Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That is probably one of the best uses of Donal Logue I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The Origins mask seems like it'd be even harder for him to see to his right than it should be with having just a left eye.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't know where they are now, but I used to have the first...4 or 5 trades of that series. It had a lot going for it, but I remember finding it a little stagnant after a while. I should probably go back and check it out again though, it was a really fun concept.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'd like to see the rest of it but that helmet/mask thing looks pretty awesome.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

People of the world, stop naming your kids Steve McQueen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

Okay but this one can't help it, his grandfather was the OG.

Alright, I retract my previous statement. He gets a pass.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Waterhaul posted:

There had been various attempts at other acronyms throughout the years but SWORD was Whedon because hurrr SHIELD and SWORD and then from that came everybody else's attempts with HAMMER and ARMOR and then the more joke versions of HATE and GRAMPA.

HATE was the best one, led by the heroic(and depressed) Dirk Anger.

EDIT: I still listen to the theme song sometimes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What channel is that going to be on? Looks great.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I think it's something about her cheekbones, but she looks much older.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wasn't someone working on a DMZ pilot? Or didn't a company want DMZ for a show? It's been a while since I've heard anything.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

How many episodes are left in Arrow, two?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is this really going to be airing on a Friday? Are Fridays no longer death slots or is NBC just saying "good luck new guy" to the show?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

An interesting thing about that extended trailer is in the scene where he's first wearing the suit it looks like he's also wearing some kind of rebreather over his mouth.

I'll have to watch it at again at home (bigger screen) but it also looked like the original tv show costume was behind him in a case. Or something that sort of looked like it, anyway.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

zoux posted:

Speaking of the original show, looks like JWS is playing Papa Allen.

"In my day, we just had the Trickster!"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

You have to uh, do other things to get actual powers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wasn't the Ted Kord they talk about on Arrow as old as Ollie's dad? Or was that just something I assumed?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

They have announced a Flash movie.

Didn't they also announce The Flash appearing in Batman v. Superman? Or was I just thinking of the movie announcement you mentioned?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah they announced a few weeks ago they were re-casting (or getting rid of it altogether?) the female lead. So now we're left to wonder if they reshoot her parts in the pilot, kill her off right away in the next episode, or what.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Deadpool posted:

Nick Tarabay (Ashur on Spartacus) is the next Spartacus alum to land on Arrow. He'll be playing Captain Boomerang and will be in 3x07 and 3x08 which is the crossover episode.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=123011

Captain fuckin' Boomerang. I hope there's a giant Boomerang contraption involved.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think the episode that gives out the (little) info on him is the same episode Slade kills hims.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did anyone else catch the clip they showed during NFL games yesterday? I wasn't too interested in the show before and this didn't help. I'm not going to judge it on the pilot, but if they keep doing heavy handed nods and winks I'm not sticking around long.

If you didn't see it, Penguin is beating a guy with a bat, when another gang member says "Take it easy, PENGUIN" and he snaps back with a "you know I hate that name!" bit before Gordon shows up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Did anyone ever find out how they were handling the Constantine pilot? I know they were changing the actress in the show, but last I checked no one knew if they were reshooting the pilot, or just replacing her in some fashion afterwards.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the leaked set photos showing zoom, the actor in the suit looked a lot different shape wise than Tom Cavanagh. That combined with Wells talking about keeping the Flash Safe makes me think it might actually end up being Eddie Thawne.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Any news on the DMZ tv show? Or is it just at the "announced" stage?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If it brings in NextWave, then drat right I want to see Monica!

I would love that meeting: "The Captain. His name is the Captain."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Was watching the director's cut of the DD film the other day. It was tolerable but one thing that really irked me in that movie is how everyone seems to have super agility/strength. Like how Murdock dives off a building and falls easily 30 stories before landing on a window cleaning catwalk no problem. Also parts where he and Bullseye are just jedi jumping their way up a giant organ like going blind gave him the ability to not break his god drat legs.

Is that at all close to the comics? I admit I never really read them so I'm not sure if he really could do that, I just thought his power was the sonar sense thing from being blind.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Stupid as that was, I was more annoyed by watching this guy leap 50 feet like it was nothing.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The vfx aged horribly, and apparently being blind and having super sonar means you can dive off a building, land on a scaffold 20 stories down, and be hunky dory.

Edit: but coolio.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So are we thinking moon knight for the new Marvel show? I'm thinking moon knight.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I still play the theme song every now and again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I can't imagine the CW taking on a show that is so similar to Supernatural though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Scyantific posted:

So much poo poo crammed into tonight's Flash episode :flashfap:

Haven't watched it yet, was tonight the finale? Or next week?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm still mad at arrow for killing off deadshot.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

When did the first season reference elektra? Or do they just mean the hand?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm at episode 5 on AOS. What's the list for what to skip?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The more I see and read about LoT, the more it seems like CW is just going all out with whatever they can in this show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

America is ready for a red tornado.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ollie: The Early Years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cs7Bki1k2o

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ah yes, the old "mostly dead /all dead" theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Just caught up with shield. I have to say the second season was pretty great. I really do like the show and can't wait for the new season, especially with the way the last one ended.