Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Sentinel Red posted:

Yay, best telly-related news in ages.

This and Miracleman in one year! Whats next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Medullah posted:

Dethlok was always kind of an anti-hero, right? Or am I thinking of Death's Head...

Deathlock is an anti-hero. I assume he will be programed to go against them, but he will fight it and join them. There is also a chance he will kill a member before he turns.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

Which ruins Deathlock's hook that the robot parts are the good personality and the human inside is homicidal and mostly evil.

Looking at the history most of Deathlock's human parts are good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Now he'll just have dreams of the actor playing himself going intangible and screaming and falling unconscious

If he waited a year the dream would be of a MASH actor pained green :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

What's the status with Kree and Skrull stuff in the MCU, anyway? My assumption when they said she was an 084 was one of those, but I'd assume Skrull is with the FF rights package?

Super Skrull is in the F4 package but regular Skrulls are not

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I guess Syfy wants is going to make a show based on DMZ. I've never read that, is it good?

It could be made into a really good show, but if its going to change a lot if its going to be on Syfy. I do not think that any channel wants to make a show where the Tea Party starts a civil war and New York becomes a DMZ.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Essen? That's thinking REALLY long term, especially if she's starting out outranking Jim. I'd have figured you hold that arc off until you get renewed and introduce her as his new partner. I mean, the character's most well known for an adultery storyline and being the second wife as a result of that, and you're starting out with him just engaged to the first one?

She did first appear in Year One.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

An annoying thing about the show was how they had multiple times where Sylar got redeemed but every single time they just turned him evil again.

That was due to him being the breakout star of the show, and they refused to get rid of him. They should have killed him off since he is a serial killer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Medullah posted:

Yeah, the original Sylar redemption arc was good and made sense. I would have rather they kept him as an anti-hero. Kept his motivation intact - he kills to steal powers, but have him only going after villains.

Heck, what they should have done was had Peter do the heel turn and become the big bad rather than having Sylar relapse. Would have even made sense - his empathy powers caused him to see things the way Sylar saw them.

That was another huge problem with heroes, they were all overpowered as gently caress. If they kept powers sort of small with huge threats being overpowered and therefore they all had to team up to stop them. However, nope they make most of the main characters stupidly powerful. I mean Peter and Sylar were as powerful or more powerful as Silver Age Superman. poo poo now I wish Peter was able to shoot out tiny Peters of his hands to help him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

That was all a symptom of the fact that the characters weren't supposed to stick around and that they were going to change up the cast every season.

Yeah, but midseason they should have known that it was not going to happen, and find a way to get the powers to a more managable level.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Urdnot Fire posted:

Probably the same reason people watched 10 seasons of Smallville.

People watched it for the moments that they would mention the Superman mythos or bring in a DC character. Heroes did not have any of those things. That is right Heroes is shitter than Smallville.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I saw all of Smallville and Heroes. I barely remember anything about Heroes. Perhaps for the best. I started thinking about it again and things are flooding back.

Do you remember West?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Nnnnngh. He was friends with Claire? Is that the same kid that could fly? Played by the kid who played John Connor on the Sarah Connor Chronicles?

Her flying boyfriend in season 2. You are mixing two characters up. One was not that bad and the kid who left the show for SCC. The other was loving West and one of the worst parts of season 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I still maintain that the worst part of season 2 was the South American siblings. That whole subplot was a huge waste of time.

The chick with the bleeding eyes that was never mentioned again after season 2? Season 2 still had the glorious moment where Peter left his irish girlfriend in the plague hellhole and never went back. So who knows what happened to her since ??

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Error 404 posted:

Maaaaayaaaaaaa!
Aaaaalllleeeejaaaaaannndrooo!

I thought they wasted a lot of potential with Micah's cousin (whatever her name was). Yeah a lot of it was :rolleyes: but I thought her power was cool and not too powerful, and they could have done something better than what they did.

Better than watching WWE and doing awful wrestling moves?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

IIRC, he had a quasi-coming out scene that actually did air on the show, where he talked about being "different" or something without using the words. NBC at the time was running text recaps of every episode on their website, and the description of the scene originally read something like "Zack tells Claire that he's gay."

Dekker's people made them change the text to something else. To this day, I think his defense is that he thought the character was intended to be straight and played him that way, and didn't want to "change" the character's sexuality midway through the run. Yeah.

I thought it was some bullshit that his manager told him playing a gay character would ruin his chances for future roles?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dexo posted:

Woah, lets not say things we can't take back.

The last couple of Smallville when it became JLA was not that bad. It had some lovely episodes, but it was watchable. That is more then could be said of Heroes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Smallville has Kristin Kreuk and Tom Welling. Heroes Season 1 only has Milo Ventimiglia.

Yes but John Glover and Michael Rosenbaum were always watchable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

It might be a good show by any other name but it seems to miss the point by a wide margin.

I remember reading it, and all I can remember is the Allred art. The series did have some good ideas, but they were not able to expand on them as it ended before it could flesh them out. The last trade reads like I was missing a couple of storylines as it had characters in places that did not follow from the last volume. For all you know some of the characters could still be there, but those characteristics will be revealed later.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Not to mention more Kord Industries!

