Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I kinda wanted to end up with magneto and purchased two covers with coins or whatever they are. I got two Thor covers so I now have level 3 with red/yellow.

I noticed hawkeye can be useful once with the right tiles when you use that power that places a crit tile anywhere. You can place that crit in a place that generates a second crit and it's created some cool chain reactions.

The challenges are giving me harder opponents now and I'm low on resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I didn't think the game looked too bad on my iPhone, and didn't think it would look so horrid on the iPad. Seriously gross and ugly.

If anyone hasn't noticed there's a little letter/mail icon in the corner and it will take you to a page to leave feedback. Probably a good idea to just give them some input on things you don't like and bugs. Better than just putting up with it or giving up on the game.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I keep getting covers that I use to boost skills but now I don't have any iso left to raise the levels. Like I have Hawkeye for example at level 13, but if I had tons of iso I could get it up to 17.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Yeah it can be hard to get iso sometimes. PVP is the quickest way to farm more. Also hawkeye might just be the worst character in the game, you wasted a lot of iso on him.

He was starting to get better, and I had a ton of resources at the time and the covers kept flowing so I spent it but then it all dried up suddenly. Though if I keep getting more drat hawkeye covers I could sell them instead.

He does have his uses along side a time. If you have a character that can spam extra color tiles out or clear tiles (Thor, Juggernaut) and then you use the purple ability to place a critical tile somewhere and chain a bunch of stuff. Then you collect that and use it to power your third character (like Iron Man), it kinda works together.

JHVH-1 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 15, 2013

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Looking at what you get back for selling a character, it looks like it just multiplies the current level times 100 ISO on 1 star characters. and 125 per level for 2 star. It doesn't matter what the heck you trained them with so if you use a cover to increase the skills you don't get anything back if you see it unless you level up (and of course leveling up costs more than what you would get back anyway).

I just feel silly having 2 different storms I have both leveled up. I would have kept selling off all those modern covers if I knew.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I woke up and got pummeled by 5 people while I was sleeping.

Yesterday I started doing all the fights that I was underpowered for. Use one storm and my own lvl 3 Thor and then kill off all but their overpowered ironman. Then use the Thor they provide, the other storm and whoever else to beat the ironman. The "beat within 3" doesn't reset their health, it just gives you whatever was left after the first try.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

This is true - I automatically skip anything with three 1k+ hp people just because it takes ages to maybe scrape out a win, compared to just fighting teams worth single digits who are weak enough to fight multiples of without healing.

I haven't had too much problem with them lately. One team had a level 28 Iron Man but the other characters were so-so. I squeaked out a win on the first or second try on a few of those.

But now I am working for the next few days and probably won't play a whole lot like I was on my day off. At least I'll get 500 iso or something.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Focusing on the tournament has helped beef up my team. I broke 500 and got the Thor green I was missing.
It gave me enough covers and iso to level up and go back to doing the normal missions.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I've seen log in bonuses that get bigger each day in other games, but a bonus for not playing seems strange.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Campbell posted:

Had a funny tournament loss last night with a damage shield battle that I ended up losing. Iron Man to Storm to initiate their damage shield. Now my damage shield goes off. Now their damage shield goes off again, and unfortunately my Storm died because I was fighting at around 60% and just going for it.

All I want is the 500 pt level for the green Thor cover!

I just did one with a high level Storm Classic compared to mine (level 8 or something) so I focused on getting her out of the way first. Just kept doing little damage hits and grabbing each yellow I could, and using stun attacks to prevent any blowback. Then I hit with everything from Thor and followed up to take out another character in the same turn. It worked out pretty well.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

delfin posted:

I got to 500 for Green Thor in the event and said gently caress it, I'm done. I was in the top 100 at that point and am now a cool #4722. Considering the reward for anything after #1000 is exactly the same (as I'm selling that Iron Man cover if I get him), and getting a higher reward means fighting my way past god knows how many people who've given themselves a level 490 Thor, nope.

Also: Note that to reach Yellow Thor, you need 1000 points. #10 overall has 1067. Meaning that the Doctor Dooms and Ragnaroks and 4* Wolverines in the Event Rewards list are all ha ha ha ha gently caress you no bait.

The new event that just popped up is interesting -- all 1* heroes, top 50 in your block of 200 gets Captain America, Wolverine at 700 points, Spidey at 800, but see above as to how likely that kind of point total is.

There seems to be a huge gap between doing pretty good and being in the top and the rewards just aren't worth it. Maybe I'll leave them some more feedback.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Theres a new tournament up and its only 1 star covers. I pick my first opponent and I get a guy with a solo Hawkeye level 2. Does he not have any other characters? Maybe he sold all his level 1s but for some weird reason keeps Hawkeye

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Noice I hit 500 points in the current tourney and got 500 gold thingies

I'm also 28th in my group so I'll be getting a captain america. Shame I couldn't get back up higher cause the higher ones have more than one color.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

You jerk, you got me all excited til I checked the reward. It's 100 gold for 500 points. :argh:

Crap I read it backwards. I also fooled myself.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
The top 10 in my group ranges from 686 to 826 so I kinda hit a plateau where everyone has teams with stuff like level 30 Iron Man that would overpower me. There's just not enough time left to level anything up or work up to more prizes now.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

I hit 600 and got a Hawkeye :woop:

He's worth his weight in gold.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
My Comm Link got disrupted again. I just want my silly Captain America

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

New Leaf posted:

I was rank 2, then suddenly I'm rank 9, now I've completely lost connection and can't get back in with 5 minutes left. Ugh.

