Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Oh my god. This is gonna be awesome. I wonder where it'll air (read: pleaseplease oh god don't be edited/censored to hell and gone).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Soylentbits posted:

This is by the Arrow team right? You'll get that scene in episode 5 and he'll be running around the world to build up speed to rip braniac apart by episode 10.

Season 1 finale will be breaking the light barrier.

Season 2, will be a time travel arc where he has to help his past-self, but can't let his past self see or know ala Quantum Leap, nudging a badguy here, doing some small semi related thing there, all of which ties in with little things sprinkled all through season 1 episodes where it's like "BOY, IT SURE IS A LUCKY COINCIDENCE THAT *THING* JUST HAPPENED IN EXACTLY THIS WAY WINK WINK* culminating in a climactic Season 2 showdown with Professor Zoom, where Barry finds out he is pre-destined to kill his mother or else millions of people/the whole world will die because he never becomes the Flash. *cue a call back to the scene in the pilot where she says it's better to have a good heart than fast legs blah blah*
Season 2 will end on a cliffhanger

Season 3 will open up back in an altered present where Barry managed to save his mom, but she turns out to be a super hosed up villain from Flash's rogue's gallery...

Edit: oh god this is gonna be the new 'Superman beats Bizarro to death while crying' isn't it?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 27, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

Just saw it; am hype as gently caress.

Yeah, I can see why the studio leaked it to try and build buzz, it has some flaws akin to the first couple eps of Arrow, but it's the loving Flash, man.

*posts page after page of nothing but :flashfap: repeating.*

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MrFlibble posted:

So hey, looks like another DC comics based shows pilot has leaked (Constantine) if you're plugged into the hip underbelly of the internet.

Is it just the script or a full :flashfact:?
because just from the previews, I am so hype for constantine!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BrianWilly posted:

Geez. Well I did complain about that actress, but I sure didn't expect them to pull such a drastic move at this point.

They're gonna have to reshoot nearly the entire thing. The whole plot was about Liv.

Or just re-shoot a couple scenes, or hell just cut a couple scenes and add one at the end where Constantine and chas are driving away and john says "welp, now that's been sorted, moving on." and she becomes just another character who is target of the monster of the week.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

gently caress YES.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

Coming next fall: The Kents

Jonathan and Martha Kent struggle to run a profitable organic farm now that mega farm corporation Lexanto has moved into town and is planting GMOs that are just bizzaro. Jonathan sometimes looks at the stars and wonders if there's anything out there.

So, Smallville then?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just reread David Mack's "Echo: Vision Quest" story from Daredevil (a fill-in arc during Bendis and Maleev's run), and now I can't help but wonder if Rosario Dawson was cast as Echo in the Daredevil series, rather than Elektra. Mack painted Echo to look so much like Rosario Dawson that he had to have used her as a photo reference.

I hope so, I like Echo a hell of a lot more than Elektra.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, it wasn't so bad they should all never make anything again, but it was definitely flawed and they should keep trying.

I thought the 'fighting the same two stunt guys' was really funny, I'm still laughing about it. Get those guys some wigs or something at least. Haha.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Also, why are all of the Catering Company's waiters skilled martial artists willing to die for some Senator who's up for reelection? I mean, voting for an incumbent is hard enough to sell, but dying for him? Jeez. The dude had a machine gun and a sword, just run?

I didn't think anything could make that scene funnier, but holy poo poo you're right.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How soon we forget the brave sacrifice of Rasta Catering Dude

I stand corrected, they need a greater variety of wigs.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

Its to make him a better hero by teaching him to wear a cup.

Have you ever tried to really run in those things? It's less painful, less often, to just take the occasional sack tap.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I hope there's some other way to watch Powers than through Playstation.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jng2058 posted:

Could be a double blind, though. Like:

Timeline One - Flash lives and saves world from the Crisis.

Timeline Two - Thawne goes back in time, kills Barry's mom, steals his girlfriend, and prevents Barry from becoming the Flash, world is destroyed by Crisis.

Timeline Three - Just before the world blows up, Wells goes back in time. He replicates the accident that creates the Flash, and is trying to shepherd him to a place where he'll save the world, and he's willing to kill to do so. This is the timeline we're in now.

That's very Back to the Future. I like it, and I hope they do this or something like it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

DynamicSloth posted:

...and they didn't specifically show Ward kill any of them.

They didn't show Ward kill a dog or bone Agent May last season either! :byodood:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, guys, haven't seen much chatter, but how is Constantine?

I quite like it.
It's a bit shaky in spots, but the lead carries the whole thing quite well. They've been able to pull off some pretty cool effects on what I imagine is not much budget. There's quite a few nods to the comics, and even one of the annoying bits (can't show john smoking on a primetime network show) gets subverted in clever ways a lot of the time.

I'd rate it a B right now, with plenty of potential to get better as everyone settles into things.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Hakkesshu posted:

Talbot was not killed off and he's no doubt going to be a factor again this season.

They mean mister eats-his-steak-in-an-empty-warehouse

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Metal Loaf posted:

I've never watched the old Hulk TV series (the one with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno), but I saw it on DVD at half-price in a shop recently. What's it like?

It's not bad, half price for it on DVD isn't bad either.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

Also if I was Superman I'd kill the poo poo out of General Zod so eat that MoS haters :colbert:

Sure, but would you also beat Bizarro to death while crying? This is important.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

Eating is a miserable task for an actor because of how gross prop food can get (spit buckets exist for this reason) so I can understand why they choose to let that be something that is now assumed after referencing it once.

