Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Opopanax posted:

They use sense and nerve gases to induce hallucinations!

Weather balloons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

How is that shocking? DC owns John Constantine, Swamp Thing, The Endless, and basically every other character. It also could be a case where the written under contract and therefore everything he did would be owned by DC.

Well, technically those are bad examples because they were created pre-Vertigo. I think the contracts are a bit different, but ultimately I think the rights still fall to DC.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

We can dream cast all we want...but if it's Rogen's crew producing it, we're going to get Jay Baruchel as Jessie, James Franco as Cassidy and Danny McBride as Starr.

Craig Robinson as Hoover.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

As someone said, Agents of Shield: Making lots of villains, no heroes.

Dethlok was always kind of an anti-hero, right? Or am I thinking of Death's Head...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Looks like John Constantine WILL be British in the show.

edit - Assuming this isn't utter BS, which is likely.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

greatn posted:

Maybe they can get Hugh Laurie, have him use his real accent. Laugh at focus groups saying his fake British accent is horrible

TV Exec - "No, no, no, that sounds terrible. Let's get that British kid who played 'Spike' on Buffy!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

You laugh but you realize this is a possibility right?

As I typed it I realized that young Spike pretty much WAS young John, so it really could work.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, that 51 year old "kid."

Well I'm a die hard Hellblazer fan, so 51 is closer to what I expect out of John. Though I'm sure they'll go with a young one who starts every episode doing crunches wearing a trenchcoat and no shirt.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that's exactly why I said that. I don't see Constantine in his own separate universe, but as part of the DCU as a whole. Even before JLD, the first person Sandman visits after being freed is Constantine then Martian Manhunter.

That's because Sandman was a DC comic at that point - and it was pretty much expected it would have crossover. Shortly after, Vertigo was created and Sandman became it's own standalone.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

redbackground posted:

If by "shortly", you mean four years later, then yes! :)

Also, Batman, Superman, and MM show up again at The Wake, which is always a fun aside.

Was it really 4 years? For some reason I was thinking it was immediately following Preludes and Nocturnes. But I'm an old man and easily confused by shiny objects so it's not surprising.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StumblyWumbly posted:

NBC is pretty hosed, aren't they?

I dunno, honestly it's probably perfect timing for it to come back. Super heroes have never been more popular. I think it was genuinely a good show for the first season...if they can get back to it's roots, it might be pretty good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, the original Sylar redemption arc was good and made sense. I would have rather they kept him as an anti-hero. Kept his motivation intact - he kills to steal powers, but have him only going after villains.

Heck, what they should have done was had Peter do the heel turn and become the big bad rather than having Sylar relapse. Would have even made sense - his empathy powers caused him to see things the way Sylar saw them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Detroit should have offered to let them fence off a few derelict blocks of buildings and turn them into a giant film set.

We probably would have since we were well on track to becoming a filming hotspot but drat you Snyder!!!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It'd be pretty great if he revealed that the gray was just sprayed on.

It would be the greatest coup since Riker's fake beard.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Quick, someone post the ultra-realistic salad eating gif from Dexter!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I love that this week's episode of Arrow, EVERYONE had their shirts off. All the time. Even Felicity got her shirt off for a bit. Abs everywhere.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Edit I'm an enormous retard who posted in the wrong thread

Medullah fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 3, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's what I get for reading the SA forums instead of working

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The best excuse was when he wanted to get her to analyze Vertigo. It was something about an energy drink that a buddy was trying to get him to invest in or something like that.

At least she called him out on his BS once the "jig was up".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Here's hoping we get an episode with M.O.D.O.K.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

You'll get 10 episodes with some guy named Tarleton who'll mention Project MODOK offhandedly in a conversation, but he'll never turn into MODOK or do anything except be some nerd with maybe a laser gun.

No he'll definitely be a hydrocephalus sufferer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Madkal posted:

drat that looks good. Curious how they are going to make his powers look though. While running really really really fast in comics allows artists to be creative I just fear it might come off goofy in live action (and yes I know it will be CGI but still).

Based on the Arrow episode, I bet they'll do a lot more "Him moving at normal speed and everything else going in slow motion" than super speed effect.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

I stopped watching Agents of SHIELD after about 6 episodes because it was so bland. I kinda want to start watching it again now though because it seems like it could go in an interesting direction. Plus, Ward was one of the things I disliked about the show.

