Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
State of the Bracket Address:

#2 is running L18 Daredevil, L30 Widow Modern, L30 IM35.
#3 is running L50 IM35, L45 Storm Classic, L15 Daredevil, L15 Spidey Classic.
#4 is running L50 IM35, L18 Grey Widow (no Green), L15 Daredevil, L9 Storm Classic.

After that I'm at least seeing some 85s and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

PotatoManJack posted:

I just got an Invisible Woman from a 2** + token. Is it worthwhile keeping her as I doubt I'll be able to get another cover for a long time, and I'm already using up all my cover spaces, so adding her would mean dropping someone else... I guess I could drop Hawkeye classic, but I like his board control abilities for PvE.

At this stage? Bye bye, Sue. If you're at a point where you're still finding Hawkeye Classic useful, you can either:

1) sell her for 50 Hero Points and use those towards another slot

2) keep her, and instead of nine or ten more covers needed to begin to make her viable (along with a metric shitton of ISO), you'll need eight or nine more.

Even with the recent buffs, Sue is still just not all that good. Yellow is expensive, gets placed randomly and matching its tile breaks it. Blue gives a decent Protect tile and lets you shield some bubbles, but it's expensive and the one thing I'd think to use it for (locking down Countdown tiles) destroys the bubble and not the tile when matched, leaving you where you started. Green is expensive and needs Blue skilled up as well to make it at all useful.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Go for it. Not like we have anything better to do at the moment.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
New tournaments:

* No Holds Barred Elite, aka Whalebait 2. Do not attempt this.

* Blind Justice, with Daredevil buffed. Worth going to 300 points for a slim shot at a DD cover. Attainable prizes are... Doctor Doom and Moonstone. :allears:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I must say I approve of this weekend's events. They mean I get to take this weekend completely off from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

LorneReams posted:

I had three maxed level characters wiped by a level 25 Magneto and co. After the third turn, Magneto started using effects, and 25 minutes later I was done. I literaly had to put the phone down and walk away because it wouldn't end.

If it's the one I suspect, the real problem there was The Hood. A sufficiently powered Dormammu's Aid is an AP theft factory.

As for Psylocke, call me old-fashioned, but I was much more of a fan of Betsy Braddock before she had her eyes ripped out and replaced with bionic cameras, was used as a (naked) brainwashed weapon by Mojo, was captured again, was brainwashed again, was physically warped from being a young British woman to a curvy Asian ninja, and had her telepathic abilities replaced by (let's all say it together) THE FOCUSED TOTALITY OF HER PSYCHIC POWERS, her PSYCHIC KNIFE!

Claremonts gotta clare.