Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

DynamicSloth posted:

I like Arrow fine, but I don't really get the point of naming a character Tommy Merlin or Speedy when they have nothing in common with comic character of that name.

The point of naming him Tommy Merlyn is so that he can be related to that other Merlyn. :flashfact:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Cast Lacey Chabert as Zatanna again, and all is well with us again DC TV.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

e X posted:

Eh, you can skip the first season just fine. Yes, it's pretty good but if your interest lies with the second season, you are not going to miss much.

This is awful advice. A lot of things in the second season are payoffs to things in the first. And while the pace has accelerated, even the worst parts of season 1 are over pretty quickly.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

ToastyPotato posted:

How is Universal allowed to squat on the rights to Namor? Everyone else has to release X number of films or whatever within a period of time or forfeit the rights.

Namor rights are probably buried within the FF4 or X-Men character packages.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Bullock is reportedly Donal Logue. Amazing news for me and the other Terriers fan.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

hi liter posted:

Didn't want to being up comics chat in the TVIV Arrow thread, but does DA Spencer mean anything to anyone? Could it possible be this character who I had never heard of until someone in io9's comment section pointed it out?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunter_(Kate_Spencer)#Fictional_character_biography

Also, how many non-JL teams have had more than one member appear on Arrow as of the most recent episode?

Remember though that the show does do homage names but then drastically reinterprets the character (namely Sin, Yao Fei, Ivo, Shado, Blood, Lyla, etc.)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

What's the status with Kree and Skrull stuff in the MCU, anyway? My assumption when they said she was an 084 was one of those, but I'd assume Skrull is with the FF rights package?

Apparently the Chitauri and Skrulls are now different, for reasons. I wonder if wanting to use them in the Avengers means anything.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

...They better not be doing the Joker and NOT the costume. Because that way lies Jack Napier, and I don't know anyone, even people who like Nicholson as Joker, who thinks him being the Waynes' killer, or even having an important previous identity is a good idea.

Joseph Kerry Chill.

I'll show myself out.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Donal Logue now confirmed as Bullock in Gotham.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Firefly. Ra's. Deathstroke (well, Nightwing villain). Nyssa. Deadshot. Waller, kind of. KGBeast. At least one more that's an upcoming spoiler.

They've dipped pretty deeply into Gotham.

Other than iconics like Joker and Lex, who's who's villain in DC is a bit of a mess anyway. Deathstroke is in theory a Titans villain, and they put him in everything. I can't even remember the last time that Deadshot showed up as a villain in something instead of as an anti-hero in a Suicide Squad team-up book. KGBeast is a bit of a cheat, too, since he's that character in name only. Might as well start thinking about Felicity as a Firestorm character or Professor Ivo as a Superman villain in that case.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Isn't Ivo more generalized JLA? Kind of like Starro?

You're right, which actually strengthens my point.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I was briefly confused why Matty Ice was playing Constantine.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

greatn posted:

The finale of S1 is when it became clear how dumb the show was and that it was all going to be downhill from there.

Well, that and the opening of Season 2. Maybe they can make something good if they just abandon all baggage. Also do not have time travel or power absorbing people.

Hiro was the only good part. Masi Oka should have been the new Dr. Who.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

404GoonNotFound posted:

Ahem, I believe you mean Hiro and Ando. Best superhero buddy duo this side of Luke Cage & Iron Fist/Rockslide & Anole.

Every good Doctor needs a good companion.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah, but midseason they should have known that it was not going to happen, and find a way to get the powers to a more managable level.

Peter unable to mimic when not near the person he's mimicking.

Well, that was easy.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Heroes season 2 wasted Kristin Bell. Not sure how much more you can indict a show than that.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Clock King is a pretty great callsign. If only.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

I wonder what Diggle's callsign is, if he gets one.

Black Driver, obviously.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Liv isn't a preexisting character, right?

Oh, and stop making Chas not a regular schlub. It misses the point.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Ah, yes, making her into the MCU version of the black Captain Marvel, I don't see any PR issues there.

Reboot the show into Nextwave. Problem solved.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

404GoonNotFound posted:

To be fair, Nightwing's biggest weakness is Editors.

Redheads. Nightwing's greatest weekend is redheads.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

I don't know if that's a typo or not.

A lucky accident.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Don't forget the rarely-mentioned transdimensional security authority, A.R.M.O.R.

So secret it makes S.W.O.R.D. look like S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.H.I.E.L.D. look like the Post Office.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Medullah posted:

Based on the Arrow episode, I bet they'll do a lot more "Him moving at normal speed and everything else going in slow motion" than super speed effect.

They'll probably do both, but This definitely plays into Grant's dance/theater background.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

How many episodes until Gordon sleeps with Essen?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

More set photos.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

HorseRenoir posted:

First image from the set of Constantine (Constantine's all the way on the right):

Nice to see them nail the look, at least.

Not a brunette. Automatically ten thousand times better than the movie.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Kingtheninja posted:

What channel is that going to be on? Looks great.

NBC.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

He just wants to ask people if they want it on or off

Off.

Too bad.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

The Powers series, lives again. It's going to be an original PlayStation Network series. That's almost television. No word if anything from the scrapped FX pilots remains. Frankly, I'm hoping they kept T-Mobile girl.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

I'll say the same thing I said as when it was first being done but if Patrick Warburton isn't cast as Walker then why bother.

Also I kind of hope it's not like FX series as everything about it looked/sounded terrible.

I thought Lucy Punch as Deena was pretty spot on. I'll accept my boos and derision now.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

TwoPair posted:

So hey, Powers is being made into a show... for PSN? So that's something.

Last page.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

zoux posted:

Franklin the Dummy operated by Will Arnett for Luke Cage.

Sweet Christmas that's great.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Daddy just need needs to get his rocks off.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Wait, did something happen to Lola? Because why aren't they driving around in Lola?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I want to believe the Occam's razor solution, I really do. But Ward's aspie like obsession with gun weight is exactly how Whedon & Co. would foreshadow a gimmicked gun.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Counterpoint, Dr. Light still used as a gag character on Teen Titans Go.

Seriously though, DC, :rolleyes:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Medium Cool posted:

Is Dr. Light still a lobotomized rapist in the new 52? The only new 52 book I follow is flash and they seem to be following that pretty heavily for the flash adaptation if the origin and the costume are anything to go by.

He's a dead hero apparently, because New 52 is awful at everything.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Mister Nobody posted:

Whoops, My mistake then. I wonder what S.P.E.A.R. is going to be, problably something to deal with atlanteans or the Savage Land.

Special
Protectorate for
Earth
Aquatic
Response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

Just caught up on SHIELD and yeah those three Cap 2 fallout episodes were really loving good. The last one with Blackout wasn't though, so they're not out of the fire yet.

What they did with Ward was really the best possible direction for that character. Spy Randy Orton.

If you were going to build a double agent from the ground up, it'd look a lot like Grant Ward.