Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

If I already have Thor from the slot machine, will the reward on the 13th give me a skill slot for him, or is it similar to modern/classic storm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It looks from the event rewards page like not everyone is going to get Thor at the end of the Avengers event--what you get is going to depend on your rank. I'm 2000-something, so I'll probably end up with the awesome reward of 100 Iso-8 or something.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Classic storm is great for defending yourself overnight or whatever. People nuke you and take hundreds of damage to each character. Seems like most opponents haven't figured out focus firing her down.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I just got a notification from Marvel PQ that was simply called 'collect' and had a cut-off message that said "Iron Man has made improvements to his Repu" (assuming it's something about his repulsor blast or whatever.. Anyone ever get these? I tapped it and it just opened the game.

I got one. The same one. It was a red cover for iron man. I guess it's a playtime hook mechanic.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really wish I could pay 20 bucks and play the (really fun) base game without all the annoying timers-and-limited-inventory IAP bullshit.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That's missing a lot of this iteration's unique features, like targeting team members to remove abilities, altering available abilities and playstyle by team makeup, and the attack/shield/timer tile mechanics. I enjoy this base game way more than I did PQ2. I don't enjoy every game on ios using timers now.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I have the same issue with my level 12 or so Thor. Who cares that he has 1300 hp when his non-special attacks are so weak that he's never out front to take a hit?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

particle409 posted:

I'm confused. Are you saying people are cheating a little bit to make their characters overpowered, then just playing normally? Or are they not cheating at all? I wouldn't care that much in the pvp area, but it makes grinding too difficult, and then the single player area is too hard.

edit:
At least I figured out that heals regenerate over time. I was saving those like a silly rpg hoarder.

The typical play session for me involves doing a couple worth-nothing-but-iso pvp rounds, then trying for a reward on one of the endgame missions. I try to time it so I can get a free heal from leveling a hero. Then I use my heal tokens and repeat. Then I get to choose between endlessly doing the first mission for 20 iso to level something up, or stop playing. This is generally after about 25-35 minutes, and I can't find a better way to go about things, since my spiderman doesn't have his yellow ability.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

If you've got all the rewards in a mission, it's still guaranteed to be 20 forever, right?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This update makes it feel like an entirely different game, in a good way.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They increased straight upgrade points across the board, since one level upgrade now=like ten level upgrades before.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A yellow spider man classic would make my day. Also, if I can grind the iso for it, I can see Thor totally replacing iron man soon. I feel like a Thor, Classic storm, and venom team would be really good with some levels.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I went ahead and cleared the repeatable mission three more times, it's not that bad if you use a lot of boosts and play carefully. I also think venom would be a good addition to a team once he gets some levels in him--his primary colors are black and purple, which you don't use that often otherwise. Now that my Thor has made my Iron Man obsolete, I'm thinking about pumping up Venom to fill the gap: I'd have blue/green with classic storm, red/yellow with Thor, and black/purple with venom. Two stun sources, nukes in all colors...it sounds good to me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I was all pissed off at this game at release, but the recent updates and event are really impressing me with what seems to be the start of a PAD-style dedication to making a good ongoing experience. As a result of my appreciation, I whaled out with a 20 dollar gift card I had hanging around, and ended up getting all 3 skills for classic Spiderman to level 2, and getting Cap to almost his skill limit. A team of classic storm, Thor, and classic spiderman is amazing. A lot of AoE, quick or heavy stuns, low cost nukes, and strong AoE healing on top of everything. It's fantastic. If you play carefully, you can play indefinitely by healing up in low risk situations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is there a way to link up a fake facebook without making it the account your iphone/ipad is synced to? I'd like to hook up a fake facebook, but logging in/out constantly to check my real one sounds like a pain.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Russad posted:

I've added a bunch of people (with my real FB account) as they've posted in here, but when I get the opportunity to share rewards, I'm still only seeing one or two people, and always the same - never a random assortment. But I'm getting things from other people. It's really weird.

Do you know if it sends out random invites to friends and the like, or is it relatively non-intrusive?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Welp, I got to #2 in my bracket after about 20 minutes, looking forward to that disappearing within 20 minutes of finishing.

Kravdraa posted:

Spider-Man Classic (yellow) from a Heroic Token just now. I like how his ability is useless until I can unlock the blue one.
Wolverine 2-star from a Standard token, not too bad...