Same thing happened to me and now I see other people have captain america in the new tournament. Hrmph

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
With all these changes I almost want to wipe everything out and start over. The missions I beat they changed the rewards on some and marked them as collected even though its not the item I got. I see bagman covers in the venom battles now I can get to at least train that thing with the other powers (if its even worth it).

I'm like a cover hoarder, I don't want to get rid of anything but tired of having to buy more space.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

epitasis posted:

Pretty sure you'll get fewer net covers with the new rewards, not that I've checked them all.

That might not be that bad of a thing. It just feels like a lot has changed and I spent my resources badly the first go around to begin with.

But overall its a cool game and I really like seeing the progression as they work the kinks out.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I had to buy 2 more slots cause I got 2 more tokens and unlocked modern hawkeye as well as magneto

I think bag man might be a little useful in fighting timers in this latest challenge. I just need to get some beefier meat shields to take and give the damage in the meantime.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Gallow posted:

I didn't know that you could actually win points from being attacked! It just happened for the first time this morning in The Arena for 30 points. I guess my team isn't complete dirt anymore and I've just lots every battle until now.

Happened to me for the first time this morning. Told me I lost 3 or 4 battles but they only subtracted a couple points a piece at most, and one guy lost against me so I gained 27 net points.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Should I even bother keeping stuff like Grey Magneto with red power or Hawkeye modern?

I only have one empty slot, and only 25 gold coins/ hero points / nerd gelt

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
If they had a one time IAP to unlock unlimited storage space I would probably do it.

Right now I am using Black Widow with 4 purple, 5 blue (level 24 currently) to stun while I collect points for Iron Man (lvl 28), Thor (lvl 27), sometimes others depending on who I am up against.
My Black Widow right now stuns for 5 turns on the target and 1 turn on the rest of the team and it only costs 9 blue to do it.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Juggernaut's green power destroys a bunch of random tiles which I kinda like cause it has the chance of eliminating timer blocks and also triggering some pretty sweet matching chains that don't count as your turn. At level 10 he has 1120 HP. I have the red power but basically never use it unless its near the end of the match or he has tons of extra HP to spare.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got awarded Yelena Belova and it filled up my only empty slot. Then I try to get some more coins and get a storm cover which it won't let me use to train with while it's in the cache.

If anyone is starting out, save your coins for later.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Anyone else cringe when you get a spectacular cascade against an unconscious enemy? :ohdear:

"THOR! THOR STOP HITTING HIM! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!"

I almost wish it had some kind of overkill bonus like infinity blade.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I have 3 heroic tokens and 2 Standard tokens, but 1 empty slot (I sold off the Dark Avengers Black Widow right before the Dark Avengers thing started).

I have been trying to get those 50 coin rewards to unlock slots but keep getting the drat 20 ISO reward. I noticed when they did the last major update that the rewards have star levels, which you would expect to equate to rarity like the covers.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

MeramJert posted:

Maybe they decided they're too easy since people were beating them almost 1000 times

And those of us who aren't as high level on most of our characters are always behind and can't repeat anything, which would make the gap even bigger.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I'm just loving destroying teams I normally wouldn't touch by using Juggernaut. I've just been selecting teams by not having juggernaut, and looking at their HP. I had one round I got lucky on the first turn and got an L shape followed by two more criticals in the cascades from it. Then I had racked up enough to start doing my green damage and ended up with 2 members of the team gone in the first turn.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Here is what I really want to know... When are they going to add The Hulk?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

My snooze crew are a 50 Thor, and level 40 IM and Wolvie. Hopefully that scares off most people trying to attack me.

Embarassingly, I got my rear end kicked by a level 20 IM, MStorm and Black Widow team. Once Storm gets those lightning storms going, its super powers everywhere and Black Widow stunning my rear end to sleep all the time.

I always go and try and take out anyone who can do team damage like Storm or stun moves before I touch anyone else for those reasons. Black Widow has been a good backer to Juggernauts power slams. Then I toss in either one of my newer covers that aren't as leveled up (capt america, magento, wolverine) or Thor.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Its pretty annoying just trying to stay in the top 10 of those Free For All. I got back up to #9 from something like #32 after I woke up. Then I go to do a battle and right after I win I found out I got dropped down to #13 cause of somebody else attacking me.

I had a lot of stupid fights last night doing things like forgetting Storm classic is on the team cause she is off the screen and then getting half my team wiped out in a few turns after the AI goes back to back to back ability plus combos.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got back up to #9, then #3, then again up to #6. Then I had a pretty awesome win taking out another guys high level juggernaut with stuns but while I was doing that some lower level punk took me down 32 points and I went back down to #7.

I don't mind being taken down cause I have less points but it hurts being taken down by a defeat you have zero control over.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Oh gently caress me. I dropped down 100 points while I was taking a break and I don't think I'll be able to make it back to the top 10 now.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Deep Winter posted:

Did you... lose points by winning?

I'm.... not entirely sure.

Everyone is dog piling at the last minutes, its crazy. I am getting dropped down in-between just refreshing to find a good team to get some last minute points and then I win a battle and go down 5 ranks anyway.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I wish they had some kind of area where you could view events that finished and see standings etc.

It would also be cool if you could view your Facebook friends and challenge them directly

I got my drat Iron Man 40 but with only red after I had been in the top 10 for over a day. What a waste of time.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Well this was a decent draw for a heroic token. He's already level 30

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I had one free slot and then I get handed the regular wolverine. Now I have to either get rid of something or find a way to get more gold (pay $5 even heaven forbid)

I do have a bag-man with level 1 blue/gold powers that I barely use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I exhausted a lot of the hero points ones to get up to the slots I am on now after wasting them on leveling characters when the game first released.

I do think I should revisit the story mode and start completing that.