Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I played around with a Surface Pro 2 today at Best Buy and it was heavier than I was expecting. Comparable in heft to an ultrabook so that was a deal breaker for me. I didn't even bother hanging around to see how well it performed. Baytrail here I come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

NYFreddy posted:

Are you guys running into any issues with having 2gb of ram? Im wondering if its worth it waiting a quarter to see if any 4gb versions come at a reasonable price.

I was wondering about this too. Adding to this, because they all have 2gig of ram, am I right in assuming all these tablets are running Windows 8 32 bit only?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...CFWRk7AodyEsAUw

Anyone who wants a Dell Venue 8 at a decent price with a free man purse thrown in, now is the time!

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

http://view.email.microsoftemail.co...4600c7d7613&r=0

Dell Venue 8 Pro for 99 bucks (limited)

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Tha Chodesweller posted:

I think I might try for one. Any idea when the stores open? My local MS Store opens at 10am, should I just show up then?

I would probably head there now. As for online sales I don't know when they will be available for the discounted price. I keep checking their website, however it is still showing $299.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Tha Chodesweller posted:

It's one in the morning and it's 15 below, I'm not leaving right now! Maybe I'll just sell off some poo poo I'm not using to help afford it.

I hear you. As much as I would love to have one for 99 dollars, I don't want it bad enough to wait in line for 10 hours.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Let me know if this works. I'll probably go buy all of them for 99 bucks if the employees at Walmart are dumb enough to dump all their stock. (They are)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I did not bother waiting. I printed out the ad and went down to Wal-Mart and yes they priced matched for 99 dollars.

Lafarg fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 9, 2013

• Locked thread