You can still use his ability with no web tiles! It just heals for its minimum.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just added myself to the Google Drive doc on the last page, so feel free to add me (I won't link to my profile directly here). I need some people so it doesn't just throw up random-rear end people from my friends list to send things to.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So my game is suggesting people to give things to that I know don't have the game. I'm sorry if I can't get you guys free poo poo as often as I'd like as a result :(

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Welp, just hit 1000 tokens in the training room default pvp, and didn't get the 100 hero point milestone reward. At least I have a meaningless top 100 rank...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My classic Storm's blue ability does 882 damage to every member of the enemy team for 11 blue AP.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm sitting at #1 right now in my bracket at 928 tokens, next highest is 888 and then 838 below him. I figure I've got five to ten minutes before I have to fight my way back up.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I was at 1 until about eight minutes left, during which time two dudes got ~80-90 points each and took the lead. I think I ended up #3. When do we find out? My event switched over but I didn't receive anything.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dark Ms. Marvel is really bad, you guys.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

I am getting my rear end kicked in this latest tournament. I'm not too surprised I was beaten, though I am a little surprised I was entered, considering I don't have any Dark Avengers cards at all.

There's tons of people I've run into with level 115 Ragnarok. The rewards for this one are poo poo, don't stress over it. Find some easy people for free iso if you have a team for it, but otherwise it's whatever.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think I actually read the intro to the very first fight, then skipped them all from there on out.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The best part is that he gives gently caress all for rewards. I'm about 15-20 rewards from getting everything from the PVE campaign, and all I've got left is boosts and medpacks. Hopefully they put out new chapters or continue putting out events like the really great red iso one they've got going currently.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

New Leaf posted:

There's a replayable one? I never noticed if there is..

They're generally ridiculous and give 2-4 iso. One right now has Yelena with two maggia minions with like 6k health.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Unless there's some way to rotate the map that I haven't discovered, none of mine are repeatable. I have 2 "impossible" ones with level 70 Maggia dudes but nothing like what you're describing.

Those are the repeatable ones. I think one is moonstone and two level 90 pyros and the other is Yelena and two level 70 mobster guys. They rotate each day which ones can be repeated, but they're always really tough and always give gently caress all for rewards. They're just whale bait.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The real benefit of the red iso event to me is the good amount of (purple) iso you can get from it. It's just like a free set of rewards each day.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Christ, you guys must be much more levelled than I am.. I can't even touch those fights.

I'm using a lvl 51 4/4/5 classic storm, a lvl 51 5/3/5 Thor (bad skill assignment but whatever), and a level 41 3/3/3 spiderman. And that poo poo is still ridiculous. I don't bother with it, it's not worth the sacrificed iso I could get from looking for easy wins in the training room pvp with the same team.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Haha today's repeatable fight is crazy. Level 150 maggia minion + 2 high level villains.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thundercracker posted:

How well do you have to place in the Dark Avengers tournament to get a prize once it's done? I'm about 9-10 place in my bracket right now. Is it just a Moonstone prize?

Tap the box up top with your ranking, then the tab on the bottom right that say "event rewards."

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kravdraa posted:

I love how often they add new stuff. I had just logged on, looking for random prologue rewards that I hadn't ground out yet, then bam - New Thing.

Sadly I made my move too soon, got knocked from #18 to like #200...

Yeah, this game would be awful without the constant events and stuff. It feels like they're trying to follow the entirety of the PAD model.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I've got a pretty decently skilled Magneto Now, is he really that great? I was thinking he might go well with Cap.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'll give him a try, sounds like he's pretty good for PvE.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Haha, killing five or six teams of level 1s in the lightning round right at the beginning is the easiest iso/rank ever.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Finally, my decision to level venom to 25 is justified :getin:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gallow posted:

I probably missed it, it did we ever determine why certain characters are always assigned to attack before other teammates? For example, my Yelena will always be assigned all colors except green over Venom and Daken, and Daken doesn't get ANY colors assigned over either of them. It's nice that we can target enemies' teammates at whim, but why can't we control who is attacking on our own team?

It takes the highest damage from your team. Your Yelena does more damage with every color other than green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BGrifter posted:

I've been ignoring the Facebook thing all along but a pile of free levelling currency sounds nice. Added my unused game-linking spam account to it right now, is there anything else I have to do?

You should absolutely do it. Only one guy keeps showing up for me to share with (hope you like literally every shareable reward I get, Jeremy Condon), but apparently I show up on a lot of people's. I logged in and got 2.5k iso for free this evening, plus 2 common recruit tokens, a heroic recruit token, and a juggernaut cover (lol). It almost makes me feel guilty.