponents face when they challenge you, or is it random?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah those fights are still kicking my rear end, and I have a level 27 Iron Man. Thankfully you dont need to clear those missions to unlock the next chapter, only the main villain storyline is needed.

Do Versus missions. You'll quickly rack up enough iso to level up your guys.

Hah, I have been, but I'm even running out of those that are do-able. One is 3 star Spider-man, 3 star Ragnarok, and 4 star Wolverine. Not even going to waste my time..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I did a ton of training on Verses and the fake-Black Widow missions are "Trivial" to me but still absolutely destroy me. Kinda bums me out that your dudes take longer to heal the higher the level they are. My wife is spending time at her dad's, so I have nothing to do. I've been playing this game non-stop this weekend, so the frequent downtime is annoying. It's like I have to find chores to do or something.

Somehow I got 3 Thor with the exact same red power. Wish I could get something new. Right now he's just a big meat shield since his red power is way weaker than Iron Man's for the same cost.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

How many covers are you guys running with? I have a full 10 I switch around when people are injured, but I just got the other Hawkeye and don't know what to do with him. I plan on hanging onto him, but don't know when I'll get an opportunity to use him. When are you guys selling covers?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

So, I installed this thing last week and managed to get to the top 1000 in the tournament with a 20-ish level Iron Man and got the two covers I wanted. However, going for the tournament has shown me that 2 and 3 star heroes are way better than my current team. My advice is to reroll the enemies you pick as much as needed, because there is some hard-working, good player with a 1-star team that has progressed enough in the tournament to give 15-20 points easily. Anyway:

Do I get better covers (as in 3-stars, I've seen 2-star Storm, but doesn't seem too impressive) as I progress with the storyline? Otherwise I'm just going to uninstall, because the PvP feels way too skewed towards paying customers.

Plus, anyone feels that having a 300 Elo prize is ridiculous when the highest-ranking player right now is 1199 Elo points?

2-star Storm is amazing, just FYI.

I got my free Thor cover just now. I'm hovering around 500 points on the Avengers bracket, but every time I look away I lose like 30 points. I can't keep my dudes healthy enough.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shwqa posted:

So I realized this a bit late, but don't use comic cover immediately if you can help it. Skill levels can be improved by iso, and they cost more the higher the skill is.

Skill 1 to skill 2 cost 250 iso
Skill 2 to skill 3 cost 500 iso
skill 3 to skill 4 cost 750 iso
repeat the pattern, maybe forever?

So when you first get storm classic, don't raise her skill with comic books until you at least have her skill to at level 3 if not 4. If you do this you get an extra 6 storm comic for 2250 iso (9 for 4500), which is a steal.

My storm is level 10 almost exclusively from comic books from the venom and juggernaut stage. But I had I done this trick about she could have been level 16 and destroying the oscorp chapter.

:suicide:

Why didn't I think of that before I wasted all those loving covers?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Spikey posted:

Is there any reason to keep more than one version of a character around, or can I sell Modern Storm once I get Classic Storm going?

I keep both, if one is benched I play the other on lower end things. Sometimes you just need a seat filler for easy fights, and she does have some decent abilities. I still like Hail Storm, even though late-game it isn't quite as effective.

Edit: Top 5000 and I get a loving Hawkeye cover? I was in the top 1000 before I went to bed! :bang:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragonshirt posted:

Is there a reason this game is kind of ugly? Like, why it has black bars on the sides on my iPad, and the sprites of the APs have jagged edges? Has this been a work in progress since Dark Reign was a thing?

I play it on a Nexus 7 and have no black bars or jagged edges.. It looks really nice actually.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragonshirt posted:

It's really odd. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 5 yet since from what I understand, there's no cloud saves? That also seems rather archaic at this point.

Do what now? I switch between my phone and tablet constantly! Of course- Android again.. I get a message that says that your account was logged in from a different device and it takes like 30 seconds to sync your progress. The whole thing seems really polished on Android. Can anyone else weigh in?

On to actual business- I feel like they may have tweaked points with the new tournament, anyone else seeing a difference? I just got my first message that my team WON a fight in the Thor tourney and it actually GAVE me points for a change. Maybe these are just things that happen at lower point brackets and I missed it before.

Also, Iron Man's Armored Assault is way too powerful IMO. When the computer spams it and you end up with 4 or so shield tiles in the far corners of the grid with zero matching options, you're pretty much hosed if you're down to low-damage support characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow. Maybe they should put a timer on them or something, like a 4-round countdown.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

bubbapook posted:

I managed to roll green by luck of the coin draw, it's just a shame that Thor doesn't quite work if you're missing the yellow skill inbetween :(

I've somehow managed to land 4 red Thor covers.. Neither of the others.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Someone give me a good reason not to sell Bag Man and Venom, because I don't really see myself ever using them..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm curious what team of mine it keeps sending to fights, because someone beat met that I fought back against who had the lvl 2 Thor, lvl 8 Black Widow, and a level 12 Modern Storm. My go-to Thor team is a 30's Iron Man, 6 Thor, 10 Classic Storm.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I'm getting sick of my team being pummeled while I'm at work. They need to curb that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

The only solution to that is to make your team too scary looking to bother with.

I've asked before, but how does it determine what team shows up for you?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

I'm assuming its the last team you went into a fight with at the time your opponent loads up your profile on the battle screen.

Yikes.. that could be the reason I keep getting trounced. Sometimes if I fail a fight on the last opponent, I just come back with the free Thor they give you, plus like Hawkeye and Black Widow just to polish off the last guy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just got a notification from Marvel PQ that was simply called 'collect' and had a cut-off message that said "Iron Man has made improvements to his Repu" (assuming it's something about his repulsor blast or whatever.. Anyone ever get these? I tapped it and it just opened the game.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Emron posted:

I got one. The same one. It was a red cover for iron man. I guess it's a playtime hook mechanic.

chrisf posted:

Yeah, it seems like if you don't play for 24 hours you'll get a random cover or hero points or something. I got an iron man cover first, then 100 hero points last night.

