Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
ok, I've gotten way more into this than I thought I was going to, any alliances have a spot open? This event has pushed me past 1 star scrublord into 3 and 4 star poorly matched land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
yeah, my leveled 3/3/3 1 star iron man does more red and blue skill damage than any of my new guys, especially since they have one or two level one skills. But the extra tankiness goes a long way, and my third anniversary pull was Devil Dinosaur. It's the awful purple skill but his match damage is higher than anyone else I have on most colors so he sits out front and puts his 4k HP to use. I got a black skill Blade on my first draw and that tipped the balance from beating up on one or tow people and then resting to tanking through several matches. Mostly though all the Iso i'm rolling in has let me level my core guys so that they can get work done while i pray for new good covers.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
4 points away from the 25-50 rank prize on class of 2015 when it ended :(

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Is there room for another in Bounce House or another alliance? I got a warning message that there's ONLY ONE HOUR LEFT on my pvp dojobber.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

bouncyman posted:

For Mort, I'll make some room! There's a spot available for you now!

Awesome! I promise to contribute my 10 resupply Iso every day!

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
My Bounce House membership is still pending

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
What determines who your team is for defense? Do you actually have to fight with that team? If you pick a person to fight, select a team and then back out it remembers that change. I wonder if that is enough to set it

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Man, gently caress Caltrops. Seriously

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Ignite Memories posted:

Carol looks like that chick from game of thrones. Natalie Dormer, I wanna say?

that's what i thought too

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
In 7th place with the round almost over I fight and win against a 42 point player. So many people attacked me during that match I dropped 151 from where I was. 2 minutes were left at that point. 60 or so points later I finish at 54th. eat a dick, game, I actually wanted those Cyclops covers

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
They should just go ahead and replace Hulk with a Kishu in this Daken/Bullseye node so that I can feel like I'm punching myself in the dick with every match instead of just half of them.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
the current lightning round boosts are very kind to my roster, but I made the mistake of breaking into the top ten with 9 minutes to go. Despite that my highest character when boosted is 150 I got hit by so many maxed out 4 and 5 star rosters that I finished with a top 250 reward. A good mechanic

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
hes still one of the few 3* I'm missing that I actually want because whenever he is a PVP reward there is pretty much no point in entering.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Twice in two days I've felt the excitement of a gold backed 3 star card only to be horribly disappointed to find it's for a color I've already maxed. This is the beginning of the end, isn't it?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pretty sure that's been around even before Champions.

I always run Storm / Thor / OBW during the 2* nodes in DPQ, and whenever I use Storm's Blue on the hero that appears on the second wave of the wave node, the hero gets knocked back. This has been going on for a while now.

You're killing the mooks and the new mook who comes in pops up in front. I do this on purpose because I run thor/storm into that so I can Storm Blue the hero and then Thor Green the mook who pops in.

The stun swapping just started for me on this update as well, it took me a bit to figure out because the only stun I have in this heroic is DD and Im not using him much. Thankfully Gamora is in this last day and I can get the KK progression without tearing all my hair out.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I just noticed that the new stun mechanic screws up Mystique's shapeshift. When you use it, it first stuns the target, pushing them to the back. Then she changes into the person who is now in front, instead of the original target.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Call Me Charlie posted:

No sir, I don't like it. The only reason to play PVE is to get Command Points and alot of the time you have to grind out the node before it finally gives it to you.

This. If you have the time and inclination it's pretty easy to get the three start progression reward but most of the time I do one clear and then grind the CP if it's not a painful matchup.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

MarcusSA posted:

Finally champed all of the 2* dudes. :toot:

The only 3* that I have that even has 12 covers is Spider-Man lol. The rest are in the 10 cover range.

Let me know what the Bag-Man rewards are I can't find it online

(gotta catch em all)

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
he's never a listed award but I get him from pvp wins sometimes. It's so tempting, just so I can throw him out in pvps I dont care about

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I'm actually liking the new scaling for pve. Not because it's good or anything. Now I don't feel pigeoned into playing the 4pm time slot so that I can play right after the day starts and hopefully pull a clear around 8 hour marks. I can play whatever drat slot I please, make a clear on my lunch break, and then at any time I feel just play through whichever nodes have high points that don't make me feel like I'm punching myself in the dick(CP nodes aside.) I get to play a laid back match game with super heroes that nets me a 3* cover and 25CP.

Placement can jump off a pier, gently caress that noise.

e: also this has been in my head for a week now, thanks MPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0oeY1KMY9U

Maldraedior fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 15, 2016

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I'm in Bounce House but I've been mostly doing DPD this season. Gonna be on for the event though.

I entered the Drax PvP with 4 minutes to go for the hell of it and was 5th place with 0 points. But there were no starter teams, just 5* assholes. By the time I rolled into a championed Thor and Hawkguy there wasn't enough time to finish the match and I ended with 0 points. Turns out you get no prizes if you don't get points...