I'm really hoping they decide to stick with Ward as a villain, even if he "redeems" himself later on. This last episode really laid on that he wasn't in a cover, that he was working with Chet the entire time "I knew him as a teenager."

I'm wouldn't be surprised to see him "turn good" because of his love for Hax0r Chick, but I really hope they don't go with him infiltrating Hydra

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mister Nobody posted:

Whoops, My mistake then. I wonder what S.P.E.A.R. is going to be, problably something to deal with atlanteans or the Savage Land.

Sea People Entering America Ruthlessly defense squad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Spectacular Spider-Man Season 1&2 Blu-Rays went down to $24.99 if anyone was waiting on them, I've heard from this very thread that the show is amazing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Cloak and Dagger were retconed into being mutants during the X-Men cartoon everybody is a Mutant boom so I don't know if Marvel can go there.

Eh they'll just be introduced as a member of a secret species known as the Ootantmays.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

Yeah, like an episode of 24. That's just what I've heard don't go tweeting it to all your friends.

Oh man I just imagined an Arrow/24 crossover.

"But I have to be a better man, for my friend I can't kill anymore..."

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you saying something? I was just strangling this guy with his friend's intestines"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's not like there haven't been characters in comics that have done worse things than Ward and been redeemed afterwards (usually due to their death). Ward dying to prevent Garrett from killing Skye is exactly the kind of thing I could see them doing in the finale.

We'll get our cake and eat it too. He'll die sacrificing himself for the team, then take a trip to Tahiti and come back with super powers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Error 404 posted:

I'm sold. Snarky british supernatural with slightly more budget is right up my alley!

I like it. Looks like they took a lot of the things the Keanu version did right and tossed the things it messed up (y'know, made him American).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gavok posted:

I heard there was going to be a Constantine TV series and I was so excited until realizing that it isn't about Kermit the Frog's evil, mole-sporting double.

Boy how wrong YOU are! I just don't understand how an American Idol contestant got his own show, much less why we're discussing it in this thread.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Last I head was that Goyer was working with NBC on the smoking issue.

"Tonight, on the season finale of Constantine, episode titled 'Dangerous Habits' - John must reconcile with the discovery that he has lung cancer - FROM SECOND HAND SMOKE!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DynamicSloth posted:

Great trailer, but I'm pretty sure I just watched 90% of the Flash Pilot episode.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But I've been learning more and more that if I want to avoid being spoiled by anything to avoid trailers, as even the shortest of the short end up giving enough away for anyone observant to piece together some sort of spoiler.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm just saying it's a bit suspicious that his name is Barrowman

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Now I want them to find a role for John Huston.

He's been dead for years, you sicko.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Now, if you mean Jack Huston, let's just slap a target on Richard Harrow's head!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm pumped about that choice. He's an amazing actor. Maybe not the "huge, hulking" Fisk in some versions of the comic but definitely has the intelligence to pull the part off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gone from playing Thor to playing the Kingpin...what a journey.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also it was just announced that they lost the smoking battle and John will not be smoking on air.

This is unsurprising but terrible.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

The Constantine pilot was ok, bordering on pretty good. There's a really stupid Dr. Fate shout-out that feels totally out of place. There's way too heavy a reliance on "whoa magic is happening!" rather than the intrinsic anti-hero appeal of Constantine a'la House. The companion character is so stock it's almost insulting. It also takes a major piece of Constantine lore and totally blows its load like fifteen minutes into the pilot when it could have been spaced out over a season. Oh, and the whole "we can't show him smoking so we'll show him right as he's putting the cigarette out" schtick is stupid-- they're better off just not showing that at all.

Still, the lead is good enough. The special effects look good. Constantine is way too nice but is still shown to be a world class rear end in a top hat in service of his own goals which is appropriate.

If it weren't on the Friday Night Death Slot I'd say this show could have a chance. As it stands I expect it to only last a season. It just doesn't have anything magnetic enough to draw the crowds necessary to make NBC give a poo poo, even though it's far better already than Smallville ever was.

I don't think Friday night is the death slot anymore. Hannibal and Grimm are both doing fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They'll have a kid who's Bruce's best friend. That will be the Joker. "IT WORKED FOR LEX AND CLARK!"