Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
OH WERE POSTING THIEVES ARE WE

Ussr fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Why would it? I posted the one and only underboob outfit you will ever need.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
It seems I need to post this little slice of heaven again then...

The name's Fart Simpson. Don't have a yak man.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

ApeHawk posted:

WHY ISN'T HIS SHIRT RED?!?

It's orange! That's as close as I can get without buying dyes for that character.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Guest2553 posted:

My graphics really suck compared to some others but here's what I got and I'm happy with it :colbert:

e. oh god i broke the tables how do i fix it

Change the IMG bbcode to TIMG.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Erdricks posted:

all babies do is sleep eat and poop. trust me you'll have plenty of time to play. hell, i have it down to a science. i've run world boss zergs and guild missions with baby in arm, bottle in left hand, and mouse in my right hand (g500 with autorun, dodge, jump, weapon swap, attack #1, and change target all mapped to mouse buttons).

PS - I would also like to know if the royal pass has a "return to previous location" function.

Did I play Asheron's Call with you?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Sacrapos posted:

What's a thief like in the current meta both PvE and WvW wise?

I think P/D is the best solo WVW spec in the entire game hands down. It is also probably the worst solo PVE spec or close to it so there's that. It's not that its bad in PVE it's just very slow which works great when you wanna beat up on dude bros who get bored in the middle of a fight but API doesn't get bored.

D/P is a lot of fun but take a lot of effort and precision to do correctly. Black Powder + Heartseaker * 3 to stack invis for 8 seconds is strong. But I think it relies too heavily on perfect conditions to setup.

D/D is boring. I find the Backstab + HS glass cannon spec boring. I think the D/D Lotus Blossom spam spec is not as effective as P/D in applying conditions.

S/P doesn't have a readily available invis so I don't use it.

S/D I've never really used. Maybe tactical strike is really good? I don't know.

Ussr fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 3, 2014

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

ItBurns posted:

Pretty much everything you posted is wrong.

P/D is terrible. Yeah, it has a giant margin for error and is autopilot but you'll only kill people who are both bad enough to not counter it and dumb enough to not run away.

I don't see how you play thief without using S/D at some point. That's just mind boggling.

D/P is good but spamming HS inside of BP died on Dec 10 and nobody misses it.

P/D is the best and you're bad for not liking it.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Thanks to the generous SFD goon that got Fart Simpson a red shirt.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's a term.

Urban Dictionary posted:

To be so drunk you are laying on the floor SAYING you're ok when you really are about to puke.

That seems pretty accurate, at least in my fiance's case.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Esports can be fun. You just can't take it too seriously. A lot of times you'll be 4v5. Or you'll have 5 thieves vs a bunch of bunkers. Or any number of terrible match making issues, especially in tPVP. tPVP is awesome because you get items every time you win. Who doesn't like shiny things?!

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Are they going to be consolidating WVW rank at some point?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
First screenshots sounds like fun!

I ran into a player named The Communist which I found more fun than he did.

And of course from the personal story, this was one of my favorites.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Mosthated posted:

Hey a new Profession Balance forums on the official site.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/balance

But the Devs won't read it.

That's because its an hour old and people are already complaining about the dumbest poo poo.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Essential posted:

Wow, that would be awesome thank you so much! I'll definitely hit you up for that. I'm not in one of the goon guilds. I'm always kind of nervous joining guilds since my time playing is so sporadic (will occasionally not play for a month or 3).

It's not a big deal getting kicked out of and then re-invited to the main Goon guild due to inactivity. You're making your life needlessly harder by rolling solo or with a pubbie guild.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

malhavok posted:

At this point 42k karma is much much harder to get than the few gold any piece of exotic gear costs on the trader so i'm not sure buying it with karma is the best idea. On the other hand karma is mostly useless but it might not always be.

Karma is useful for Obsidian Shards.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Does Goon Squad have anyone that plays esports? I'd like to stand on points with other Goons. I usually ask in guild but no one dares enter the mists it seems.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

ApeHawk posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Ykv4r#1

Pretty impressive, I've gotta say.

That is pretty loving impressive.

Anoia posted:

I showed this to a friend who quit because you can buy panda hats in the cash shop ("IMMERSION BREAKING"), he was caught somewhere between furious and grudgingly impressed.

Oh man, does he play DOTA? Those spergs get violently angry when something breaks lore even though there really isn't any.

Ussr fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 14, 2014

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Anoia posted:

All the goddamn time. I can't say we're even friends anymore, because that game is his life now.

That makes sense. DOTA is super fun but in order to be even a small step above the worst you have to basically dedicate your entire life to it or the nerds will scream at you.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
That is pretty nice looking. The prices are probably going to keep going down though!

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Could you do Rifle, Grenades, Flamethrower and Rocketboots?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

dang nasty posted:

i get that they're supposed to be there for pedophiles but haven't the developers heard of oppai loli? lurk more anet

That's funny because I was just about to make a similar suggestion to you.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
GW2 is THE BEST princess dress-up simulator. Until you understand that this is the goal of the game you will not enjoy it. That's why there's no monthly fee. You dress your princess up and then stop playing (or level new princesses) until new poo poo can make your princess stronger or better looking. Dyes are endgame. Looks are endgame. If you want to be a raid boss all-star then go play Rift. If you want to be a Free for All Darktide PVP all-star then keep waiting around like the rest of us.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Xavier434 posted:

Generally speaking though, 100g is enough to start making some money being a rookie TP baron,

Ok I have that, how do I turn that into TP baron status?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Nova88 posted:

Is there a consensus on the highest priority WvW abilities to spend points into first?

