Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gallow posted:

poo poo, is there a way to switch FB accounts in this game so I can use a dummy account like the rest of you? I don't want to lose all this progress!

There's no easy way, unless you're okay with de-syncing a facebook account on your phone. There's a few goons using real accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really would have liked to get to 800 to get another point in Daken's passive, but whatever. I got hero points, that's always a plus.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

Is venoms 5 purple ability bad?

It nearly doubles AP cost, but it stuns the whole team. People are leaving it at 4 to be able to utilize devour's "Eats the whole team" thing more often. I accidentally brought mine to 5, and it's not bad. It's a one-turn stun on the entire enemy team for 7 purple, which is quite useful in its own way.

I really wish I could get a blue or yellow spiderman classic. Mine is at 3/1/3, and I've gotten 2 more purples that I don't want for him. I can't complain too much, though, a lot of my covers are decently skilled. I'm really not looking forward to the point where I can't use leveling up to heal something, though.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

seravid posted:

I keep sending cash and booze to everyone but I'm lucky if I get a single Juggernaut cover per day. You guys are assholes :mad:

Despite it apparently being fixed, I still only get the option to send things to literally one guy, over and over.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa, I'm directly under you on the leaderboard for the red iso event.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Where you belong! hey that is kinda cool. I did the 8 red iso a few times just to push myself over the yellow American reward. I'm sure that is exactly what you did.

There is a where quirk with the ranking system. People who have the same score as me, but got to that point after me get to be a higher rank than me.

I just ran it a few more times to give myself some insurance, saw what it would take to land in the bracket above ours, and said gently caress it. 500 coins and a new cover is pretty good.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really hope they run another event similar to the red iso one this week. I only have five SP rewards left to get, so these events are what's keeping the game interesting.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Hey emron thanks for the 33 points on the juggernaut tournament :smug:

Edit: yes I got up to 800 points and got a blue captain America. Just 1 more blue to go! And hopefully I get the 26-50 reward for the last one. I managed to get in a slap fight with the first place player. He would take 6 points from me. I would take 44 from him :getin:

The fact that you used a thor/storm/wolverine team to kill my thor/storm/wolverine team is the best illustration of pvp in this game ever.

(Good job, I think I've been attacked successfully like twice in the past three days)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like the new update is in. Half hourly heals hooray!

Weird, it's not there on mine. I also had like 15 minutes where I could do a lightning round and not get any points recorded. Just killing teams with level 1 iron men over and over for free iso.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

delfin posted:

You have to quit the app entirely (like, load something else to take up memory) and reload it for the changes to pop up. It's like when they changed the one mission in Unstable ISO.

Finally had a Daken show up and I'm not sure I'm keeping him. Wolverine X-Force, Black Widow Grey Suit and Daken are on the 1-skill bubble.

Doom, on the other hand, is at 2/3 and climbing and has some promise.

I really wish I had a Doom. He seems really good.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

gently caress.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So the usually is 600 coins for 5 bucks, right? So that's ~9 dollars for just one cover?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

50 bucks gets you 8500 coins, which buys you 7 spins on the Iron Man 40 guaranteed option. To get the full 13 covers to max out IM, with perfect luck, it would cost 14,300 coins. 20,000 coins costs $100.00

Totally reasonable.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My bracket is real bad this weekend. I'm in #1 with only 250.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

By the way, if you guys didn't know it, the 600 or 700 (I can't remember which) token reward for the model 40 tournament? The "model 40" token? It's for the cover set that's a guaranteed model 40. The one we were bitching about earlier.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Whoa, the 1000 point reward is 500 coins? That was a nice surprise. It looks like I'm going to get #1 on this tournament, possibly #2. Not much activity and nearly 200 points between me and third place.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Welp, got attacked for 156, all in the very last minute.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

With these buffs and a thor/wolverine/daken team, my yellow Thor skill hits for 4625, before strike tiles :stare:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

I finished in 2nd place! :woop: 1 of every Black (Grey) Widow, 250 iso and 100 coins!

Also just wiped out a team in Thornament with just one move cascade. :smug:

Same here, and this is easily the most fun tournament yet. Whomp fools for like 1500 damage for 6 red AP all day.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gallow posted:

If that's the case, perhaps keeping Model 40 Iron Man around for his yellow skill in the third slot may be a good idea.

I can't even attempt to start the next tournament because trying to retreat from 5th place down to 30 killed the majority of my collection. A really bad time for that new retreat damage feature to go in effect.

So far I've found it most useful to use two stockpile buffs and just one shot something on my first turn. I don't think stuff would live long enough for the countdowns to pop.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Went from 800 to less than 550 today. Goddamn... The Thournoment is harsh as hell.

I went from 1100 to 675 :negative:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

I have gotten wolverine yellow and Cstorm yellow from these lightning rounds. I am pretty happy about this. I just need 1 more green for a max wolverine. But I haven't gotten any 3* cards today.

I've gotten to 250 in the past two (the only 2 I've done this week), meaning I've gotten 4 tokens. Those tokens have given me:

1 Juggernaut red
2 Black Widow blue
1 Iron Man yellow

:(

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The diminishing returns on repeating fights means you're gonna need to keep fighting ragnarok + daken to place high. Oh, and daken is level 112. :getin:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Wait seriously? Wow x-men is a weird comic.

He gets it from his hat, which I know because of the classic youtube video "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thanks to these last few tournaments, my daken is 5/5 and almost level capped.