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
the new scaling system makes progression a bit easier but when you take the time management out of the poopsocking then placement goes to whomever can sock the most poop

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
hey now, last time they did ultron bots with Iron Fist the second round was also ultron bots with Iron Fist so at least this is better, right?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

MPQ posted:

We haven't changed the starting difficulty for any mission but we did raise the end difficulty for Hard missions (Required Character missions will end slightly harder than before). We also increased the amount of rewards that can be earned from a mission to match how many times a mission can be beaten for points.

drat it I'm just here for the command points stop making it harder I don't want to play the stupid end node 15 times

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I got 1st on the Juggernaut: Heroic because I joined on the last day. In 16 hours only 8 people played all of the main hub mission to even unlock the daily missions because gently caress Juggernaut and gently caress Heroic. 3 Kingpin covers and 3 Rags(aka 1500 iso) totally worth.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
How do you have an Avengers event and not boost Cap?

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Ignite Memories posted:

How's Bruce Banner? I just found a second cover for him (still missing The Other Guy, but I have the other two).

Anyone who does have The Other Guy, have you noticed that sometimes Banner is dead when you go to play the next match? I use him to tank for easy matches but sometimes despite both Banner and Hulk not taking near enough damage to kill them, I have to use a health pack to revive him next match.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
gonna save up for two years and clean out that webbed wonder vault

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Super Steve was boosted for the Marvel event. Let IM40 tag along, throw shileds all day

There are not enough stuns for a boosted rhulk

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
every event they've added a bit more onto the required points though. you almost need to 4 clear every node to get the CP on this one

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Seriously, just buff all the crap characters and leave the rest alone. Why have 100 of them if 6 are required and 60 are useless? Not to mention that in 2-3 land you're using whatever boosted people you have covers for. Or, not - free tank.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Also your round score is solo and not alliance, so whale up or shut up. Also you can't use any of the normal boss cheese because waves. best event ever except maybe 2v2 pvp.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
holy poo poo round 6. Bad enough it starts out with OML just wrecking your face while you try to overcome his healing with no stuns, but Phoenix is second and is utter bullshit. For 20 red she can one shot any champ. At the beginning of her turn she places 5 reds. If there are 9 reds, she clears them and gets the AP. Guaranteed kill every 4-5 turns. My Professor is not cool enough for Winfinite yet and I don't think they'd survive OML long enough to get rolling. The only reason I got to Phoenix with Super Steve/IM40/Kamela is because the starting board had a yellow match five and then a four fell in when I cleared that. There's still 2 rounds after this...

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
TopHalf are pretty chill dudes. LINE is way better than in game chat and you can disable notifications right from the chat window so that you're not getting messages in the middle of the night. 6k isn't too hard as long as you don't miss an event, and if you do you can make it up by tryharding an event with favorable boosts. If you're at a solid 3* roster you should be pushing for the 500ish command reward anyway, now you just won't have a choice on whether to shield because you've got to keep your season total in mind. If there's a PvE event you're tryharding they can usually merc you out to a super serious tryhard alliance for the extra cover too.

I came in with 8 or so champed 3 stars and no PvP capable 4 stars and have done fine. You're trading your ability to blow off PvP events because they are lovely boosts/rewards for the promise of whale CP and some extra 3 star covers from Alliance rewards. If you're cool with that I recommend it.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I don't know if shield levels or cupcake changes are more to blame but PvP is really getting frustrating. I had finally reached a point were I could consistently hit 800 points and with some timing and luck could maybe hit 1000(for a second.) But now by the time I hit 350 points or so all the points dry up. It's not just about trying to find beatable teams anymore, almost noone is worth more than 30 points. After a hard slog up to the first CP reward I'll be above 50th, no viable targets and 10th place will still be above 1000. If it wasn't raining down Elite tokens on me I'd probably write off PvP altogether.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I'm guessing we're getting some balls hard and annoying version of Thanos as a boss before he releases.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I'll join at start, run up to 300 or so depending on how many people are in my slice, and then ignore it for 2 days. I rarely drop back below 200, and when I come back with 7 or so hours left there's usually some decent 60 point matches to get me to 500 or so and then I fight however many sub 30 point people I can stand to grind out before 8hr shielding.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

CidGregor posted:

That's nice and all though I noticed it came at the expense of the last progression reward event token. Probably a net gain in the long run but I'd still prefer that sort of change to be 'in addition to' rather than 'instead of.'

or possibly "instead of" an insultingly small amount of iso

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
at the top of the AI priority list is 4+ matches(straight line only) followed by highest match damage. That way the AI should get the colors it needs for skills because they usually line up. The problem is that mooks match all colors equally so it can throw off battles with mixed character/mook comps.

This is most annoying when Kamela is boosted because her yellow is so high that it's drat near impossible to get 6AP for IM40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Call Me Charlie posted:

(this nerf sucks because it was always easy to just crush anybody stupid enough to use a low level OML in PVP)

This. Wading through 20 boosted Lady Thors trying to roll up the one person using OML instead. He's not good, he just has a true heal every round and matches at a 5 star level. Three star Daken is top 10 in my roster for the same reason. He is not good by any means but he tanks black at the very least and maybe farts out an attack tile here and there and I never have to use packs on him. Maybe if he's been a good boy I'll let him execute someone with blue.