I've read to get Build Mastery, Supply Mastery, Supply Capacity and Defense Against Guards before anything else. It assumes you'll be running with a Zerg.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
I'm not sure I follow you... Defense Against Guards takes 115 total points to max out and does more than give vitality.

quote:

1 1% reduced damage from guards 1 World Ability Point
2 2% reduced damage (total) from guards 2 World Ability Point
3 3% reduced damage (total) from guards 3 World Ability Point
4 4% reduced damage (total) from guards 4 World Ability Point
5 5% reduced damage (total) from guards 5 World Ability Point
6 All Defense against Guard abilities count against lords and supervisors 10 World Ability Point
7 7% reduced damage (total) against guards, lords, and supervisors 15 World Ability Point
8 Gain Retaliation for 10 seconds when you negate damage from guards, lords, or supervisors This effect can trigger only once every 20 seconds. 20 World Ability Point
9 10% reduced damage (total) against guards, lords, and supervisors 25 World Ability Point
10 Gain 1 stack of Applied Fortitude when killing a guard, lord, or supervisor
Applied Fortitude: Each stack grants 50 vitality (max of 5 stacks, stacks are lost on death) 30 World Ability Point

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Yeah every time I've run it with TTS they have an exact countdown to when he lands and often run champ trains in the overflow until that time so you don't have to idle.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Roflan posted:

Do champion loot bags depend on your level when killing the champion or your level when you open them? When they were first introduced, I remember reading that it's your level when opening them but it feels like something they would have changed.

It's still on open.

Alteisen posted:

with Ranger I enjoy it and I'm looking forward to running a nice support build at 80

I kinda wonder if there's a way to run a good support Thief build.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

chumbler posted:

They should've made it roar or something rather than you summon up the wurm and then it immediately dies and falls back down in its hole. Bunnies finisher is still the best.

Haha man the developers just can't win with some loving people.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Alteisen posted:

Sort off.

When you go into the energy portal there's a champ, kill the champ and you have to destroy some computer thing, you have 3 minutes for this.

If anyone fails killing their champ, you fail at breaking a chain.

So basically everyone should go full zerker?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Phoix posted:

They drop pieces to make cyphers. 25 makes a key to open a chest in Scarlet's Lair. You need 50 power cores from energy nodes to access Scarlet's Lair. The chests contain a bunch of greens and pieces of Scarlet's Diary. :allears:

For one lucky rear end in a top hat out there it contains a Dusk, the second or third Dusk that's ever dropped for them.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Apparently ANet is pretty proud of the giant robot boobs.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

BexGu posted:

I don't know, you will be shocked about how cheap some of the cool looking exotic weapons are going for. And even with decent stats! I mean, I got Final Rest and Moonshank for my nerco for like 3ish gold total. And as for armor just go to WvWvW and visit the Armor Master to pick up a complete set of armor with various stats for 5.5 gold and Badges. They even sell stuff to make it look like different level Karma gear!

Of course I can't find any bows that look good besides the Legendary ones.

The Pirate Shortbow is pretty cool because it's huge for a shortbow.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Erdricks posted:

TTS beat the wurm last night. Except when we got the last head down, it bugged, went invulnerable, and never despawned. Way to go, anet.

two red icon dudes showed up to confirm things and manually close the instance.

Point - don't do living story stuff until week two of the release.

Jesus that's nuts.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Should I not be using the mystic salvage kit on greens and blues?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Ghostpilot posted:

Uh, it's in the tooltip? :confused:

Just the blue, green and yellow kits + mystic forge stone into mystic forge and you'll get a 250 use kit that's the equivalent of a Master Salvage Kit.

3 Mystic Forge Stones.

I'm just wondering if the cost of blue/green/yellow + the 3 stones nets a higher value than just buying the crude kits. Goddamnit I do not have enough sperg in me to figure this out. I blow through maybe 2 mystic salvage kits in a week (maybe more), I don't know if I have the patience to buy 30 crude salvage kits in a week. It's probably a better use of money though.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Illuyankas posted:

Get the salvage-o-matic, seriously.

Holy gently caress, I didn't know that existed. Although I now have to worry if the gold cost / gem cost will pay itself off over time vs mystic kits vs regular kits. Haha, god I should just give up.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Zhentar posted:

I just did the math. At current gem exchange rates, it would take ~1.2 million salvages to pay for itself over a basic kit. 86,000 to save over mystic salvage kits, assuming unlimited free forge stones, and ignoring the lower kit quality.

Assuming 500 salvages every week it would take a little over 3 years to pay itself off.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Traxus IV posted:

Yeah just do this. The salvage-o-matic talks in a robot voice when you use it, how could you pass that up?

I think the biggest value is knowing that the first slot of my backpack will always be the same, through thick and thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

DonVincenzo posted:

So turns out when the marionnette event fails it kills everyone *in the area*. Ported in Lornar's Pass just as the event failed, "oh hey what's this green thing under my char" *bam* dead. Thank you Anet for the repair cost.

Oh heavens a silver! I mean, it's probably a huge AOE which is probably much easier to program than to keep track of all users that participated in the event and also happen to still be in the zone but not in a different overflow or server.

• Locked thread