Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

What exactly do you guys think is the second body in the sky if she's on the moon?

Ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

All those people who said it would have been better as an HBO series are going to have their chance to be proven right perhaps.

Also, lol at Warner/HBO passing up basically every other DC/Vertigo series to remake Watchmen.

It's too little too late, and I certainly don't want Snyder to be involved again. We don't really need more Watchmen adaptations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's a good concept for a show

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If they're gonna make anything related to Moon Knight it's almost assuredly going to be based on Ellis' run, it'd be stupid not to, it's the first time anyone has given two shits about that character in like over a decade.

I would rather want that than an Iron Fist show personally, but hey I'll take both

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 14, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Now they just need to add Boston Legal: She-Hulk in there

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Powers Boothe is joining Agents of SHIELD as Gideon Mailick. Are they going to start revealing the shadow people from Avengers?

That's neat, mostly because Powers Boothe is gnarly as gently caress

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Can we just ban Rich Johnston from this entire subforum by proxy?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

There's not a lot of the comics in that trailer in terms of direct adaptations of specific scenes, really. They build him up to be a horrifying mastermind ("the devil") whereas I always got the sense that in the comic he was just some petty insane criminal that was just extremely powerful. You get the sense that someone like Tennant could manipulate his way to the top of the white house if he wanted.

Either way it's really effective, getting hype.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

I'm still slightly annoyed that Kilgrave isn't actually purple, because I guess that doesn't fit the tone of the GROUNDED AND REALISTIC NETFLIX MARVEL UNIVERSE, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

I think there's a strong danger that putting Tennant in purple make-up would just make the character look ridiculous and/or comedic. Based on the trailer I'm guessing the purple comes into play when he uses his powers, like maybe his victims start seeing everything with a colour filter.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Vs. and Planet Hulk were both very good, I thought. I liked them better than some of the recent DC ones I've seen for sure.

Marvel are so weird about animation, you wouldn't think it'd be a problem pumping out quality stuff considering they're owned by loving Disney.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

It would be cheaper to produce, the guy is already cast, and they've already seen him on screen, so it makes sense 100%. I honestly didn't think Iron Fist (Or Luke Cage) needed their own Netflix shows to begin with. They should have just had Heroes for Hire together.

Agreed.

(they should do an Ellis-style Moon Knight show instead)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That episode of SHIELD was great. Fitz/Simmons are really the best actors on the show.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Was that just a 30 second gag though and he'll never appear on the show again?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That show is nothing but half measures

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The further it gets from the comics the better as far as I'm concerned. Though the trailer isn't getting me particularly amped. Great cast though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's AMC, they're probably gonna stick to the broad strokes of the comic, but unless it's a huge failure, they're gonna stretch it as far as they can so be prepared for a lot of poo poo that isn't in the comics.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

God it looks soooo goooood

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Netflix licensing is and forever will be an arcane mystery

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

JJ is great but man I hate the opening theme. Wish they had used the one from the trailers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I loved the DD theme and remember it fondly

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I think my dad once got to the third or fourth guy but that was as far as it went.

AoS Mockingbird is oddly not horrible, I'm quite enjoying her so far.

She's one of the better characters for sure. I still can't get over how loving huge she is

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I have to assume the showrunners of Dexter were intentionally looking to make something awful during those last seasons. I don't know how else to explain it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I was not that into this season of SHIELD mostly because the whole May/Blair Underwood plot was boring as hell, but these last few episodes were really good. It was weird that there were basically no action scenes in the final episode, but that seemed like a pacing thing more than a budget thing since everything moved so quickly. They introduced Bobbi's weird magnetic batons in the previous episode so they gotta have plans there.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dengar that mummy gently caress

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

The Bobbi/Hunter AoS spin off is back on.

I really don't understand why they keep trying to make this a thing. I like AoS a lot and think they have a good dynamic but there's no way in hell they can carry their own show, it's like if they made a Worf spin-off or something...

Oh

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think it would most definitely benefit from shorter seasons, but it's been consistently good despite that

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Do the ratings still suck? I'm worried we won't get a season 3.

Hayley Atwell signed onto some other show which is probably a bigger factor than the ratings

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Jessica Jones was decent and enjoyable, but it also highlighted the difference in philosophy between Marvel TV and DC TV. Marvel TV, unlike Marvel Studios and DC in general, seems to be ashamed of being comic related a lot of the time, and goes out of its way to "de-comic" itself whenever it can. Daredevil was the best so far, and season 2 could easily be better. SHIELD is still a mess though it is far better than it was before.

Both Daredevil and JJ are exceedingly faithful to the comics though, they just so happens to be comics that aren't like other superhero comics.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

JJ removed a lot of comic bookish elements in favor of isolating the character and making things less fantastical. Thankfully the show was still good because the story was good, but it did try to make things "realistic" relative to comics. DD was straight forward and pretty comic booky (but the character is pretty straight forward in general), which is probably why it was so successful an well liked.

The only major stylistic change I can think of was the colour of Purple Man, which is not really a big deal. Obviously Carol Danvers and Cap and Rick Jones don't show up, but for instance the way they handled Nuke on the show is arguably more comic book-y and fantastical than most of the actual comic itself.

Edit: Hell, even Purple Man, with all the science experiment stuff to explain his backstory, all that stuff is super comic book-y and also not present in the comic.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 19, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

He doesn't have a big part on Game of Thrones or anything but he's done a good job. I hope his American accent is better than Charlie Cox's

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Why would they talk about inhumans in a movie that has nothing to do with inhumans

Do people really want the movie to stop so Tony Stark can mention the fish oil incident

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If they can make a good show where they cut out all the worst Ennis bullshit then all the better. That's all I'm hoping for.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 15, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Also it's Ennis.

gently caress

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I don't think they could do a compelling 13 episode series of the Punisher.

Watching him being the best loving thing about this season I definitely have way more faith in him being able to carry a show than Luke Cage who was a total wet fart throughout most of JJ

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 20, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The last two episodes of DD S2 were just kind of really bizarre in terms of direction. I felt the whole show just kept getting better and better up until that point, after which there was just kind of a large tonal whiplash and it became really goofy.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought they did explain the hole? Wasn't there a whole bit about how they used the old railroads further below ground to enter the city without anyone noticing? I figured it was just that.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

it definitely seems like there were weird production issues surrounding that last episode. Why the gently caress did they tease the minigun if he was never gonna use it

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So how did the Guardians cartoon end up being? I remember people being really positive on the first couple of episodes but then nothing. I looked it up and they had an Inhumans episode and everything, I kinda wanna check it out.

edit: sorry forgot there's an animation thread

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 19, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

The original pitch was Game of Thrones but on Krypton.

I have never wanted to watch anything less than this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I just learned that there's a currently running Spider-Man cartoon, in its third season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_(2017_TV_series)

I gave up on the last one that was about high school Avengers or whatever, it was dogshit. Is this one any good? The art is not bad, though it looks like they're still doing the weird cheap background poo poo.