Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Is there any reason to keep more than one version of a character around, or can I sell Modern Storm once I get Classic Storm going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Today I discovered that if someone has low enough max HP, activating Thorned Rose will set off Storm's Elemental Barrier.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Erebus posted:

So can characters not have all three of their powers up to level 5? Or is that just for common characters? I just tried leveling the last Iron Man ability I don't have maxed out and it said I was at the power cap. Would've been nice for them to tell me about that beforehand.

There's a limit of 13 points, so you can go 5 5 3 or 5 4 4.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Still, it's pretty easy to get 50 points you need for a Recruit Token plus the Iso bonus you get for top 100,000.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Eddain posted:

Does Classic Storm's green block breaking skill factor in the 12 green AP it costs to activate it when calculating how many random blocks to blow up?

Yes, so at level 1 it shatters a minimum of 8 tiles.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

There's a new patch live.

Patch Notes:

Gameplay/General
- S.H.I.E.L.D. has undergone some emergency reorganization after a devastating blow by H.A.M.M.E.R. to a S.H.I.E.L.D. storehouse. As a result of this attack, S.H.I.E.L.D. has run low on their current supplies of Health Packs for in field agents. Heroes that level will no longer be able to avail themselves of a free instant Health Pack to return to full health. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters are working feverishly to mitigate this attack. They've managed to raise the Agent's Health Pack maximum to 5 from 4 and lower the amount of time it takes to requisition a new Health Pack to 36 minutes from 96. Health Pack costs have risen slightly as well, from 15 for 1, 60 for 5 to 50 for 1, 200 for 5.
- H.A.M.M.E.R. soldiers have become more aggressive when Agents and their teams fall back from combat, much as Tournament opponents do now. When retreating, damage equal to one third of each character’s health will be suffered.
- Tons of back end changes to support upcoming UI changes and future Event types
- Heroic Mode: Harder versions of previous Chapters with improved challenges and rewards. Coming up first will be a revamped Juggernaut.
- Lightning Round Tournament Upgrades: Ability to run more varied Lightning Rounds. It's not all Hood and Doom anymore.
UI
- Ability maximums are now listed for each character in the Ability Screen for each character
- Several improvements to the Facebook Sharing process. There should be far less instances of not receiving larger lists, varied friends, etc. More improvements to this system will be coming with R42.
Characters
- Added upgrades to Levels 2-4 of Daken's Pheremone Rage
Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Deep Winter posted:

How do you get to that rank with that team?

The probably lost a close match with their main team and just used that one to mop up.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Got my first non-Iron Man 35/storm modern/hawkeye/blackwidow/juggernaut card from this lightning round.
It's Ms Marvel. :negative:

I've only gotten one two star from the lightning rounds as well. It was Bagman.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

So is it just me or has no one else noticed the horrible new GLEEP noise when you pick a hero power? It's driving me crazy when I've to fire off all these Wolverine slashes.

I noticed that too. It kinda hurts my ears.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

delfin posted:

Moonstone is pretty blah -- many consider her the worst 2* in the game.

There's no way that she's worse than Bagman.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

2 Powered Up tokens, 2 Spider-Mans. Awesome.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Mr. Met posted:

Do we know the pool of characters that a Double Shot token draws from? Is it just Magneto Modern, Bullseye, and IM40?

It's any 2 Star or better character with a higher than normal chance of IM40.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

head58 posted:

Really hating that the Family Reunion rewards aren't displaying accurately. I'll run one of the missions that says 14 points or whatever and then at the end receive only 1.

I has this happen to me too. It says at the end that you only got 1, but it still added the proper number to your total.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Kicked those two drom Pizza Dog. Post your name here if you join.

Joined as MegaSpy.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

slightlyslow posted:

How many slot spaces do you have? IM40 is one of the 2 best (along with modern storm) one star covers, and it'll probably only take about 10k ISO to finish him off. He's pretty good overall. He's worth getting up to 50 once you get the rest of his covers, and they drop frequently from the standard tokens.

IM40 is the 3 star Iron Man. IM35 is the 1 star.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

gromdul posted:

What heroes are you goons using for the grey widow tournament?

Modern Storm and Spider-Man. Stick to the oasis map for a never ending stream of sniper shots.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Bob Socko posted:

Had a fun fight in the new Human Torch event, where both my opponent and I had a CStorm. I hit his CStorm hard enough to cause her to retaliate. This did enough damage to my Torch to cause my CStorm to retaliate. This went back and forth a few times until both our Torches were dead, but so was his CStorm. Quick and easy.

This kind of thing used to happen all the time before they nerfed CStorm's yellow. Before they nerfed it CStorm's yellow would always hit at full power regardless of the team's health AND it would generate some red AP every time it went off as well.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

The new update breaks compatibility with my old-rear end iPad, so I'm going to have to bow out of Pizza Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spikey
May 12, 2001

Call Me Charlie posted:

Bone Rangers has 7 slots left. Hopefully we'll get 20 players that'll play every day (even if they don't play a ton)

I just joined up as MegaSpy. Pretty close to full now.