Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SynthOrange posted:

Putting Spiderman and Venom on the same team seems really unfair when Venom just eats one opponent. :stare:

I want to know why they made a level when guest star Spider-Man only has his yellow power but not blue, making him practically worthless. Venom isn't there, so there's no way to make web tiles to heal from. GG, developers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahaha that was a horrible versus match. Storm Classic has Elemental Barrier, which has an attack that triggers on high damage and hits the whole enemy team. I had a Storm Classic... and so did my opponent. One blast hit her and it was an unending torrent of Elemental Barriers that destroyed both teams.

I just had this happen to me, but the other team had much higher HP and wiped me to win. There should be a "no-touchback" rule!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

If they have four digit hit points, have multiple levels and have lots of skills, I'm skipping them for easy pickings.

If its a team with Level 2 Thor, Black Widow, Modern Storm or Hawkeye, it's go time.

The win amount obviously comes into play too. If I'm only getting one shield out of it then gently caress that fight.

I think I just killed you in the tournament using pretty much the same team as you, give or take a few levels. I doubt there's multiple synthorange accounts! You can probably beat me right back, too.

EDIT: My ID is Amorgus, FYI

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just destroyed by a similar team. I wiped the weakies in ten turns, then Thor decides it's COMBO TIME and had all three powers going in a whirlwind of sodomy to wipe my whole team in one turn.

I guess you should always make sure the Thor you take on DOESN'T have all three powers.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

So I'm not the only one. I was at 800 and woke up today to have lost 250 loving points. I was going for that 1000 point Thor cover too, but as far as last night only the top ten in the tournament were over 1000.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I've been getting slaughtered in the Avengers Tournament today, so I switched to Red ISO. I racked up over 2,000 ISO and got four bonus heals. I leveled Thor up four more times, revived Iron Man and Black Widow, then jumped back into the other tournament as a contender again. I'm back up to 723. I guess I should actually try using boosts now, hmm?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I was one drat point shy of 800 and now everyone has at least two 2000 hp characters and keeps crushing me. My Iron man and Thor are just shy of 2000 hp and my Widow is at 1200. I'm just not getting the insane breaks my opponents keep getting. I'm done with this tournament.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Remember to use your boost. You can only have 10 of a single boost, so you gotta use them somewhere.

I started using them last night. The only way to get more than single-digit points was to try and go after the people that beat me. Most of the time I barely survived after one fight and would have to go run to the Venom level and try to heal but it becomes such a chore. On paper my team should be just as good as my opponents, but it their Iron Man Repulsor Blasts you or they get some crazy Hawkeye combo early on, you may as well just quit the fight.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Well, I lied. I went back to the Avengers mission with these theories to test:

1. Skip the people that defeated me unless their team was complete trash.
2. See how far cherry picking opponents would take me.
3. Keep trying to heal on the Venom levels before jumping from fight to fight if I was too banged up.
4. Keep experimening with boosts.

I managed to get to 910 points and am currently ranked #141. As long as I don't drop under #250, I'll get the third tier prize. I really thought the only way to get worthwhile points was fighting the people that beat you, but it's really not worth it more often than not. There really is enough people with 10 point crummy teams to get you ahead. I would've really liked to crack 1000 and get that Spider Man Yellow.

Also, trying to heal Iron Man while fighting Venom is obnoxious when he wants to always be the one in front taking damage while Thor sits there reading a book. Black Widow pulls the same crap as well. I wish there was a way to hide your wounded teammate in the back.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I didn't know that you could actually win points from being attacked! It just happened for the first time this morning in The Arena for 30 points. I guess my team isn't complete dirt anymore and I've just lots every battle until now.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

As there any way to reroll your opponents in Vs? I keep getting paired up against people I have no hope in hell of beating because they're about 20 levels higher than me. It gets a little annoying after a while.

On the first screen that displays your opponent, on the lower left side, there is a Skip/Yield button. If it says Yield, it will be red and show how many times you've attepmed to fight them.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I'm getting so much mileage out of lvl 36 Storm Classic and lvl 34 Thor together right now. Their skills are only both 3-3-2 right now, but Storm softens everyone up and wipes the weakies out with her blue stun or Elemental Barrier, usually leaving Thor to combo the last man standing to death. God, if I can max out Storm's Blue and Yellow and Thor's Red and Yellow, I wouldn't have to sweat drat near anything. It's even funnier when they force me to use my skill-maxed lvl 36 Black Widow. I am totally a stun junkie.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I probably missed it, it did we ever determine why certain characters are always assigned to attack before other teammates? For example, my Yelena will always be assigned all colors except green over Venom and Daken, and Daken doesn't get ANY colors assigned over either of them. It's nice that we can target enemies' teammates at whim, but why can't we control who is attacking on our own team?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I thought that was the case. What I didn't realize was that the multiplier was factoring into the equation, putting the weaklings like Yelena and Moonstone out front. It sucks that I have a guy that just sits there regenerating health and making me wait through a bunch of stupid effect animations but can't actually DO anything until the rest of the team wipes.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Yeah, hitting someone for over 700 damage is awesome. Too bad she only has ten turns to live.:negative:

