Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From what Warren Ellis has said, Global Frequency died mostly because of one executive who got pissed off about the pilot leaking online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IDW has decided to get on the TV bandwagon and adapt some of their original properties. So far they're doing: Life Undead, V Wars and Brooklyn Animal Control. I've never read any of them so I have no idea if they'll be any good or not.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The CW has announced another DC show in development, this time its Hourman but instead of the whole super drug addict thing they're apparently giving the character the power to see things one hour into the future. I have no clue whether or not Hourman has ever had that ability.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Makes sense, while Preacher has distinct story arcs you could pretty much put as much filler as you want in there. Especially given the travelling around searching for God part of the premise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I've always found annoying about Preacher is how after a certain point it feels like Ennis just got tired of the Genesis plot where Jesse just stops using it and then it never really gets resolved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg are writing/producing the Preacher series. Makes sense seeing as This is the End was also a mix of humor/supernatural.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This news is just reminding me that in retrospect I don't think I actually like the comic that much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I like many of Rogan's films, but if the Green Hornet is any indication on his level of dedication to the source material, I'll save myself the trouble of getting hyped over this.

Green Hornet had a pretty messed up production so I'm not sure you can lay all the blame for it being lackluster on Rogen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The CW have changed their plans for the Flash on Arrow. Barry is still going to show up pre-powers for a 2 episode arc but instead of showing up later in the season to become the Flash they're going to give him his own pilot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Maltose posted:

Would have been if Green Lantern didn't crater in theaters.

Maybe if they had actually made a good movie.

Anyway, for actual TV stuff, last night's Arrow introduced Barry Allen and he was a lot of fun. There's a little bit of Silver Age in him as he's constantly late for everything. Also the show was just taunting people last night because they had a scene with Barry climbing on a shelf full of dangerous chemicals while you heard lightning in the background.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lets just run down a list of things that happened in just this week's episode:

Slade Wilson was revealed to be alive (missing an eye) and was the mastermind behind Brother Blood

Prof Ivo forced Oliver to chose between Sara Lance and Shado saying that he would kill one of them. Oliver choses Sara and Ivo makes good on his threat, shooting Shado in the head

Roy Harper is injected with "mirakuru" which gives those that survive the treatment super strength and makes them extremely hard to injure

Solomon Grundy injured Officer Lance and killed a whole bunch of cops

The Arrow battles and defeats Solomon Grundy

Barry Allen gives Oliver a proper mask

Barry Allen is struck by lightning caused from the exploding particle accelerator

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The annoying thing about the whole Flash stuff is that Arrow is kind of a victim of its own success because they were originally going to have Barry back later in the season to give him a backdoor pilot to his own show but CW executives loved what they saw of these two episodes and decided to give the show a proper pilot. Unfortunately this means we won't see Barry back as the Flash any time soon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vincent posted:

I'm thinking of starting on Arrow, but from what I've read here and other parts of the web, the first season is just bad. Can someone please spoil for me the important parts of season 1 for me or is there a season recap so I can start with season 2?

Nah, the first season is good, it just has some rough spots. Mostly in that they're not sure what to do with a couple of characters but the stuff with Oliver is straight up good all the way through.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have they cast Gordon yet? Because I can imagine whoever gets the job not being too happy about the idea that they've decided the show is about Batman now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If they really are going to be making Gotham more about Bruce Wayne they need to age him the gently caress up because nobody is going to care about a 12 year old Bruce.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah man, they're totally going to be basing a TV show off of a 9 year old movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the funniest things about Smallville was that Tom Welling, who was playing "young" Clark Kent is older than Brandon Routh.

Edit: Also that Smallville ran for 10 years and he only became Superman at the last minute of the last episode.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 14, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how Darksied was actually defeated Clark flew through him and poof

You forgot to mention that Aquaman showed up for a few minutes out of the whole series. I remember him blowing up an oil rig, because that will totally stop the rape of the oceans and not spill billions of gallons of oil.

They did also have the 90s reboot verison of Starman, straight down to the piercings and grunge attire. And I honestly liked Daniel Jackson as Hawkman.

The Aquaman stuff was because they were planning a spin off and they actually made a pilot for it but it didn't get picked up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mimir posted:

Wasn't there going to be a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle series at some point? What happened there?

A live action Blue Beetle series would probably be too expensive since it would require quite a bit of CG.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kyle was still a GL in the DCAU but he mostly stayed in space.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, that 51 year old "kid."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

James Marsters is a lot less terrible a possibility than "some guy no one's ever heard of who's really bad but is sexy enough to get teens to watch", which is the safe bet for any TV adaptation of a comic.

That description got us Stephen Amell for Arrow and he's been doing a pretty good job.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

And Kree are in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It looks like Guardians is going to introduce a lot of the space stuff since it also has the Nova Corps in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure that guy was just one of the crew members who helped run the boat. Still kind of messed up that Robert murders him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

I thought he had something to do with security for some reason. I only bring it up because they specifically say at some point that it was only Ollie and dad on the raft and I thought it was funny that they basically erased him from existence.

After they rehabilitated Robert's character a little they probably decided they went too far with that and just kind of gloss over it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

According to Arrow's producers even if the CW doesn't pick up Flash for series they're keeping Grant Gustin's Barry, he'll just move to Starling City.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His most recent role that people would know him by is Edward Kenway in AC4: Black Flag.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also gave Ando superpowers which completely ruined his character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

An annoying thing about the show was how they had multiple times where Sylar got redeemed but every single time they just turned him evil again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

That was due to him being the breakout star of the show, and they refused to get rid of him. They should have killed him off since he is a serial killer.

There was that couple of episode stretch where he turned good because he and Peter were stuck together for like 20 subjective years and they talked it out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

That was another huge problem with heroes, they were all overpowered as gently caress. If they kept powers sort of small with huge threats being overpowered and therefore they all had to team up to stop them. However, nope they make most of the main characters stupidly powerful. I mean Peter and Sylar were as powerful or more powerful as Silver Age Superman. poo poo now I wish Peter was able to shoot out tiny Peters of his hands to help him.

That was all a symptom of the fact that the characters weren't supposed to stick around and that they were going to change up the cast every season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

The chick with the bleeding eyes that was never mentioned again after season 2? Season 2 still had the glorious moment where Peter left his irish girlfriend in the plague hellhole and never went back. So who knows what happened to her since ??

I'm pretty sure Sylar ended up killing the eye bleeding girl. The Irish girlfriend left in the hell future was really weird because of how unnecessary the whole thing was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bryan Fuller gave an interview where he reveals where exactly they were headed in season 3 before he came back and it was fairly dire. Like the whole thing with John Glover as Sylar's dad was supposed to be the big bad of the back half of the season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Maltose posted:

Not to mention more Kord Industries!

The bus Oliver had to stop when they first tangled with Clock King had an ad on the side for the Blue Devil movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It'd be pretty great if he revealed that the gray was just sprayed on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best excuse was when he wanted to get her to analyze Vertigo. It was something about an energy drink that a buddy was trying to get him to invest in or something like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, Oliver has called Thea "Speedy" multiple times, although they did kind of mostly drop it after the first season added Roy. Although I think he called her it again either last week or the one before that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah the big thing is that sure The Flash series may never actually take shape and he could just be relegated to guest extra on Arrow depending on how things go.

Though that does seem unlikely.

Arrow's producers have said that if the Flash TV show doesn't happen Barry is moving to Starling and will just join Team Arrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also name dropped a bunch of alien races as Coulson asked Sif about any blue ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's just jumping over that line of text.