Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lots of Goomy in the OP. I approve.

fake edit: holy poo poo, Pinsir gets a Mega-evo? When did that get discovered? What does he look like? And Heracross too! Nice to see Tyranitar got confirmed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

You're missing Abomasnow and Medicham in the MegaPokemon list.

Missing what? Gosh, how many more Megas have I missed?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Argh, those MegaBugs rule!

sorry for posting so much on this page, I'm getting a bit overexcited

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Roller Skates rule. I don't know what black magic trainers use to skate up and down stairs, but that's great too.

First area with trainers is a forest of bug catchers and Pikachu is a rare encounter? Pow, right in the nostalgia.

Also this game is so pretty. :swoon: Fairy type is going to trip me up a lot for a while, I think. Well, got that adorable flower critter on the team, that helps. And of course the second I reached the first proper town I went and bought a hat. I'm a sucker for that kind of customisation.

edit: burmy what are you doing what are you hanging from what

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fairies are tripping me up already. drat you Ralts, Bite used to kill you off with ease! :argh:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wonder Trade is excellent. Nothing amazing turned up so far, but it's just fun being able to chuck something on and grab something random.

e: EXCEPT FOR CATERPIE, WHY WOULD I WANT TO TRADE A CATERPIE FOR A CATERPIE? gently caress OFF, CATERPIE!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Magneton! :getin: Right, that's enough of that for now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Momomo posted:

How do I download the Torchic? I've looked through the menus while playing but can't seem to find it.

On the title screen thingy, one of the options is Mystery Gift. That one.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Right, looks like I got past the Everything Uses Tackle Or Scratch phase. Time to put the battle animations back on.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, decided I couldn't wait any more. Grabbed a Goomy off the GTS, bred it to the Bagon I caught yesterday, and soon I'll have a lovely squishy dragon of my very own.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Urgh, Goomy in Poke Amie is so adorable I might die. :yayclod:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oops. Just got Fly, went back to check out older places for HM shenanigans. Discovered Route 22. Sorry, lovely trainers. I'm going to have to crush you all with Goomy.

Goomy still rules. I love it when the battle camera does a dramatic zoom in on his goofy face. :kimchi:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This game throws so many of the three stage dragon types at you. Think it's only Deino and Dratini who haven't popped up yet.

Also I fought a Shellder and it looked spectacular. See, even the older Pokemon are fun to discover now they've all been graphically overhauled. And Psyduck's new cry rules as well.

Finally, don't touch a Goomy's cheeks. They don't like it. :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You can buy Premier Balls now! :woop:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, was part way through the ice dungeon when I decided to do Pokemon Amie for a bit. Got carried away and blew the battery away. It's that drat yarn heading game. It's adorable and the music is ridiculously catchy, especially in fever mode.

Also if you touch Goodra's slimes your hand gets all gooey. :3: Best dragon.

Was pretty lucky with the evolution too. Started raining just as he hit level 49, evolved soon after.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why has no-on ever mentioned Spoink? It's an adorable little blue pig on a spring. A blue pig on a spring, people! :3:

Pokedex entry is one of the sad ones. Something like they die if they stop bouncing. :(

Also the guy in the scary house didn't get a tip for his stupid story he couldn't even get straight. There's no refrigerator in there, dumbass. :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Anyone who doesn't tip the dog is a monster. :colbert:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, diagonal movement takes the ice sliding puzzles and snaps them in half. :getin:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, Snover can finally have his proper name, Moomintroll! :toot:

edit: Sneasel has the best pose, holy poo poo.

People can probably guess where I just got to.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 15, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I see it's not possible to give Encounter Power to people. I can guess why. But drat that would be funny to inflict on random people.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

edit: That cutscene with "He was given a tiny coffin" during the big showdown against Team Flare was a hell of a thing :smith:.

Oh, I just did that bit. :(

Still, it cheered me up that I could get a photograph standing in front of the "Ultimate Weapon", looking bored.

Yveltal's signature attack rules. A big gently caress-off laser? Yes please. Seems odd it isn't Dark to take advantage of the Ability though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

999 heading points, motherfuckers! :hellyeah:

Also I sent out a couple of Haunters on Wondertrade. Hopefully that gets them to evolve too, because I was hoping to send some Gengarbuddies round the world.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm still raising my Blastoise's affection up, but got a chuckle from opening up Pokemon-Amie to find him leaning in from the side of the screen close-up in a goofy little "Hello!" way.

Aww, mine did that today as well. :3:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ahaha, Doublade just did the peek-a-boo thing. :kimchi:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have to ask, am I the only one who really finds the gym leader music awful?

I really like it in this one. I liked the B/W one as well, apart from the last pokemon bit. That bit is alright, but just not as good as the other for me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Um, I thought Noibat was supposed to be Victory Road only? One just jumped me in Terminus Cave.

Pyrotoad posted:

Gible eats poke puffs in one bite :kimchi: Any other pokemon do this?

There's a few that do it in two. Lapras and Tyrantrum are the only two I've found so far though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Lumios city is the absolute worst. The camera angles and character movement make it a pure frustration to navigate. Also there needs to be a way to check your current objective. I think the professor wanted me to meet him at a cafe or something but I can't remember and I can't find him anywhere.

It's the red cafe you want. If you fly to the centre Pokemon Center, you should be able to see it?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

By the looks of things, hopefully most of the different forms for Pokemon are ready to go once the Bank is up. So far I've found the Griseous Orb, a lady talking about Gracideas, some guy asking about Genesect, someone talking about Kyurem, a move tutor for Keldeo and Meloetta, and someone talking about the Reveal Glass.

And of course, the meteors. There's five of them. I hope this means what it suggests to me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I miss Eelektross's silly dance. :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Of course, Stunfisk makes up for everything.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, just remembered after seeing an Onix. I miss ridiculous hovering Steelix as well.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Finally, found another Old Amber to replace the Aerodactyl I traded much earlier on. Was worth it for early Goomy though. :3:

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

For what it's worth, I've been breeding goomy with a seviper and all the babies have turned up with poison tail, so there's an egg move for you that helps against fairies.

My Goodra has Sludge Bomb just for dealing with fairies. Can't remember where I found the TM though.

edit: make that two Ambers.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I traded a Pansage I got on the Wonder Trade yesterday. I got a Pansage. I think we both got hosed there. :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Brilliant. Just got a Poliwhirl with a King's Rock on Wonder Trade, and then an Eevee.

And a Gloom called Fugly.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 16, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Holy poo poo, Spiritomb looks amazing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, seeing as everyone else was doing it:

And the best battle background is Stickers. Pika-clones forever! Except Pikachu, gently caress that guy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Whoever wrote the Pokedex entries for Y really had a thing for wrestlers. I like to think they felt inspired by Hawlucha.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

High Hump Kick is a level 1 move for Blaziken, so go to the Move Relearner.

That sounds more like a Camerupt move to me. :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress you, Dragonair. You fucker.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kikas posted:

Also Ludicolos idle animation is the most :3: thing in the game.

Is it The Dance?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Brilliant, it is The Dance. Will have to use Ludicolo at some point now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, bitch about it on the internet works again! :toot: Finally snagged a Dragonair.

• Locked thread