Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shwqa posted:

Does juggernaut's unstoppable clash scale with strike tiles? He might be a really good combo with daken. 6 green ap makes something like 40-50 extra damage. That multiplied by 16 is 640-800 damage not including whatever juggernaut does naturally. My level 50 Thor does 663 damage with 6 red ap. That is pretty comparable.

It's not multiplied by 16. Strike tiles deal extra damage per attack, not per tile destroyed. If you deal 10 damage per blue tile shattered, and you have one 10 damage strike tile out, you will 40 damage for matching 3 blues, not 60 damage. Your Thor would deal 673 damage with his strike with that 10 damage strike tile out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ghostlight posted:

I've done testing on and off but it seems like it just uses eldritch magic. Some people when boosted have more than 3 match score, so they win - but when everyone's on 3 it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest critical, and it doesn't consistently go to whoever has the highest or lowest level, or whoever's in a specific place on the team, or whoever the highest star is. About the only consistent thing I've seen is it always goes to a guest character if you have one.

For instance, I made a team out of level 1 Hawkeye (4.5x), 24 M.Magneto (3.2x) and 38 X-Force Wolverine (4x). Wolverine got the match, regardless of where he was positioned - if I swapped him out for a 25 Yelena (4x), Hawkeye got the match. If I substituted in a level 9 M.Hawkeye (4.5x), Wolverine kept the match. If I swapped in a level 14 Astonishing Wolverine (4x), Wolverine kept the match.

My Daken was getting environment tiles over the guest Spider-man on one of the venom levels. But that only happened once out of two or three runs using the exact same team.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WetSpink posted:

I've been using level 24 bullseye as my third with Iron Man L50 and Classic Storm L51, he goes to the front on black and purple tile matches to soak a little damage and potentially to take special attacks to trigger Raging Storm since he's cheap to level up at the moment but the purple ability really helps mitigate a lot of the small trickle of damage from matches as I set up my special attacks. I don't even need to match the purple ones and waste a move - often the enemy will do it for me.

The opponents I'm seeing in the Juggernaut event seem a lot more leveled, even the Venom versus they were pretty leveled too. I rarely see a low level team for some easy ISO. I'm wondering if some kind of hidden match making rating from previous tournaments is putting me with harder opponents, or the average level of my guys or it's just random bad luck.

I think people that play the game in general are getting more leveled up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

delfin posted:

Unless you're a Saudi prince, you're not pumping enough money into this game to get substantially skilled/leveled rares. So what do you have that you can level up and is worth leveling? Thor, Storm Classic, and whatever's getting buffed/is mandatory in a tourney.

Since they've done things with tourneys like "Venom mandatory" and "all 1-star chars" I suggest spreading your ISO around instead of maxing the same guys everyone else is.

Well a couple weeks ago I was seeing everyone with level 20 something Iron Man in all the events, but now basically everyone has at least a level 30 Iron Man plus a few 30-50 uncommon characters at minimum. It will probably keep going up. The guys with a level 200 X-Force Wolverine are an anomaly.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kharmakazy posted:

Mostly because the recent changes to the leveling system made it so that I can't just edit the characters level up to 200 and have to do it manually using hacked ISO. poo poo takes forever.

How do the leveling costs scale? Like how much iso does it take to go from 99 to 100?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I didn't realize this until now, but the costs are different depending on how many stars the hero is. This 1525 cost is for 3 star or 4 star heroes?

It looks like 1 star heroes start out at 100 iso to level up and the cost increases by 20 for every additional level.

2 star heroes are approximately, but not exactly, 100 iso cheaper to upgrade at any given level. This is probably because they start out at level 6, which costs 200 iso to upgrade a 1 star hero from. This approximately 100 less on any given level thing holds at least out to level 50, which is the highest level character I currently have.

But 3 star heroes seem to be on a different scale. I've only collected data for levels 15-25 on one of those, as I can't level up any 3 star heroes beyond that. The cost is 93, 212, 212, 214, 215, 226, 249, 249, 288, and 301. This is scaling differently, and if I plug in 1525 for level 99 to 100, it's pretty clear that these heroes upgrade costs scale a lot better.