Throwing on a bunch of boosts and rolling into Red ISO land to destroy an impossible mission in four turns helps ease that pain, though.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

poo poo, is there a way to switch FB accounts in this game so I can use a dummy account like the rest of you? I don't want to lose all this progress!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Alright, I'm on the list now. Please don't goatse my account.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Okay, I just ate some guy's super 4k/5k+ Thor after which I mopped up the loose change when the enemy team killed my blue Spider-man right out the gate and I just shot for the moon for 20 purple AP to make the 5 web tiles to devour in a few moves with the appropriate boosts. I really REALLY recommend everyone make a 5 black 4 purple venom. It's a confirmed game changer even without web tile assistance from other characters.

I've had a 5/4 Venom for a few days but have only pulled that off once. I did recently get the blue Spider Man bu I don't know if it's worth it yet to sub him in instead of my monster Classic Storm and Black Widow.

EDIT: HAHAHA I just ate last misson Ragnarok! Hefty boosts were needed, though.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 2, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I am in dire need of more Thor covers. I'm stuck a 3/3/2 and maxed at level 45. I hope we get some more events that dish him out as prizes very soon.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I've been getting the daily log in bonus every day since it started and there's a red Thor cover tomorrow, so you'll have one coming your way from that at least.

Just saw on their website there's a splash image with heroes and villains we've encountered already, save for one... Hulk. I don't know how he'd fit in a Brotherhood story arc, but its got me really hoping he's going to show up soon.

I just got that Thor cover this morning. Bitch and you shall receive! Now he can get up to level 53.

Yeah, this Venom Tourney isn't full of pushovers like the other ones. Ragnarok isn't the main worry anymore and both Storms can be downright cunts.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

delfin posted:

Off-color 4s, definitely. But sometimes Mistress of the Elements causes delightful cascades.

Staying in the Venom top 500 may be more challenging than I thought, just because everyone is so tightly bunched and teams are so similar. I'm at Rank 108 with 845 points, and I can trade shots with other guys all day who are in a similar rank, but I can't do much if a bunch of people with 150 points decide I'm a nice target.

I'm at Rank 105 with 853 points but my guys are all beat to poo poo right now. I just want to crack into that sweet, sweet 900 point range just once. Maybe crack the top 100.

Many times if I see a Classic Storm on the other team, I'll replace mine with my Black Widow so I don't get my team decimated in a Raging Tempest slap-fight. It's worked pretty well so far.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

delfin posted:

90% of the teams are Venom / Storm Classic / Thor, yes. To the point where I don't really have any fear of that combo any more and have taken it out with a couple of combos, working in Wolverine Astonishing, Widow Modern or Cap at times. I'm saving my boosts for the last push, but I have lots of faith that barring bullshit cascades, my team can beat a stronger team every time because of dumb AI and smart me.

Here's the problem: I got knocked down to 767 just now and that's rank #351. That's a LOT of people in a small point range. It's going to take persistence and a little luck to hang in there.

Yeah, I'm hosed now. Knocked down to 743 points and Rank #542 because all my strong players are dead. No more health kits, no more leveling heals. I have to go to bed anyway.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

My snooze crew are a 50 Thor, and level 40 IM and Wolvie. Hopefully that scares off most people trying to attack me.

I've noticed that the computer loves to use Iron Man's Yellow ability over Thor's, so maybe putting them together isn't the greatest plan. You'd have to find someone else who doesn't have a cheaper yellow power, of course. I'm rolling with Thor, Classic Storm/Black Widow, and usually Venom so the purple and black tiles actually have a use. Besides, those 4 ap baby stuns really add up quick when you're trying to fill up on the important colors and keep their stunner in check.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I broke rank 100 and got the useless yellow Captain America. I need the others!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just got annihilated by someone using a Moonstone/Classic Storm/Iron Man model 40 team. All was well and good until Iron Man's Recharge ability went off, then Moonstone shot Thor for over 1800 damage, setting off my Classic Storm, which set off their Classic Storm, then Moonstone swapped some tiles and cascaded away the last few hit points my team had in one loving turn!

