Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Haa, I just noticed that Clark Gregg plays Agent Coulson in the MCU, the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and both the Marvel Heroes game and the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game. Every official version of Coulson is Gregg.

I'd assume this is because he doesn't get RDJ money so they can actually afford to have him all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

From The Shield to SHIELD.

Ward talking about "that moment" reminded me of Gregg's "that moment" speech on The Shield. Dude does a good creepy serial killer as well.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

AshB posted:

I came out of that episode not knowing why Fury couldn't just tell Coulson, "we wanted to save your life using experimental science, but the physical and mental pain from the procedure was so incredibly extreme that we overwrote that part of your memory for your safety." I'm pretty sure Coulson would've been totally cool with that because his character is defined as highly professional and fiercely loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D. I know there is more to Coulson's getting his memory overridden than the audience knows, but it seems kind of silly for now. I hope it pays off with an even better twist.

It's not that they did it; it's more likely how they did it, or WHY they did it. They were probably going to erase his memory even if it wasn't horribly painful; now that he knows what they did he's going to dig into the bigger questions.

My half-baked idea is that they've been doing that to every agent who dies and Coulson was just the first one to be successfully and permanently revived; the big secret is that every dead agent has a few days of begging for death in the nightmare brain surgery room to look forward to after they die. This lends itself to a zero-effort scene where phil finds a ward full of braindead and/or insane agents whose funerals he attended.

Javid fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 9, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

You can tell who didn't watch The Shield when people are just now realizing Clark Gregg can own a scene when he's given the focus.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Now I like the idea that they ripped him back from Valhalla in the middle of a mead-drinking contest with a bunch of Asgardian warriors, and he woke up yelling I WAS WINNING YOU FUCKERS SEND ME BACK

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Loeb has to have some truly excellent dirt on somebody to still be employed. Getting the actors to bash on the fans because they don't like the show is entirely his kind of move.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm really hoping somebody (loeb) pressured them into spewing that stuff.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Coulson going rogue would lend itself to the events of cap 2 possibly, as well.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It's refreshing whenever a show or movie goes there instead of having Female Lead be the only one who ever fights any female villain.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

This movie is going to be excellent.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I was really hoping someone nerdier than me would know what the gently caress GH meant. Disappointed that we got yet another kinda-but-not-really reveal.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It's not like they straight up murdered two unarmed dudes who were begging them not to breach the containment facility. They were up against well-armed and well-trained men and neutralized them as a threat in the quickest possible manner, and clearly intended to get medical care for the survivor, had he held on long enough. Those dudes knew what they were getting into, as explicitly shown as they were loading up.

What I find interesting is the potential consequences for blowing up a whole facility. You don't put something under that much security unless it's extremely valuable and/or extremely dangerous, and if it was just dangerous without value they'd just fire it into the loving sun or something.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

Are you suggesting that being prepared to be attacked makes it more morally acceptable to be killed? That doesn't seem right.

No. But being prepared to kill somebody who isn't out to kill YOU does. Neither side was morally clear but it wasn't exactly one-sided, either.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

They ignored direct orders and a big thing exploded. Doesn't matter if the thing was secret or not.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Didn't she also somewhat imply that she had to kill the guy she was referring to? Making it not thor.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Who says Loki even sent Lorelei at all? Maybe she actually got out and found the secret passage or whatever on her own. He probably wants her for him to make use of, sure, hence needing her alive.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

May broke up with Ward because Lorelei revealed that Ward was more interested in Skye than in her.

May told Coulson she was going to stop sleeping with Ward like four episodes ago.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

They could've just taken a long-rear end single hiatus on the kidnapping cliffhanger and then aired the rest straight up instead of dicking along like they are now.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I find a Tuesday matinee infinitely less horrible than opening night.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

That looks like a screenshot from Reboot.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

There's no way Zola is actually for-reals dead in the movie considering he's data on tape to begin with, somebody could easily have backed it up at some point. Plus he knew they were gonna blow up that bunker, a guy so obsessed with living that he turned himself into an AI isn't gonna just be cool with being blown up as live bait for the protagonist.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I wonder what this show's budget is compared with TWS's opening weekend gross.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I realized after the show that Ward defected with the hard drive o' secret weapons in his pocket.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

I wonder if everyone will find out Coulson is alive now that SHIELD is in ruins. I also don't get how it was kept a secret when he was visiting the Hub, which by definition, is a central place most Agents would end up passing through at some point. Also, Cap was level 8, does that mean he knew? Romanov? I know the movies don't give a poo poo about the show, but whatever.

It's not like Phil is a big celebrity. The Wikileaks types that are gonna be poring over the leaked data will have far juicier headlines to make than "one of the thousands who died during the invasion really didn't".

Stark is probably gonna find it, though.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I love that "Coulson is alive" is almost as big a secret as "Fury is alive". I just want them to have him in the movies again, dammit.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I was hoping she'd just let him die. Failing that, I think our best outcome is he turns at the end and saves the day and they still tell him to gently caress off. Or shoot him anyway.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Why the hell would they bury the flash drive with the Tahiti video in coulson's fake grave?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Not everyone has the stomach to watch someone they know die, even if that person has turned on them.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It was never creepy until recently, it was just the stupid predictable romance which exactly nobody wanted to see until it got turned on its head into a creepy obsession and became awesome.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Didn't she drop in Cap 2 that she ended up marrying a Howling Commando? Maybe she's Tripp's grandma.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Coulson is Blackbolt.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Didn't he basically threaten to rape Skye until she liked him again right before May sucker punched him?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The original article made it sound like the entire cast got together with a reporter to talk poo poo on their disappointed fans. I'm not surprised the real context turned out different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I feel like somebody confused shield and agent carter when writing that article.

• Locked thread