Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I still crack up when the AI uses juggernaut's ability and you end up winning cause he killed himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Now that the Juggernaut tourney's over, spare a thought for those poor bastards with useless overlevelled Juggernauts.

I'm still using mine cause that green power is fun. It destroys 16 tiles at level 4, and only costs 7AP. You don't get AP back but they do damage plus you get all the random tiles all over that might match for API.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Ew. Thanks for that horrifying mental image.

Make sure to add in that grunting noise Juggernaut makes when he charges.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

I'm loving the poo poo out of Model 40 except for the bug where he's not being properly boosted in the tournament, leaving my actual support guys with ~1k health to tank all the damage because they're in their 40s and he's not. So far my strategy has just been to equip a +3 Blue/Purple boost, use Magneto Now to match blues and purples until he has enough purples to make more blues, then I fire the Model 40's rockets which one shot everything on the other team that isn't a level 50+ Thor.

I'd be solid if my Bullseye wasn't level 14 because of a lack of covers.

It is supposed to just be the critical shots that are boosted isn't it? I think after the update normal matches didn't seem that big of a deal, but if you get a critical its pretty big.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
They really need to re-do the tournament interface when it doesn't even have room for all the people that attacked you while you were away.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Capt America's power that charges red up by 10 is kinda interesting withthe Model 40 Ironman red power that takes out 1000+ HP. You spend 11 red at level 4, take 160 damage. Get 10 red back in 3 turns. By that time you have collected enough red to use Ironman and blast away. Plus his blue ability gives you some stuns so it buys you even more time to collect that red, and you get more blue back.

I think I will start leveling cap once I get more ISO again.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I don't know whats more impressive, the hit count or the fact that you got a screenshot just in time.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

seravid posted:

I just did this and got X-Force Wolverine. Glad I bought a new bench for another superstar to sit in forever :suicide:

I'm in the same boat with that thing. It looks cool, and started out at a high level but I have nothing to train him with and can't level him up cause of it. I want to make more use if it but by the time I get another one I probably will be full on covers again.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got mine with a free token, so maybe I will get another some day.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
After I use the yellow power on model 40 Ironman I just imagine him saying BRB, and then a couple turns later he comes back and destroys someone.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Oh boy I won a... errr... Black Widow grey suit purple cover... Hooray for uselessness!

I guess I should not have done those last minute attacks.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Crap, I just noticed how high you can level some of the cards with more stars. X-force wolverine can go to 230

Also it's nice that those covers also give you gold. So I at least got 25 gold back from that black widow I didn't want to keep.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I'm gonna have fun.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I go back for another fight without swapping my team and forget they replace the Thor and wondering why it's taking so long to get my special powers out before I realize what happened.

My injured leveled up Thor is better than that one they give you any day.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
So annoying, every time you go back to do a fight it puts the Thor in and I forgot yet again to swap it and got my rear end beat.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
They keep giving me critical boosts I barely use so I figured now would be a good time.

Daken strike tile + crital boost + Thor bonus, is letting a 3 tile match go to like 1500 and my Thor is only level 39 right now.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got to 500 3 times since last night. I am busy at work and can't sit there and play all day.
But I am also spending more time going back and doing missions to get covers to upgrade.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Something weird was going on with the battle I just did in the lightning round. I was attacking this guys Thor and getting -1 points. At one point nearly the entire board filled up with red tiles. I didn't find anything with red tiles in the power information. He had red Magneto on his team which seems to be a bitch but -1 hp attack?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

JHVH-1 posted:

Something weird was going on with the battle I just did in the lightning round. I was attacking this guys Thor and getting -1 points. At one point nearly the entire board filled up with red tiles. I didn't find anything with red tiles in the power information. He had red Magneto on his team which seems to be a bitch but -1 hp attack?

Eh I guess it might have been protect tiles taking the damage down.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

triplexpac posted:

Sometimes the streaks the AI gets on makes me want to throw my phone out the window.

The lighting round is insane. If there are boosts to environmental tiles and you go against a team with a low to mid level storm on it things get nuts. She destroys all the environmental tiles, uses those to get AP for every color, then they do some ability that smashes or creates more tiles which creates a string of hits. But wait, it still isn't over because they haven't actually done their normal turn yet.

I saw a team with like 700 or 800 HP in all the characters and thought "Oh no problem"

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

I started building up a Hawkeye Classic on a whim again last night. He's now 3/5. :v:

I have mine at 5/5 that I barely use so he's only sitting at level 15.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Finally this heroic mode brings something where I won't get repeatedly attacked. Also it has a black daken that is a lot easier to attain at your own speed.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Cool. I just replayed that one 2 more times and got the coins. All you have to do is get the red AP before juggernaut goes nuts and iron man takes him down easy.

EDIT: and now they give me a level 4 black widow instead of iron man.

JHVH-1 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 14, 2013

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Kinda annoying. Hawkeye modern can play but my other 2 leveled up ones aren't included.

Very limited options with this one

EDIT: Now I go back to the first one after doing one of the other missions and the Iron Man 40 is back again.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
It's too much work placing in lighting rounds so I'm just grabbing these for later each time one comes along

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

WetSpink posted:

They will go away after the lightning rounds end from what I've seen so drop em fast.

There was 8 nefarious tokens which might have stayed. I just went through all 8 though and every single one was a power I had maxed out on my single star heroes. So yippee 800 ISO

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I thought it was going till the weekend was over so I stopped playing since yesterday. When I noticed there was only 20 mins left I jumped back in and only got attacked once. So I jumped up past 50 with a little over 900 points.

What's funny is that at around 62 or whatever I was at overnight, I only got attacked a few times and actually ended up gaining points cause one guy lost.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
This Hood and Magento combo in the Thick as Thieves section is annoying. They take out my level 110 hulk before I even get to use any powers, even with 3 different boosts. Then they take out the rest of my team before I even get to take out one guy. Its rated "Normal" I guess because there are 2 of them instead of 3, but they are level 131/132.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Now the Hood/Magento team I mentioned is 155/155 after updating. It also says hard instead of normal so at least that is accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

overseer07 posted:

So, what's the mechanics on the pvp matches? Every time I get up to 600 points or so, I'll get attacked 3 times before I can finish one battle and just lose points.

I just stop when I get to the point when everyone it matches me up with has maxed out characters that I can't yet match. Like my stuff is in the 60s or 70s, and at some point I get all people that are level 85.