Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Glad to see this thread back, Commie. I suppose being from CO you're enjoying this heat wave we're having in ATL right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
So given all this progress I suppose you didn't make it up for SoWo, commie?
Actually, since you're a transplant have you heard of it?
Huge vw/audi show an hour north in a Bavarian themed town called Helen. Straight shot off 985 and state roads.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

rscott posted:

Coworker of mine is driving back from SoWo right now.

This was my first year but I definitely plan on going back, it was a blast. Apparently some of the rowdier VAG guys threw some beers on and heckled a few Civics that were rolling down the strip but I didn't have any trouble in either my e46 or e30 other than BBS elitists pointing out that my wheels are fake.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

rscott posted:

My coworker was driving the bagged turbo beetle with the purple anodized wheels, don't know if you saw it

No, the only Beetle of note was the 3rd gen that a pretty well-done quick patina.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Having trouble acclimating to the heat, Commie? :banjo:

Today actually felt like summer for the first time this year. (Seriously though I hope you haven't died of heat stroke)

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Brief update and to keep this thread active:

We're moving into our new house on the 18th, and I'm going to purchase two Audi 5000 Quattro 10v Turbo's for parts for a move in gift for myself.

Expect more activity later this month!

Glad to hear you're back, commie, and congrats on the new house! Are you staying NorthOTP?

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Fart Pipe posted:

If you get one get an external mic also. The built in mic blows so much rear end.

Do you have to get gopro specific ones that hookup over WiFi or something? I've been wanting an external setup for mine but I also need to keep it in the waterproof case since I want to use it sailing.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

There is a Bluetooth microphone setup you can get for the GoPro: http://www.sena.com/product/cameras/bluetoothaudiopackforgopro/

That'd be your best bet, so that you can keep the camera sealed while still being able to have un-sealed audio input.

Cool, I'll look into that. Hopefully I can get one before SoWo. If I do you can definitely borrow it if we meet up.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
How is this going to affect your emissions since you're in the metro?

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

The car is too old for emissions, even the 90 is outside of the age for emissions testing.

The only car in our little fleet that gets tested is the 2002 Volvo XV70 XC

Oh yeah, forgot about the exemption. Carry on!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Stay strong, little obscure Audi!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

Follow up: Ordered the Refrigerant Control Valve and gaskets for an SD7V16 compressor.

Rebuilt mine with nothing but photos as a reference, refilled with oil, filled system with R152. HOLY CRAP COLD AC. It works! Now I can run my more fuel efficient vehicle to drive downtown instead of my fuel hungry performance car.

Just as it starts being 60 in the morning instead of 90! :D

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

We're prepping to have half the back yard leveled and a slab poured for just such things, as well as our driveway expanded and a possible roundabout if the county signs off on it.

You think gwinnett county is going to sign off on this in a residential area?

Also, my friends and I are planning a Helen driving day around the same weekend that SoWo was last year since we're not planning on going to Savannah this year since Chris' wedding is the beginning of April. I doubt we're spending the night, probably just be a day trip. I'll text you about it when I know more.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Is that fixture a T8? Lights up the whole garage really well.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Good job dude!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

I may have to give up cars as a hobby. Things just got really tight financially.

Here's hoping.

Oh no! Stay frosty, friend.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Commie, you know that green UR S4 has been for sale in Carrollton for like 2-3 years. I think you lucked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

So, the city has ticketed one of my vehicles in my driveway for being a 'Junk Vehicle'.

Said vehicle is registered, on tires, everything is on it. Its insured. Its tagged. But either way, I need to rush up the wiring harness install so I can drive the car to court and rub it in their faces.

You're not in unincorporated Gwinnett up that way?

• Locked thread