Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of funny how the last comic book tv thing Josh Segarra did was a villain. He's so much better as a goofy guy.

He's great as the goofy guy but he was also the best villain Arrow ever had. Pretty good range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Walker's talk with Lemar that preceded his taking of the serum is really the crux of his whole character. He's a guy that's been heralded as a hero but feels he's a fraud because of a combination of survivor's guilt and shame for whatever he did that he was being rewarded for. He's trying to overcompensate to make up for failings he thinks are his own. In reality it's the system that hosed him over twice now at this point (once by putting him in the position that lead him here and a second by placing this heavy legacy on someone clearly not fit for it) and even a third time by the end of the series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CoolCab posted:

killed him off too quickly even though that made for a better season. promised to bring him back as they did in S2 via flashback and sort of never did. shame.

it feels like al the netflix shows started good and got worse if they were ever good at all

Well not all of them. The third season of Daredevil was the best season by far. And that's after a great first season and a pretty good second one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Werewolf By Night is loving awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's been a while since I've seen Gael in something. Mozart in the Jungle is one of my favorite shows of all time so I was happy to see how much he killed this. Laura Donnelly was fantastic as Elsa. They captured her well.

And of course Teddy. Who doesn't love Teddy?

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 7, 2022

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Regarding the ending of WBN: That last scene in color, they filmed that in black and white and then colorized it right? Because it looked like a colorized film. If so that's pretty awesome. For being a first time director I thought Giacchino knocked it out of the park.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dude's had a rough time and it's very satisfying to see his comeback be both really good and embraced by everyone.

EDIT: It would have been nice if they had clarified in that thread there that his depression following a claim of sexual assault was not a claim against him but him claiming against someone else. That's an important detail.

X-O fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 12, 2022

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even before Doom Patrol his the first thing I saw him back in was the series Condor where he played a character very against his usual type and he was really drat good. Great bad guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That She-Hulk finale was pure insanity.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There was a great issue of A+X that teamed up Beast and Wonder Man. It was really good. They've also spoken about how each of them kinda of faltered in their attempts to be superheroes and how their younger selves would probably be disappointed in them now. But they used being back together as an excuse to just forget about that for a while and have some fun. They're always awesome together. I'm a huge West Coast Avengers fan and Simon has always been one of my favorite underutilized characters. They got a drat good actor to be him in the MCU so I'm very much looking forward to it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

When people are talking about how Iron Man was a C Tier character or whatever I never took it to mean how recognizable he was to your average person. Truth is outside of a very few (Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America) very few were recognizable to your average person during that era. We're talking pre 2000 and the deluge of superhero media that came around then. I always took the C Tier mentions of Iron Man to being how important he was in universe. When big poo poo went down how big of a role did Iron Man play? How often did Iron Man guest in other people's books or interact with anyone outside of his title? Not much. And most times it was only through way of being one of the Avengers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Honestly Bendis is probably the one responsible for really pushing Iron Man to the top tier in universe by way of New Avengers. After that Tony was deeply involved in the larger goings on in universe. And by the time of Civil War they would have known about the movie being in the pipeline. That event was clearly what cemented him to be one of the most significant characters in the Marvel Universe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sounds pretty self explanatory for me. That definitely sounds like Archie Comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Huh. Well how about that.

:stare:

My favorite part was "Here's where it gets complicated" after I'd long forgotten how long I've been alive.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I watched the first season as it aired and really liked it. I just lost track of it. That post really makes me want to go back and binge it though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What if T'Challa was Star Lord isn't as random as you're making it out to be. And you'd know that if you actually watched the episode before complaining about the concept of it. It's really "What if the Ravagers grabbed a kid on the wrong side of the planet?" The plot is still dependent on a single different action that changed everything we know. T'Challa becoming Star Lord is just the outcome of that choice. And if that's still too random for you this show is not for you and you should stop watching now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

Gotham Knights will air March 14th, alongside the new season of Superman and Lois.

Can't Zaslav work his magic on that one too?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It's just fitting. Barry debuted on Arrow. all i want is a cameo.

Well Barry will surely need someone to tell him to run faster I bet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Secret Invasion

https://www.theinvasionhasbegun.com/?c=us

RSD3PX5N7S

Looks great. Can't wait.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Batman is the worst part of the Bat Family. Gotham Knights has the right idea conceptually, a world after Batman, they just chose poo poo characters instead of the ones people want to see.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's absolutely possible to just not watch things you don't care for. I'm a weirdo in that I'm not a big fan of the Guardians movies. I've not seen the Christmas special or the third one. I saw the second one once in the theater and never rewatched it. You don't have to watch things you don't care for. It's pretty easy in fact!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

But how will you understand what’s going on if you haven’t seen every second of content?

And I'm probably one of the only big Adam Warlock fans as well but I still skipped it. I'll continue to live and breath. For a while at least.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There have been rumors that it's going to tie in with the next Spider-Man movie and basically be a loose adaptation of Devil's Reign. But who knows if those rumors are true or not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

If the MCU is like the real world, people don’t care about world changing events if they don’t directly impact them. If Johnny Merican can’t see the weird arm, he doesn’t care.

They did something like that in the Sam Alexander Nova comic. It's set in like Arizona I believe and one of his teachers there didn't even believe in aliens. Which is loving wild to believe in the Marvel Universe. But you just know that's exactly what would happen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Oh hope they bring back the same actor, that guy killed it

Same guy. He was great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gripweed posted:

You guys: the music in Invincible is real, we swear!

Invincible season 2: here’s a boring cover of Avalanche

Are you saying Nick Cave is not a real musician? Even you being an old person with outdated music references should know him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gripweed posted:

I’ve heard the name but I’m not familiar with his work. If that cover was representative of his oeuvre im not in a hurry to change that.

I mean if you're going to be totally smug and dismissive about something so dumb at least try to do a little research. You only make yourself look uninformed when you claim a world famous musician who's been making music for decades isn't a real musician. It's the not the slam dunk kinda burn on today's music you thought it was.

Soonmot posted:

Your browsing experience improves by slapping gripweed on ignore. Makes me miss dark tiz... almost

I don't have the luxury of using ignore lists.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's not an issue about not knowing Nick Cave. It's fine not to know Nick Cave. It's about the weird and smug post you made trying to call out other posters and being totally wrong in what you're calling out. Just don't try to call out people on something if you yourself don't know. It just makes you look dumb.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, it's nice to have the voice actors for Rogue, Storm, and Wolverine back but they sound distractingly older than their characters look.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought the voice actor for Beast was fine. Rogue was the worst for me for sure.

Whoever they got for Cyclops is on point though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Beast is also the original guy, which is why I mentioned it

Oh yeah I know. I just didn't mention him originally because I thought he was still fine. The other three just didn't quite work for me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-Factor #68, the issue where Nathan Summers is sent into the future, was the first time I thought that Cable was Nathan. There's an insert photo of Cable on the last page next to Nathan that doesn't make much sense otherwise. It's a page with The Watcher talking about the future or something. It's been a long time since I read it. I surely read it after the fact, but before the reveal happened and just put the two together in my mind.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This derail is somehow getting even dumber. Who would have thought it possible?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think they're setting up next season as Apocalypse with both a revived Gambit and a savage Wolverine as Horsemen. That would be dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

re: 97 I really wanted those two lovebirds to finally kiss

Wolverine was in a coma, Morph didn't want to take advantage.