Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Apparently the edits are a 'low violence' version for the parental controls, but it overwrote the original version by accident even if you have the controls off.

https://gizmodo.com/disney-falcon-and-winter-soldier-marvel-violence-censo-1848727437

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Loki was apparently shooting in London a few weeks ago, so that's probably next year at the earliest. Wakanda Forever is supposed to be this year though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

End of July, 2023

Weve got a while before we get more Ms Marvel

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I feel eternally grateful that I gave up on the Arrowverse during season 2 (I think?) of The Flash. Just wasn't enjoying any of the shows and I suddenly had an epiphany, I could stop watching!

Missed out on Legends getting good though (and then cancelled), but on the upside, I missed out on what I'm sure would have been a nightmare of trying to watch the crossovers in the UK! Arrow, Flash & Legends were on one channel, Supergirl on another, and no one had picked up Batwoman at the time (or ever?), so I have no loving clue how that mess worked outside of the US & Canada.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Timby posted:

It had the misfortune of coming out right before the world ended.

lol. I tried to go see Birds of Prey, but the only cinema I was willing to go to is in another town (the cinema in my town was utter poo poo. It's shut down now), and my train ended up getting cancelled because someone threw themselves in front of it at the next station up.

Then everything shut down the next week and I missed my chance. I was really pissed off about that, but mostly because the last film I saw in a cinema was Rise of Skywalker, and I couldn't let that be the last thing I saw, I was desperate to go see something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Beware the Batman was interesting because it focused on lesser known villains instead of the usual cast, like having Katana as the sidekick instead of Robin. For better or for worse.

Joker never appeared in the show, it looked like they were starting to set up Two Face with Harvey Dent appearing a few times, but the show ended before that came to anything.
You had Magpie instead of Catwoman as the thief. Professor Pyg, who was an eco terrorist rather than a murderer. A few villains you normally don't see outside the comics.

I appreciate that it tried something different, but it's easy to see why it was cancelled.