I didn't actually get anything though! I've seen messages similar to this before and never got anything, I figured it was a mistake before I asked. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I play on 2 different devices?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is getting loving stupid. I logged in after 2 hours and lost 147 points. It's going to take me forever to make that up. :bang:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

This is getting loving stupid. I logged in after 2 hours and lost 147 points. It's going to take me forever to make that up. :bang:

Self quoting here is but I built back up to 700 points from the low 600's, went to bed, now I'm under 500. This is bullshit. If my team isn't able to fight, I shouldn't be attackable.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wonder if that will fix most of the problems? I got to rank 6 barely trying, but who knows how it will work tomorrow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

seravid posted:

Got this game a few days ago and it's strangely addictive, to the point where I rather grab the tablet than play with KSP's new update. I do have a couple of questions:
1- this thing murders my N7 2013's battery, is it normal? It doesn't seem normal.
2- I grabbed one of those heroic lotteries for 150 coins and got a dude called The Hood. First of all, I could swear this guy was DC; second, he's never going past level 1, is he? It appears even a few real world bucks wouldn't do much good.

It murders batteries.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hood_(comics)

You're thinking of the Red Hood for DC.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm not even trying in this tournament and I'm 9th in my bracket with 2 hours left. My team just got beat to a pulp though in my last fight- only Iron Man survived with a mighty 56 health, so I may be done for the evening..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was rank 2, then suddenly I'm rank 9, now I've completely lost connection and can't get back in with 5 minutes left. Ugh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MeramJert posted:

I was at 498 points, so I did a fight worth 14 so I could get my sweet 100 hero coins or whatever. After I finished the fight, it said I had lost 13 points during it, so I'm now sitting at 499 with 3 minutes left and the servers seem down. :gonk:

Glad I'm not the only one. Wonder if someone is sabotaging everything just to win.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ugh, I got in for a second, the "Claim your prize" screen came up, with my "top 10" Captain America and I crashed again. I have to go to bed, but I better have a goddamn Captain America tomorrow morning.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Yeah same thing just happened to me. Was just about to tap the claim button when I got a "Comm Link Disrupted" message. This game is a loving mess.

Did you actually get the cover? Because I sure as hell didn't. Sent them a bug report. Ugh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Still haven't heard from the devs on my missing Captain America so I've pretty much stopped playing. I know one card isn't make or break but it frustrates me that I got as far as I did for nothing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

I'm in the same boat.

Did you contact them using the in-game feedback thing, or via the Google Play "Email the developer" thing? I got nothing on the in-game app, but got a confirmation email when I just emailed the devs from my PC.

Edit: UPDATE- contacting via email is the way to go, they have already fixed the problem and tossed me some hero points for my trouble.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 23, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

There is no reason to hang onto extra covers of characters I have fully skilled out, correct? I just got another blue cover for Iron Man but I've already capped it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm kind of surprised by how weak the Dark Avengers teams are. I've gone up against multiple groups that just have a Daken and a level 1 Bullseye or something. One guy in my bracket only has a base level Moonstone. I went from flat nothing to top 20 in 3 fights.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm just running a Daken/Bullseye/Venom team and it take forever, but I'm doing fine. Dark Avengers have a stunningly low number of direct damage attacks like Thor and Iron Man do. Everything is passive. I just pumped a couple thousand Iso-9 into them to keep them levelled a bit and I'm unstoppable. Not that it matters, by the end of the tournament I'll be facing teams of level 500 Ragnaroks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

This red iso event is basically just a test to see who is willing to spend the most hours grinding that one replayable mission. Hint: it's not me.

There's a replayable one? I never noticed if there is..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Emron posted:

They're generally ridiculous and give 2-4 iso. One right now has Yelena with two maggia minions with like 6k health.

Unless there's some way to rotate the map that I haven't discovered, none of mine are repeatable. I have 2 "impossible" ones with level 70 Maggia dudes but nothing like what you're describing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

delfin posted:

The repeatable ones are the "impossible" ones. Right now, though this may change at noon EST if they're feeling frisky, there are:

* Stolen Goods (blue ring): L40 Yelena, two L85 Muscle, 2 ISO points
* Battle in Brazil (green ring): L73 Moonstone, L90 Soldier, L90 Pyro, 6 ISO points

My team for both is Captain America w/L5 Peacemaker, Thor, Storm Modern. If you beat the supervillain down quickly, you can go the rest of the way with no damage if you manage Countdown tiles well. Cap kills Countdowns dead with a maxed Peacemaker, Storm can shuffle the board and generate APs with Mistress of the Elements/Lightning Strike, and Thor just smashes. (Though Thunder Strike generating green tiles does help both clear green Countdowns and feed Lightning Strike.)

Christ, you guys must be much more levelled than I am.. I can't even touch those fights.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fallorn posted:

I love that the computer will always match a 4 straight over a 5 line. It is the best.

It also has some of the best luck I've ever seen in some rare cases. On mine it cleared a vertical row of 4 to the top of the screen and left a single yellow tile open below, and it just so happened that the next 4 tiles to spawn were also yellow and it demolished me. Why can't I ever be that lucky? :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I can literally go no further in the red Iso8 event. I'm at 1005 points, #220 in my bracket, and there is a single open mission involving Venom and 2 level 70 Spies that I can't even begin to touch. I have still never seen a repeatable mission in this event unless it just happens to be this one today. All the others are locked with a "Mission completed" thing over them.