Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
For Arsenal, the red hoodie really worked better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Opopanax posted:

:vince:
I'd rather they bring back the cartoon but that still owns

The cartoon had some great poo poo under a layer of bad cartoon crap. The live action had great poo poo with the most awkward live action crap around at the time.
The funeral episode was great tho. And for I hope they get Nestor Carbonell back.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

muscles like this? posted:

I could see him guest starring in a couple of episodes. Also going to have kind of a downer of an ending because you know no matter what they fail to stop Hydra infiltration of SHIELD.

It will also be a downer because the entire cast will die of old age, but I guess they'll win WWII, so that will be cool.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I was surprised at how many folks Cold killed, but the acting seemed right.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I know that heroes without limits is DC's thing, but Flash would be better off out took just a bit of effort for him to be fast

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Yeah, Constantine is a great argument for why fans should have a place running shows. Arrow went a Batman direction and worked, Constantine went a bland direction and nobody there seemed to get the character

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Every episode of Gotham should have Donal Logue tell someone "you are quite the JOKER" while winking at the camera.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
S Preacher TV show is one of the few things that makes me wish I was a dumb kid again.
I appreciate it, not sure I'll be able to watch it.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Aphrodite posted:

Because they couldn't use Ted Kord, but they already had their stories planned out.

Did Ted Kord ever had energy beams? I thought he was just a smart guy with a flying car or something

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
A Diggle Green Lantern would pretty much be Hellboy in space, and that would be awesome.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

notthegoatseguy posted:

So is there some backstory to why Faraci is to be taken with a grain of salt? Does he have an ax to grind with Daredevil producers or Marvel?

I think the questing is why to trust him. It's a pretty unsubstantiated remark

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I too think that Daredevil is too nice

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Heroes for hire that somehow avoids Cage and Rand.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
There's something neat to be done with someone who looks like a spoiled rich white guy, but actually grew up a minority in rural magic Asia. But I haven't seen that aspect really used, and if they aren't going to do anything with his race then they can pick any race.

Have they said who's playing Fat Cobra?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Is it too late to make Daredevil black?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

SirDan3k posted:

Nobody but comic nerds like that Ollie, so no.

Counterpoint, everyone who knows that Ollie likes him.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I want to see Parks and Rec and Swamp Thing

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Medullah posted:

I agree completely about him being shoehorned into the island. I groaned when I saw the blonde hair. I was hoping he'd end up strolling into the city because he sensed Sarah's revival, and after the mandatory hero vs hero fight he'd help restore her soul. Instead we got Deus Ex Constantina. But I got another episode of Hellblazer so I'm happy.

Constantine should have been Oliver's dealer in high school.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Aphrodite posted:

So maybe he's Silver Age Superman.

They should have background news stories mentioning superman using his super absorbent hair and other silver age feats

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

TwoPair posted:

Speaking of the third time Kilgrave escaped, I really don't understand what the purpose of Jessica's neighbors was. I think they're supposed to be comic relief, but the show's tone is never overtly funny and holy poo poo is nothing they ever do funny. So Ruben's there to die I guess, because Jessica doesn't feel bad enough and the viewers haven't grasped after 6 episodes that Kilgrave's a hosed up guy, but Robin's there to... make me hate her? I just don't get it.

I'm not going to spoiler this answer because it is thematic stuff about a show that's been out for a while. The show is a huge examination of abusive relationships, and the neighbors are there to show that abusive relationships are not necessarily boyfriends abusing girlfriends. I also thought "He can't even tie his own shoes without my permission." was the funniest line of the series, but the part you mentioned was pretty dumb.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I'm giving up on Legends of Tomorrow after two uninteresting episodes. There's no great plot, style, or charisma to get me interested. It is like action figures getting smashed together.
Is Agent Carter any good? I ended up wandering away from the first season, but I didn't really dislike it

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I think it's been about a year since we heard anything about the Wicked + Divine TV show. Does that mean it is dead? Has anyone been hired to work on it?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Forgive Barry all you want, but the writers sure as poo poo should have figured out something better.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
They did a fabulous job having Kilgrave be technically honest but completely disingenuous and self centered. Sometimes this is done pretty blatantly, like the way he says he never told Jessica to kill the woman, just to "take care of her", and some ways it is a bit more subtle/questionable, like the way he never reveals anything about himself unless it will give him an advantage.

He's a manipulator who will never lie about facts so that he can say he's the most honest person around. He will say whatever his to his advantage when he talks about non-facts, like interpretations and feelings.

I think, just given my own experiences, this is a real tactic manipulators use, so if you fall for it you should be careful. Regarding his powers being some kind of curse, he was pretty good about not using his power on Jessica when he knew it wouldn't work. He even told her he was doing it because he wanted her to choose to be with him.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Bruceski posted:

Was it removed or is my browser acting up or something?

I just see that is taken down, too

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Should have killed young Bruce Wayne in episode 2 and make it obvious the show has no rules

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Has Loeb been involved in anything bad since Heroes?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

ToastyPotato posted:

With 3, they could do DD, JJ and LC in 2018. Personally, I don't think Iron Fist needs his own show on a yearly basis. I think JJ and LC season 2 should set up Heroes for Hire, and then in 2019 the three shows could be merged opening up the schedule for other stuff.

Doesn't Punisher have his own show too?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Man, I was hoping against hope for Iron Fist to be an immigrant story. Both as a white guy growing up in Asia, and a guy coming to America for the first time. Sad stuff.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
It's only ok if Iron Fist's theme song is "Stop draggin' my heart around"

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

howe_sam posted:

I enjoy literally every character in Iron Fist but Danny.

Show should have been Meet the Meachums, with Danny as the wacky neighbor.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

zoux posted:

One of those voodoo analytics outfits is saying Iron Fist is the second "biggest hit" out of the Marvel Netflix shows.

I watched it all, but that's because I was doing my taxes.
It's pretty bad. Finn Jones was not the right guy for the role. The final episode is hilarious, but I'm pretty sure that was unintentional. I do like the running joke about Danny being just incompetent.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
You guys one episode of Legion is better than all the good parts of Iron Fist put together. It is the show I watch and then watch again.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Rhyno posted:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

WHOA

You're clearly not watching Legends of Tomorrow where they just confirmed Jesus Christ to be a real person in CWverse continuity.

I bring Aubrey Plaza to the fight and you bring Jesus? I'm feeling good (bit of a spoiler)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Loved the book, but my desire to watch post-apocalyptic anything has dropped dramatically over the past 18 months.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

ilikedirt posted:

There were a few background references to kang the conqueror

I completely missed this, what was it?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

site posted:

i assume alien because of the quick flash to the skrulls when it powered up

This makes a ton of sense. Also helps lead in to secret invasion

And while the power and origin are different, the character herself is basically the same. They kept the important parts from the comics.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Have they said how far the first season of Sandman goes? I thought most of the Corinthian stuff was in book 2 at least.

Also, it looks like Patton Oswalt is now the main author of Season of Mists, confirming that this is the worst timeline.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Just started watching Paper Girls. I read the comic but didn't love it, and I think the series is correcting some of the flaws in the comic. Could be that the comic just works better in trades vs issues.
Either way, a fine watch (I'm only on episode 3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Opopanax posted:

Paper Girls was really good but It felt like a lot of setup, nothing has been resolved and now I have to wait who knows how long for more

Definitely feel like it petered out at the end. Most of the character stuff was really good and well done, but the plot parts kind of couldn't keep up.