Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I think Hawkeye is pretty useful for the story missions against spies and thugs and stuff. Both his abilities are useful for taking out timed attack tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BGrifter posted:

It's really wacky how random the AI is. The AI will usually match four over an obvious match five and free turn. Sometimes you get ridiculous things though like when Storm's board shuffle ability yielded enough greens and free turns to let the AI use the ability five times in a row giving the AI 35+ of every color and stunning my entire team. (I still won due to a major level disparity, but it was incredibly close)

This exact thing happened to me just now, except I lost. The enemy team took out my Storm and Venom from full hp in 1 turn, then chain stunned my Iron Man for more than 15 turns...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

SynthOrange posted:

I'm starting to rethink Daken. I've been coming up against him in the Dark Avengers chapter and each of his strike tiles adds 30 damage, and you get one per combo. That really started to add up quickly. Still, he's at a ridiculous level and I'd have to get tons of daken cards to be that effective.

I like Daken, but you can only level his abilities up to 5 before you start needing to pay coins.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My pool of 200 people is really tough. Basically everyone has level 20+ iron man.

e: Come on, it happened again. I had a full HP Storm, Venom, and 400 HP Iron Man up against 200 HP each Black Widow and Storm. Black Widow started a combo that lasted over 1 minute (I know because my phone screen turns off after 1 minute) which led to all 3 of my team being stunned for several turns, and I died without being able to do any more damage at all.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 21, 2013

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Well, my Iron Man is level 26, so I can compete but I can't usually just grind out 5 wins in a row without healing.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I was at 498 points, so I did a fight worth 14 so I could get my sweet 100 hero coins or whatever. After I finished the fight, it said I had lost 13 points during it, so I'm now sitting at 499 with 3 minutes left and the servers seem down. :gonk:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

And it's over. I ended with 499 points :smithicide:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Does his red ability do a good amount of damage?

Oh also I had a good ending. After the servers came back up it decided I reached 500 points and top 50 anyway :unsmith:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Are there any 4 star heroes other than the X-Force Wolverine?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

That's the way I understand it, too. Also, there seems to be 1 shot to get grandfathered overpowered characters. They're changing it so each ability has 5 levels, but you can only ever get 13 upgrade points. But right now you can upgrade 3 different abilities to level 16 each, which will get bumped up to level 5 once the patch hits.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

There's at least two missions in that chapter that drop Wolverine!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I see two missions that drop Wolverine, but both of them drop Green and Red only. There's "The Maggia" and "Call Him Ragnarok" but I haven't unlocked the two missions past "Daken and Venom" yet, so I don't know if there's more.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I noticed the second one myself with the Dr. Doom boss fight in the HAMMER chapter. Two rewards, 50 Hero Points each, and I cannot get the second reward no matter what I do. If it was 50% chance for the reward, 50% chance of ISO-8, I'd be fine with that, since it means I will get it sooner or later, but considering how many times I've played the drat thing, either I've got a streak of bad luck to make Vegas blush or something is amiss.

I played this same fight about 25 times before I got the last hero points reward.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

Yeah this update seems like a semi-nerf to iron man. He main strength was not being terrible and having tons of comic books. Now I have almost as much Thor comic books as I do iron man. I'm have been phasing out my ironman for daken.

Getting a 6 strength tile each green match adds up fast.

Daken's cool. I had his strike tile ability up to level 6 before the update, so now it's sitting at 3 and I just found an Oscorop mission that I didn't do yet which has two more covers for that ability, meaning I'll have it maxed out pretty soon! At level 4 it adds two strike tiles per green match. Don't know what level 5 does yet.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MeramJert posted:

Daken's cool. I had his strike tile ability up to level 6 before the update, so now it's sitting at 3 and I just found an Oscorop mission that I didn't do yet which has two more covers for that ability, meaning I'll have it maxed out pretty soon! At level 4 it adds two strike tiles per green match. Don't know what level 5 does yet.

I was wrong here, it's actually level 5 where you get 2 strike tiles. I think level 4 was probably just a damage increase or something. But anyway, I have it leveled up to 5 now and it's sick. Every time anyone makes a green match, I get 2 strike tiles that are each +14 damage, and I think I've only raised his character level twice. After a couple green matches with a decent team, every turn I'm hitting for 100+ damage basically no matter what I match.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

:aaa: Daken and the 2 star Wolverine have such fun synergy. Every time I match green tiles I get two 16 damage strike tiles, and every 2 green matches I get to cast Wolverine's strike tile ability as well. I just matched three 4 damage tiles and did like 180 damage.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I beat all the missions on the first try and ended up with only 160 points, but I saw the leaders had 180. Turns out one of the missions with level 70 guys disappears and is replaced with a mission with level 90 guys once you beat it. I can't beat the level 90 guys, though. My guys can all tank 1 level 70 flamethrower hit, but a level 90 flamethrower 1 shots everyone I use except Iron Man.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

Hahaha yes! I killed the level 90 pyros without taking any damage. Level 31 Thor you beautiful bastard. It was only after the fight I realized that it is purely a rank fight. It only gives 4 iso and you can repeat it forever. It is meant for whales trying to get a high rank.