I wonder how the costs were determined.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Owlkill posted:

So I've got a level 11 basic one-star Iron Man - I've got Repulsor Blast and Armored Assault levelled up to 5 each, and Ultra-Freon Beam up to 3. I just won another Ultra-Freon Beam card but I'm not able to use it to train my Ultra-Freon Beam up to level 4. Is this a bug or does that power only go up to level three? I can't seem to see anything to suggest that should be the case.

Every hero has a maximum of 13 ability points. You've used all Iron Man's up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm liking my 45 Daken / 35 Wolverine combo in this lightning round with a throwaway character. A lot of strike tiles and auto healing, so I can just grind without using healing tokens.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

What does everyone think the best Wolverine build would be? Mine is 3/3/1 right now and I just got another red cover, but I'm not sure I should use it. Maxing green seems like it would be really good, since getting down to 3 AP means you can use it on every match. Maxing yellow seems great because then you always heal, no matter what. But red at level 3 already puts the cost down to 12, so 2 more levels down to 10 doesn't seem worth it? If it bumped it down to 9, I'd consider it, but I already have a lot of other heroes with good red abilities anyway...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

If you want to break into the top 50 in these rounds do you have to sit there fighting for the entire 90 minutes? I was active for a bit over half that last round but couldn't break the top 200.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I got all mine from standard recruit tokens and that one mission in the Dark Avengers chapter.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Wuzzlez posted:

Is it just me or did daken not get a buff to his strike tile passive at all? I thought that was something that was supposed to happen.

I'm also not seeing any buff. I hope we aren't grandfathered out of it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just went up against moderate but not high level Classic Storm and Thor team in the Iron Man tournament. On turn 2, their Thor used Mjolnir's Might, then Thunder Strike, then Call of the Storm. On turn 3, Thor was able to use Mjolnir's Might and Thunder Strike once again, followed up by a Wind Storm from Storm. I lost.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

Edit: hahaha I got 603 damage in a single match. This is a 5 of a kind yellow with a critical tile. By the end of the cascade I dealt something like 1200 damage.

I just got a 1001 damage 3 tile critical match on my Wolverine/Daken team.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

More cover space, of course.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I got up to #3 with about 850 points, waited a couple hours and logged in again and I've lost 252 points and I'm down to #35.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

If I use some boosts, I can open this Thor tournament with a 2000+ damage Mjolnir's Might. This event is going to be crazy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

vibratingsheep posted:

It honestly doesn't matter what your team is made of, it's dead in 3 turns at the cost of some boosts. This is insane. The rivers will run red with ISO as it only takes like 30 seconds to murder any given team with relatively minimal losses.

Sometimes even faster than 3 turns! I just used boosts to get +6 red and yellow to start, used Mjolnir's Might to 1 shot their Classic Storm, which created a yellow T shape which led to a critical that landed in between 2 more yellow tiles, which 1 shotted their Iron Man, which gave me enough yellow AP to Thunder Strike to 1 shot their Thor. The other team literally didn't get a single move. :stonk:

e: Thor is so strong in this tournament that it will almost 100% boil down to "Do you have a high level Thor? y/n". Nothing else matters at all.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 11, 2013

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

I'm pulling out the Thor wolverine daken combo. I'm hoping that team's passives are annoying enough people leave me alone.

That's exactly my team too. I just need more Wolverine covers. I'm currently sitting at 69 Thor/61 Daken/38 Wolverine.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I got up to 850 points on the bus ride home from work, with the #2 in my bracket at 550. After dinner I was already back down to 500. But at least I got the yellow Thor cover, which completes my Thor. Now I just need enough iso to boost him the last 10 levels.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Holy crap I just comboed someone for over 10k damage with several crits involved :haw:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yesterday I got to 850 before bed and I lost 400 points in the night. I just broke 1000 so I'm looking forward to seeing how far I'll fall tonight.

e: I just lost 90 points in about 2 minutes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

triplexpac posted:

Since I just started this game, should I ignore the Thor PVP event and go through the story missions?

You might as well try to get to 50 points, but in this tournament more than most you have no chance of going anywhere if you're new.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

Edit: best Thor is 5/5/3. His green ability is very meh compare to other green abilities.