The lesson here is: Don't scoff at a high level Moonstone.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Kharmakazy posted:

I've never gotten one of those "You were attacked!" screens...

I wonder why, Cheaty McCheaterton. :smug:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I'm back to jonesing for Thor covers again, as well as Classic Storm. They're both stuck at level 53 while everyone else seems to have their Thors in the 70's. Is it sheer luck or are they all whales?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I managed to finally get a red Thor and level up a bit more today, but it's imperative I get that yellow and green Thor from the Iron Man tournament. Then I'll have my perfect Asgardian at 5/5/3. I leave green attacks to Classic Storm for block-breaking. She's still stuck at a measly level 53 with 3/3/3 though.

I'm pretty sure it's still letting me heal by leveling right now, but I've definitely noticed the faster Health Kit recharge already.

EDIT: drat, it must've just stopped healing. It let me do it once after the update, I swear!

Gallow fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 9, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Of course I have a good shot at finally breaking 1000 ponits and getting in the top 10 of a tournament and it's that lovely Iron Man for a prize. I don't even need that yellow Captain prize because I have him max skilled already.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

deadtear posted:

Haha! You only need 13 covers to max level your poo poo!

Haha! You have 25% more base healing items and they refill in 1/3 the time!

This one is valid though.

Sorry Octo but for what my meager opinion is worth, I have to agree with Deadtear's side of the argument. The faster turnaround on Health Kits and less covers to max skills are fantastic.

I just managed to get my 500 point token and pulled the yellow Model 40 and I love it! He hardly ever gets hit because he's never out front to get damaged and just sits there funneling red mana into Thor. Plus he sometimes causes cascades when the yellow countdown tiles activate and vanish.

I just jumped up 200 points to first place (700 points) and still have a spare health kit.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

The first time I got Spidey and Venom together, I threw on as many boosts to black and blue mana as I could, went in on my first attempt and ATE him. I then tried maybe five more times after that and failed miserably.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

JHVH-1 posted:

After I use the yellow power on model 40 Ironman I just imagine him saying BRB, and then a couple turns later he comes back and destroys someone.

In my case, he comes back and says "Game on, Thor!" then someone eats a couple red attacks, usually making a yellow cascade (ew, not that kind!) and often making a group of five to give you another turn if you immediately need your big yellow attack to finish off the last guy standing.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I finally got the environmental tile boost to work for me on the swamp level. Within four turns I used the super special effect that apparently turns all environmental tiles and green tiles RED. Pure unadulterated death pursued. I killed that team so hard I probably broke the guy's phone.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I think I finished 30th so how long until I get my Thor cover? This next tournament is going to be absolutely retarded and I need my guy max level for the ugliest tournament yet!

EDIT: WHOA, 1000 ISP for Thor and Storm covers! Time to finish of Classic Storm as well.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 11, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="421703486"]
Just got mine.

In the meantime my second Lightning cover was a blue Classic Storm, putting her up to 3/4/3. :bubblewoop:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just need one more yellow for Perfect Thor and a fuckton of ISO to level him up. With all the Thor and Storm rewards, this is going to truly break the game by the end. Either you started playing before the Great Tournament and maxed out Thor and the Storms, or you'll probably never win again.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Emron posted:

Same here, and this is easily the most fun tournament yet. Whomp fools for like 1500 damage for 6 red AP all day.

If that's the case, perhaps keeping Model 40 Iron Man around for his yellow skill in the third slot may be a good idea.

I can't even attempt to start the next tournament because trying to retreat from 5th place down to 30 killed the majority of my collection. A really bad time for that new retreat damage feature to go in effect.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

My meager level 61 Thor's red attack does 2033 damage! Yeah, I'm keeping that Iron Man 40 out just in case the tiles suck. :getin:

Gallow fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 11, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

vibratingsheep posted:

It honestly doesn't matter what your team is made of, it's dead in 3 turns at the cost of some boosts. This is insane.

Boosts? We don't need no steenkin' boosts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I've got my 5/4/3 Thor up to level 66. I've gotten two Classic Storm blue covers to max the skill out at 3/5/3 and she's level 53. I'm at 530 points overall and will probably hit 800 sometime today to get the last Thor cover I need.

This is the greatest tournament yet.

EDIT: I am too giddy from this stupid game right now. Since I currently have 22 cover slots, I just dropped some gold on a Heroic token. What do I end up getting? YELLOW THOR. Keep that ISO coming, guys!

Gallow fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 11, 2013