I really liked when they had a bunch of empty plates or donut boxes. It seemed a good compromise, and had utility as a comedic beat.

They should do more of that.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

While it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead, NBC declined to order more episodes of Constantine, and won't produce three extra scripts they ordered earlier in the season.

Goddammit nbc.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, it's a bad sign, but not as bad as it once was. Plenty of shows only do 13 episode seasons these days.

It's probably a goner, though. At least Flash (hurrah!) and Gotham (I guess) are pretty much shoe-ins to be renewed.

I'd gladly sacrifice gotham for more constantine.
The show isn't amazing, but I like the guy playing john and think he nails it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Waterhaul posted:

I'd say more time travel than going super, super fast.

Yeah, I'm betting really hard on time travel.

He wanted the other super scientist's device that makes tachyons.
He states in the explanation to Det. West that Tachyons :techno: gently caress with time.:techno:
He engineers the circumstances to get his hands on that device.
(though exactly how he pulled off the being in two places at once and beating himself up trick is mysterious. If he did it with time travel, then why does he need to steal the time travel particle generating machine? Pre-destination paradox? if not time travel, :wtc:)
That's what that weird machine he put on the chest of his costume at episode's end was about.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

But Wells is definitely trying to preserve the future right? He seemed distraught when the newspaper changed from Flash saving the world to Flash disappearing and the red sky continuing. It would seem that something happened where the Flash's past was messed up, and Wells went back to fix it, by any means necessary.

What if it is a twist on Flashpoint Paradox? What if for some reason, Barry started loving with time, eventually culminating in saving his mom, which prompts Wells to go back in time and keep Barry on track to save the world, including preventing Barry from saving his mom and insuring that she dies?

:psyduck:

I'm just trying to reconcile how he can be trying to save the world and kill Barry's mom at the same time.

Maybe Barry's dad really did do it, Barry goes back and stops it and Wells went back to stop him from stopping it?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

SirDan3k posted:

Maybe the old Flash show happened but Reverse Flash's time travel broke the timeline making Barry's dad not become the Flash and never met Dr Whosit that showed up in the episode.

I like your idea better.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

Is it the web series from a while back that follows some recruits in training as a Covenant force invades the planet they're on or whatever? I remember thinking that it had some pretty good production values for what it was when I watched it.

And apparently Ridley Scott is involved in some way.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Metal Loaf posted:

Also said Arrow/Flash crossovers will be a kind of JLA/JSA style annual event.

gently caress yes

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

Supergirl is cast, Melissa Benoist of Whiplash and Glee.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208#!/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-754208

I know nothing about her but she certainly looks the part.

I'm not super impressed with her acting so far, but I'm cautiously optimistic here because I trust the arrow/flash people (they're the ones doing tge show, right?) and also she may just need a big role to stretch out with.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Angry Walrus posted:

When she turns out to be amazing in the DC role like Gustin did, I'm not going to be happy being forced to thank Ryan Murphy for the current state of superhero television.

I wouldn't worry. They both weren't cool til after glee.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Aphrodite posted:

I would think if you audition for Supergirl you're prepared to dye your hair.

This, but at the same time, hair color is probably not a big deal compared to whatever adaptations or changes from comics to screen. It's probably a coinflip until we know more.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Dominic Purcell isn't much in the acting department, but goddamn if his voice isn't Supervillain 101.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

VDay posted:

I thought he was perfectly fine as a dude who is obviously crazy. I can kind of see how some people think he was just awkward and stilted, but I thought it fit the character.

I don't actually have anything against him, I was just trying to illustrate that his voice is more of a draw for me than his acting. He just has 'the voice' for being a great villain.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chaos Hippy posted:

He's basically just a larger than average Canadian in the middle of an angry bender.

So he's a hockey fan?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

Rumor mill: Constantine to SyFy, will change name to Hellblazer.

Fingers crossed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

muscles like this? posted:

You can't trust the marketing for the show, its been consistently garbage that misrepresents what's going on.

So the marketing makes it look coherent and well written? Weird.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jscolon2.0 posted:

Fox already had a police procedural starring Satan and it was called Brimstone. But that was amazing and shortlived and this will be terrible and probably go on forever like Gotham.

That show was awesome and way ahead of its time.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

Goodish news for Constantine fans.

I sincerely hope they pull this off. Constantine wasn't perfect, but it was pretty good.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

In a stroke of inspired casting, Rudy from Misfits is cast as Cassidy in AMC's Preacher. It's basically perfect.

This makes me ridiculously happy. Like, I've just gone from "maybe I'll see this" to "I'm probably gonna see this."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

So, how's Powers?

On the one hand, it's got really bad effects regardless of budget, and it wallows in cliche.

On the other hand, it's loving awesome, the first ep suffers from pilot syndrome, but the momentum just keeps building from there.

Eddie Izzard as super powered Hannibal Lecter = :swoon:

Basically, it's not as good as flash, or arrow, or even shield at times, but goddamn it's pretty fun to watch. At it's best it has kind of an Alphas vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

Well two comic book shows with husbands pointing guns at their wives this week. Really unsettling. I hope we don't really have to go this dark on a regular basis.

What was the other one?