Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004
Posted this in the general iOS thread but it probably got overlooked.

Cloudchaos posted:

MPQ tip: If you force close the app when it tries to make you spend your hero points on one of the 50 point covers and then reopen it you can buy the 150 point covers instead of being stuck on the 50 point cover page. You can also do this the second time it tries to make you buy one of those bullshit heroes and you can even buy the 500 ISO cover if you don't have 150 points the second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Apocron posted:

This tip never seemed to work for me.

Maybe they changed something in a patch but here's how it happened for me:
    1. Get the 50 point reward, get forced into the recruit heroes screen. On this screen you can't hit anything other than either of the 50 point heroes.
    2. Force close the app.
    3. Launch the app. When you get back into the game it again forces you into the recruit heroes screen, however it opened to the 500 ISO/150 point page instead of the two 50 point cover page.
    4. Buy a cover.
Hopefully they didn't change how this works, it definitely worked for me before this last update (the one that changed the icon). Haven't been in a position to try it since.

I'm pretty sure they when you get back in it won't let you change back to the 50 point page similar to how it won't let you switch from that page when it is trying to force you into buying a hero so it might be possible to break your game if you don't have 150 hero points or 500 ISO when attempting this.