Yeah, my characters are powerful enough to do it if I get a decent amount of luck, but if I take any damage at all I've lost.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The difference between my team with level 38, maxed critical strike ability Daken and my team without Daken is incredible.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Eddain posted:

I found the best way to kill Bullseye is with mass nukes, like Iron Man's blue skill. There's really no way to damage him through regular matching once he has a couple purple Protects on the board.

It's easy with Daken. I'm getting like 60 bonus damage per green match now.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nice, got up to 4th place and >800 points in the arena. 2 hours left, lets see how far I fall.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BGrifter posted:

Got up to 2nd in my bracket with four hours remaining and got a severe case of "meh, whatever". I'll probably miss out on whatever the good reward card is. At least I got the Cap cover at 800 points.

That blue Captain America cover is what I was aiming for, too.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Well, I got 5th with 898 points. I went over 900 at one point but dropped back down below 900 so fast the game didn't register it and give me my bonus 1000 iso-8.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The worst part of it imo is that almost nothing you do before the last ~2 hours of a tournament like this matters at all. All these weekend tournaments end when I'm at work so I can't really keep up very well.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kravdraa posted:

Nice.
After 2 boring-as-hell fights with my lvl 9 Daken (with only the passive power) I got my recruit token, I think I'm done with the event. Hope people have fun farming me...

Edit: Thor from the token. Yay!

Both his abilities are passive :ssh:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

This Dark Avengers event owns, even if I don't really care about the awards.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I figured out how to use a memory editor to cheat. I healed one of my guys about 100 hp in a fight and gave myself 50 iso 8 just to see if it works, but I don't understand why anyone would actually cheat at a game like this. Seems like it would take all the fun out of it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MLIOOBE posted:

Daken is barely OK. His strike tiles don't end up doing too much as direct damage and board manipulation are so much better than just "adds damage to a match".

I think you just need to level Daken up a bit. Mine is level 38 with the strike tile ability maxed, and it's strange if I don't have 80+ bonus damage on the board at any point. It's common for me to have 150-200 bonus damage on every single attack, which is basically like having a low level direct damage ability fire every turn.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

What's up with these guys in the unstable iso-8 event with 2500 points? Even if you're cheating so each battle only takes 10 seconds, you'd still have to sit there pressing buttons for hours.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WetSpink posted:

I don't like your odds, it's been progressively getting harder - I'm not even bothering to attempt the 2 Villain + 150 guy, I didn't attempt the repeatable stuff yesterday either. It seems they decided that the repeatable minion only missions were too easy since you could back out with no damage taken if things didn't go your way and you had a timer with 1 turn left and no way out.

Maybe they decided they're too easy since people were beating them almost 1000 times

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Does anyone know if it's possible to use something like Titanium Backup to save your progress, then start over with the intention of going back to your original game? I kind of want to memory edit cheat myself to infinite gold and iso-8 and do something like buy 1000 covers from the cover store and spreadsheet it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ugh, I just threw 100 coins at the Dark Avengers slot machine and got a Venom cover. That will teach me to never use coins for anything except cover space upgrades!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Skam posted:

Is anyone else who has been playing this on Android finding that it is causing Media server to keep running in the background?

Even after i stop playing i find media server has been keeping my phone awake for 9 hours and my battery has been murdered

Note 3 if it makes any difference

Oh, THAT's why the media server has been destroying my battery recently. The other day I didn't even use my phone much at all and it reported Media Server had used 36% of my battery and Puzzle Quest had used an additional 21%.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Emron posted:

Haha, killing five or six teams of level 1s in the lightning round right at the beginning is the easiest iso/rank ever.

I just went up against a guy that had only a level 15 Hood, no other heroes at all. How is that even possible?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Also possible is that they happen to have a level 15 Hood and then sold off all their other hero covers?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just logged in to the new lightning round exactly when it opened, and every one of my potential match ups already has over 100 points. The event literally started 30 seconds before I opened it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BGrifter posted:

Nice. Managed to finish top ten in my bracket so I got all three Bag-Man skills I wanted. I'm guessing they'll give him some absurd damage bonus eventually in a Spider-Man related tournament so it's nice to have him handy after I vendored all the mission reward Bag-Man covers.

I got top 10 as well, so now I have a 2/3/2 bag man. He still sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I think Spider-man classic's purple skill is the worst skill in the entire game.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nice, I just got 2 standard recruitment tokens and got 2 red Astonishing X-Men Wolverines out of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Seems like 75% of the Venom teams use Classic Storm and Thor.