Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Alien invasions are the sort of thing you call the Avengers in for, unless you have something like SWORD. It will be very small scale if it happens. My money is on Inhuman shadow society stuff cumulating in the next Guardians movie, myself.

If two or three Kree show up, I don't see how it would be any different than Sif showing up to take down Lorelei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alien invasions are the sort of thing you call the Avengers in for, unless you have something like SWORD. It will be very small scale if it happens.

It would be an invasion nobody even realises is happening.

A secret invasion, if you like. :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hounsou said that he talked to gun about the lack of minorities and they agreed to have Korath keep his natural skin tone.

And yea, I could totally see a minor Kree like Genis-vell or Noh-varr (yes I know he's from a alternative reality) show up and interact with the team.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
If there's one thing that alien species are super conscious about, it's hu-mon ethnic representation. Can't have too many Blooeys, it's not fair. :rolleye:

\/\/\/ Is that black dude an alien? Why is he guilt tripping the Green Lantern? He's not a member of The Authority.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Oh boy, the Heimdall debate again. Just what the thread needed.

Nope. No debate. Let's move on. Didn't mean to derail so let's not.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 5, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

If there's one thing that alien species are super conscious about, it's hu-mon ethnic representation. Can't have too many Blooeys, it's not fair. :rolleye:

Yet humans do care about alien ethnic representation.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Oh boy, the Heimdall debate again. Just what the thread needed.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

jivjov posted:

Do we know anything about the home media release of AoS yet? Bonus features, limited editions, anything?

They previewed the blooper reel!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/25/agents-of-shield-gag-reel/

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Casting spoiler

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=105523

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy loving YES! :woop:

Lucy Lawless and now Kyle MacLachlan, oh man... ooooooooooooooooh man.

drat fine casting choice, drat fine! :coffee:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 7, 2014

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Additional casting: Henry Simmons as Alphonso MacKenzie, a fairly minor SHIELD character from the comics.

There are already four new 616 characters confirmed for S2 (MacKenzie, Whitehall, Mockingbird, Hunter), and possibly five if Lawless is playing Victoria Hand's ex. So that's one aspect of S1 criticism that the showrunners seem to have taken to heart, at least.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Agents of Shield season 2 ; Backdoor Twin Peaks season 3

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Agents of Shield season 2 ; Backdoor Twin Peaks season 3

Will David Duchovny get to finally reprise his greatest role!?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Potsticker posted:

Will David Duchovny get to finally reprise his greatest role!?

What does Red Shoe Diaries have to do with this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Mockingbird actually confirmed? All I read is that a clip mentions her name.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Aphrodite posted:

Is Mockingbird actually confirmed? All I read is that a clip mentions her name.

The clip is of Patton Oswalt addressing the ComicCon crowd in character as Koenig (and Koenig) and namedropping Bobbi Morse, codenamed Mockingbird for Season Two.

That sounds pretty confirmed to me!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Deakul posted:

Holy loving YES! :woop:

Lucy Lawless and now Kyle MacLachlan, oh man... ooooooooooooooooh man.

drat fine casting choice, drat fine! :coffee:

Apparently he's playing Skye's father? Fine, I guess.

Some part of me is disappointed...in some other reality, Kyle Maclachlan could be playing Peter Quill's father, instead. I just want to see some strange space version of Bert Macklin, FBI talking to Space Dale Cooper.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Potential spoiler of a plot line in Season 2 at the link below:

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/35263/20140814/marvels-agents-s-h-e-l-d-season-2-spoilers.htm

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

To sum up, "Here's a guy in partial arm makeup, and what character we guess that is. Also, we can't spell SHIELD correctly in our hyperlinks".

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They're just so excited to confirm that forums poster CAPT. Rainbowbeard is always correct and forums poster Dan Didio is always wrong. Be gentle.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

and forums poster Dan Didio is always wrong. Be gentle.

Isn't this always the case though?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
You're a bit weird.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

R.I.P. S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Well, I just hope they can keep up the momentum of the last season's final episodes.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tarquinn posted:

Well, I just hope they can keep up the momentum of the last season's final episodes.

If I were a betting man,

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No, go on. Tell us what you really think.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Mockingbird.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

lomzus posted:

Adrianne Palicki has been cast as Mockingbird.

Link to article

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/adrianne-palicki-cast-as-mockingbird-in-marvels-agents-of-shield

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
That good-looking guy from Dollhouse with the name you can't pronounce (not the BSG guy the other one) is going to be a character in Agent Carter:

http://www.avclub.com/article/chad-michael-murray-and-dollhouses-enver-gjokaj-jo-208709

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah, I'm glad he's getting work. He is a pretty drat good actor.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

The Red Queen posted:

That good-looking guy from Dollhouse with the name you can't pronounce (not the BSG guy the other one) is going to be a character in Agent Carter:

http://www.avclub.com/article/chad-michael-murray-and-dollhouses-enver-gjokaj-jo-208709

This is fantastic news. He was perhaps the highlight of that show and he gets far too little work.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

XboxPants posted:

This is fantastic news. He was perhaps the highlight of that show and he gets far too little work.

I hope he isn't playing a soldier with PTSD again. That was his primary character arc on Dollhouse, but also I once saw him on Lie to Me where he played a soldier with PTSD. As well as on an episode of Community, as a war veteran from Eastern Europe who Britta at one point thinks has PTSD.

It's just a weirdly specific thing to have come up that much...

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It is a shame that he isn't joining Agents of Shield, he really deserves a longer running role.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Oasx posted:

It is a shame that he isn't joining Agents of Shield, he really deserves a longer running role.

Maybe he can have an identical looking great grandson.

Anyway, just saw this: http://www.nerdist.com/2014/09/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-debuts-new-footage-in-latest-season-two-teaser/

Can't identify how many of the scenes are actually new footage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xealot posted:

I hope he isn't playing a soldier with PTSD again. That was his primary character arc on Dollhouse, but also I once saw him on Lie to Me where he played a soldier with PTSD. As well as on an episode of Community, as a war veteran from Eastern Europe who Britta at one point thinks has PTSD.

It's just a weirdly specific thing to have come up that much...

It's okay, PTSD didn't exist in WW2.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

It's okay, PTSD didn't exist in WW2.

"Shell Shock."

Or did that come later?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

"Shell Shock."

Or did that come later?

Actually earlier, it's a WWI thing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Or 'Battle Fatigue'.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Or 'Battle Fatigue'.

"Nerves"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

RIP SHIELD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That will be neat.

• Locked thread