Time for Max Lord!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Look what is coming out!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IGVJH0E/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Meanie, I thought that was gonna be the Batman '66 set!

That is coming later this year!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Medullah posted:

It would be the greatest coup since Riker's fake beard.

It is truly the greatest thing

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LorneReams posted:

As someone who was always confused by poo poo like how he breathes when he runs so fast, what is the answer?

Speed force = magic

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

That's just Hawk. For Diggle to be Hawkman they need to introduce a completely contradictory new backstory for him and reference the old backstory in the same episode.

Then the next episode go back to the first backstory, but by the end change it to a third.
I also thought Ollie's sister was Speedy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Probably a Kree.

A skrull. Have their been any cows on the show yet?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

So the season will end with an apperence of Lockjaw? The season could also end with Black Bolt appearing speaking and next season is just the Inhumans and Coulson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

3 more casts for Constantine, including female lead

I was kind of expecting Zatanna being here to be honest.

It reads like its a mix of Zatanna and the female lead from the movie. However, this is Constantine so expect her to die by the season finale.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Liv isn't a preexisting character, right?

Oh, and stop making Chas not a regular schlub. It misses the point.

The show should show how John and Chaz met, evil monkey and all.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If AOS want to be loyal to the Marvel tradition they need to fight at a circus. :colbert:
Also if they are using acronym they need to use M.O.D.O.K :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

What I really don't get about all this "oh god Skye's going to become Captain Marvel" doomsaying is the obvious fact that, well, Coulson can't loving fly or shoot fist lasers. We have walking, talking proof of what Tube Guy's organ juice or whatever can do, so just calm the gently caress down.

He just have the super power of cuddling with the elderly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

xposting from TVIV but while there have been a lot of rumors surrounding TVD star Steve McQueen being cast as Nightwing in Arrow, the actor himself said he's been in talks.
http://television.cosmicbooknews.com/content/steven-mcqueen-confirms-nightwing-talks-arrow-video

Too bad about his weakness to barbwire fences.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

What about H.E.R.B.I.E.?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Here's the ~promo~ picture of Constantine.

No complaints.

(Though he really should be smoking)

Notice how one hand is dark. It could be they are unsure if they can have him smoking at this point, so they are not showing the Silk Cut.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tuxedo Jack posted:

No mustache? :ohdear:

Seriously though, there is literally nothing to gleam about the show from that picture... Other than, he's obviously made Detective by now, since he's not in blues, and no mustache...

He just wants to ask people if they want it on or off

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

Here's my pitch for Gotham

Gotham: Thomas Wayne is a spoiled trust fund baby until he meets Martha Finger, a fellow med student whose family grew up with nothing. Martha introduces Thomas to a whole other side of Gotham when she brings him to Leslie Thompkins's clinic on the bad side of town. The show follows the Thomas and Martha trying to help the meek of America's most corrupt city as their unlikely romance blooms. You can add some corporate intrigue, explain how they first meet Alfred, have them run afoul of the mob, and even have some Gordon guest appearances. Their first kiss would be in Crime Alley because of metaphors or something.

Would their nemesis be one Robert Kane? A buisnessman who steals from people he works with, and tosses them out on their asses and takes credit for all their work?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

Yo, that's to on the the nose. Cain Powers would be a usurper who shows up in Season 2 to try to steal Wayne Industries from beneath a dying Wayne Senior, causing Thomas to align himself with a young Lucius Fox to rise to the occasion and preserve his family's legacy. So, Cain will be like a biblical reference and a gently caress you to Bob Kane for stealing people's legacies at the same time. You have to make this poo poo like barely subtle, but still attempt at being subtle. That's the CW way.

I was just going off of what he had as Martha Wayne's madien name,

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

e X posted:

Honestly Dark Reign was a pretty great idea, but pretty much like all Marvel events, it was pretty lackluster in its execution. Well, at least we got a pretty great Ares mini out of it.

Dark Avengers was awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Eh, all Chas should know about the supernatural is that it exist and the dark art of the tire iron.

Also his mom had an evil monkey that John took care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

It explains a lot, though by no means all, of the series' problems to date, especially in the first half of the season - not just the absence of HYDRA, but also its odd lack of interest in the broader SHIELD organization, whether its morality (remember those earlier episodes where Skye expresses concern only to be convinced of their righteousness by the end?), its structure and history (the SHIELD Academy episode being the sole exception of note), or Team Coulson's relationship to it (why exactly are they so important that they get their own plane and a significant degree of autonomy)?

That said, it certainly doesn't excuse any of the show's flaws. Nor does it retroactively make previous episodes better, in large part because it's painfully obvious that the showrunners, for fear of spoiling TWS, weren't given the freedom to foreshadow TWS in anything but oblique and indirect ways until last week's episode.

I really hope rest of the reason is them dealing with the fact one or two of them work for hydra and figuring out what next. They really should have started the show after the movie or have the first have you get to know the characters and second half blow it up