Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The astounding naiveté of a lot of students is baffling. You left your Macbook, iPhone, purse, backpack and wallet unguarded in a library, without asking anyone to watch it, for 30 whole minutes? And you're surprised you got robbed? Like, I feel bad about victim blaming but there were numerous warnings all week about people stealing laptops left unattended during bathroom breaks, you left all your possessions at the mercy of exam-stressed students for 30 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Working at a help desk I get about 40 questions a day a day (when we're busy) that could be answered in 5 seconds if they just went on Google Maps. Like, you have a smartphone or a laptop, you probably know what google maps is, and yet you never thought to use it to check directions or bus times? I totally get it if you're from another country or don't speak English so well, but native English speakers, now I have to look it up for you, then read you out the directions, then write them down because you don't know how to follow basic directions, and then go over them twice.

On a related note: stop complaining about having to walk across campus you loving babies. Will you make your bus? I dunno, can you walk for 2 minutes in the same direction continuously without stopping?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
6 hour meeting (for a scheduled 2 hour meeting) in our Student Activity Building over whether or not a dumb student service should be cancelled or not. Jesus loving Christ everybody, the UN doesn't take itself this seriously. Maybe you could dress up like bigboys and play student politics somewhere else? Like not where everyone eats lunch and hangs out?

Also if you vote "nay" to letting the Islamic students take a 15 minute break from said meeting for evening prayer, you are a sack of poo poo undeserving of higher education.

VVVVV Is your mom also the Registrar? Just tell her you're taking whatever class she thinks you should and take Gender Studies instead, especially if it's not even going to show up on your diploma. Is that not an option for you?

Douche Wolf 89 has a new favorite as of 10:29 on Oct 30, 2013

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

One of the professors of my Women/Gender/Sexuality Studies class is like a loving caricature of the second wave man-hating trans-exclusive feminist. For being a supposed expert on this stuff, she says a lot of cissexist pop-feminist bullshit. :psyduck: Every other professor in that class (four profs rotate lecture, then each lead smaller discussion groups) has had to either correct her or apologize for something she's said.

There is always one of these and it's super frustrating. I think it's because there's always that one weirdo WS major who stays around for so long and takes so many classes they somehow end up with a phd and start teaching.

Also hey university admin thanks for paying to cover the entire campus in rock salt. Now every pathway is a sludge river and everyone's shoes and pants look like they're covered in dried jizz.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
People at my university are so astoundingly lazy. I have a part-time job selling GO Bus tickets, but get a lot of confused students asking where to buy other tickets. Awesome, I love helping people.

HOWEVER, when I tell them they have to walk literally 2 minutes to another building, they will go "gently caress THAT'S SO FAR!" and ask if I can somehow make the tickets come to them. Other times I'll give them directions to get to the right bus (again, on campus like 2 minutes away) and they'll A) stand there staring at me for a long time B) get mad for some reason C) ask me to leave my job and walk them there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Cage posted:

Lady calls the library.

Helicopter parents demoralized me. A dad walk up during open house ask what residence is the best for his son (who is ofc standing behind him instead of asking me himself). I explain there's a residence across the street from the university that is $1 300 cheaper, has fully furnished individual rooms, living room and kitchen, great community, etc. When I mention you also can avoid the enormous cost of a meal plan, he just goes "oh he can't cook haha that one won't do". God forbid your child learns how to cook eggs and bacon for his big boy self.

• Locked thread