I don't know. 5/4/4 Thor seems just about as good, since you hit 12 AP on Thunder Strike.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

SynthOrange posted:

Has anyone done the math on how much ISO is lost from selling a levelled up character?

I think I could figure out an approximate value later today.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just got my 1200 point prize as well. I'm tempted to buy a couple Heroic tokens, but I know I should probably just buy more cover space.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I should have just blown my 1600 hero points on cover space last night.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I wish I would stop getting red Wolverine covers. Really, I don't need any more. Please give me green or yellow.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I was a couple hundred points clear in 1st place when I left work today. I just checked again and I think I'm done with the Thor tournament. I won't be able to sit there for the last couple hours when it ends tomorrow, and I already got one of the Loki progression awards.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I think I'll be sitting this tournament out. I have a level 25 The Hood, an Iron Man 40 that I could level up to about 25 or whatever, and a bunch of One Cover Wonders.

I got a Ragnarok on my first day playing the game, when I spent some coins on a Heroic cover before realizing cover space was better. I still haven't found a 2nd Ragnarok cover though...

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 18, 2013

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I didn't know you could get so many points so quickly in this event. I was last place in the ranks that were going to get 3 recruit tokens, and I figured there's no way I'd break into the top 50 and I don't want any more Thor covers. So I did a single mission and gained 491 points and jumped up to top 100. I decided at that point I'd go all in and try to get to 3000 for that blue Iron Man cover. I didn't have enough time so I ended top 50 with 2800 points. Still, not bad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

5 red / 5 yellow / 3 green is the most popular and probably overall best. 5 red / 4 yellow / 4 green is mostly as good, though. Anything other than these two choices will be much worse.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The strength of a Daken/Wolverine team is you can just grind endlessly without using any health packs.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

WetSpink posted:

The same could be said with the lowbie on a stick and CStorm+Thor (most of the time), but that may happen less in coming tournaments with the boost working on HP too.

No, I've done both and it's not really the same. In these tournaments I usually find Thor will get hit at least once a battle, and after just a few battles his health is significantly lower.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dravs posted:

Yes but he would also lose that. As long as you could starve the board of yellows he should go down pretty quick.

Nah, when you max his heal he loses a lot less than he gains. I think in this scenario he'd lose 300 per turn if you could keep less than 6 yellow tiles on there, but he'd be gaining 500 if you had at least 6. It's often fairly difficult to clear the board of a single color so well for a sustained period of time.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Heroes worth keeping: all of them except Hawkeye classic, Yelena Belova, and Bag man

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

I keep getting wolverine green covers. It is stupid how many I have gotten after I got my wolverine to 5/3/5. It is such a kick of the teeth because those are pretty hard to come by and everyone wants them, but I can't use them.

This is me except I keep getting Wolverine red covers and mine is only 2/3/2 but I don't want to pump red any higher.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Aw man, I was rank 39 in that last lightning round with <1m remaining and I only ended up top 100 with a Bag man from a Heroic cover.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jibo posted:

I feel like these events are all designed to make me spread my ISO as thinly and evenly as possible. :( Also my Wolverine sucks really bad and this Heroic is pretty harsh.

I accidentally discovered a fun exploit last night that may or may not work for other people and may or may not get you in trouble. Apparently if you go into a match with a damaged team and then force close your app, your team will be at full health and you will have lost that match when you restart the app. This doesn't work on team members who have been downed during the match though. My phone crashed a few times last night and this happened every time. I haven't been doing it on purpose because I don't want to risk getting my account in trouble but I figured I'd throw that out there. This was on an Android phone by the way.

Yeah I thought I noticed something like this when my phone crashed the other day. Don't worry though, you won't get into any trouble. They don't monitor anything client side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shwqa posted:

Seriously? :psyduck:

Yes, that was me that saw the Daken getting them over a guest Spider-man. I don't know why that happened, though!

e: It might have been a bug since it only happened once even though I repeated that fight. I've seen a couple weird ones, like the other day I had enough red AP to use Mjolnir's Might but it wouldn't let me use it until I got 12 red AP, then I could suddenly use it twice.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 25, 2013