Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Interesting that Marvel has had (at least) two evil baseball players who throw things with impeccable accuracy. That's Boomerang's origin, too. Has ol' Fred Myers ever gone up against Bullseye?

In a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Wow looks like they got Uncle Iroh from Avatar to guest this season at 1:10

That's the Sensei. He was in the first season.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BrianWilly posted:

...I swear that I didn't come into life wanting to say this phrase all the time, but...why is Cyborg even here?

I don't know, he seems kind of redundant with Robotman.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mllaneza posted:

I don't see a Young Justice thread, so I'll mention this here.

The first drop of three episodes is very good. They're digging hard on the metahuman trafficking, and setting up long-term conflict with UN Sec'y General Lex Luthor. Should be a great season.

We were talking about it in the animation thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784240&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=95

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of wish Russo was a bit more scared up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I am still wondering what the deal with that Seal is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhyno posted:

So I'm watching Young Justice: Outsiders and I'm confused. I thought the new DC animated films were in continuity with the show but there's some pretty clear conflicts. Did they drop the connection or did I imagine it even existed?

It was your imagination. Young Justice has more in common with the Pre New 52 DC Universe as well. But it's largely turned into its own thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

I assume that's actually a plotline from the comics?
I remember that Mento adopted Beast Boy and was the only survivor of the original team. Also he was a rich rear end in a top hat.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I always knew Doom Patrol as that whole team that got killed until I heard of Morrison’s run.

I think the original team may still be dead? Not sure.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's kind of a shame as DC Universe looks like it was just getting a massive line up of comics.

Which I could not pay for cause I am Canadian. Seriously it's biggest problem is it being America exclusive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

David D. Davidson posted:

Actually they were just inspired by the characters, Moore never actually intended to use them. Which is why they're they're names are so thematic. Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, Ozymandias etc.

Oh yeah but their inspiration was clear. Other then that I thought Nite Owl was Batman.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

Ben Schwartz is the WOOOORRRRSST.

Whats wrong with him?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

theironjef posted:

Adam Warlock. Some showrunner got real sick of Gunn teasing him.

It's kind of amazing he was never around for the Thanos stuff given that he was Thanos's big opponent in the comics.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhyno posted:

There was also a Harper in Gotham Central, related to Jim Harper the Guardian.

In Young Justice they're all related. If your name is Harper you're family.

Also comic Roy is a descendant of Vandall Savage.

In Young Justice every single Meta Human is a descendant of Vandal Savage.

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

I'm sorry what

It's not that impressive guy has had thousands of kids who had kids of their own.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is this the show where Harvey Dent has a kid named Dualla Dent?

Not as far as I know. Though Dualla Dent is a figure in the comics for years.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

theironjef posted:

Duella Dent's deal is claiming to be the daughter of all sorts of Batman villains, right? She's not just Two-Face 2, she was introduced as the Joker's daughter and has also been Penguin, Riddler, and Scarecrow's daughter?

Or wait did she get fully redone by New 52?

I think originally she was just a crazy lady who claimed to be the daughter of various villains. Then she was made into the actual Daughter of Harvey Dent, but from a different universe where he was not evil. I think as of new 52 she's just a crazy lady and is not related to Two-Face.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 14, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Aww no Kitty.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I for one prefer if the new Spider-Man series is not related to the MCU. It lets the series not be bound by the movies and allows it to do it's own thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Endless Mike posted:

Sandman Episode 5 is the adaptation of "24 Hours" and is a pretty straightforward adaptation. If you have an aversion to gore, probably skip the middle third.

John Dee / Dr Destiny is much less evil however. (He also lacks his comic versions inability to dream so does not have a ghoulish appearance. )

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Madkal posted:

At the end of Sandman episode 4 it was quite surprising to see Dee spare Rosemary's life and give her the protection amulet. I was expecting him to keep it and was wondering if that was Corinthian's plan as well as Corinthian figured that if Dream attacked Dee Dream would be hosed

Should note this was a notable change. In the comic as Dee goes over his backstory, and Rosemary sympathizes with him, he thanks her then shoots her anyway when she drops him off cause he's an evil piece of poo poo. Then he goes to the dinner and tortures a bunch of people purely because he can. But show Dee lacks comic Dee's big issue namely his inability to Dream and thus sleep, which heavily messed him up.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 9, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the comics Dream is outright thankful towards Dee for what he did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

STAC Goat posted:

The season 2 finale felt like it was maybe getting where I could enjoy it and the it pulled a really silly curve and I’m about 50/50 that I’m not bothering going on. I think I’m mostly over my flu too so no more mindless hours in bed watching junk to consume it. At least no more than usual.

My biggest issue with Season 2 is that Deathstroke was kind of wasted. He just gets stabbed at the start of the season 2 finale and that's the end of him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder if Young Justice will be saved again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well normally Lois, Clark, and Jimmy are two of his actual reporters and a photographer respectively. Here they are Interns.

Edit:beaten on this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
General Lane is probably the villain of the current MAWS season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh I thought she already had those but didn’t like to use them cause she can’t use telepathy at the same time.