Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

vivisecting posted:

Gosh, I am just having the hardest time trying to buy 8.1 for my new pc. If I understand it correctly, http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Windows-8.1-Pro-Student/productID.288438200 says that I need to have Windows 7 installed already? :confused: And I can't buy Windows 7 anymore, right?

all the student ones are an upgrade, so in theory you need a computer running 7 to upgrade from

In practice, if you have a friends win 7 install you can use, you'll be able to create an iso that you can then do a clean install from.

e: using the link being discussed above that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Edit: nm, thought this was the 10 thread!

• Locked thread