Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really need to find my old 2012 megapoll thread, but I can't find it at all does anyone know where it is?

Also hey TV couch chat long time no see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey so I don't know if you know this guys but there's this show on CBS called Person of Interest and uh

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also apparently I have to behead Zaggitz now because he got everyone into poi while I was gone.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yo my ratings thread is back. Thanks dead. Peace

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Irish Joe posted:

They probably don't. She was on Mom this week and when I first saw her I thought she looked like a pug dog in a dress

Hey yo joe I usually spend my time defending you from people who bandwagon about how terrible of a poster you are since posts about your being a terrible poster are terrible posts in and of themselves but this comment was definitely sexist and kinda racist

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thexerox123 posted:

How is it either of those things instead of just being a lovely thing to say in general?

Canine comparisons are common insults to both women (bitches) and blacks (junkyard dogs). It's also a lovely thing to say in general but the terms are charged

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

What he said was not racist at all. And if you think it was then it's your own thoughts colouring his words.

Racial =/= Racist

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey deadpool I know you want to close all of that dudes old threads and the FRINGE thread is still around, yeah.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This is why I love person of interest

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Baseball is the best, though the World Series this year was a hell-series of the two most hateable teams in baseball, so I'm kinda glad it's over.

You're a Yankees fan

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Don't they never ever win or is that a different team?

spoilers I don't follow sports very closely

You're thinking of the Cubs but the Sox had an 86 year period of no WS wins.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah as everyone in irc knows I basically cannot drink any more due to the medication I am on making me wasted beyond belief if I have more than 2 beers.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

But them Gitmo will whine up a storm that you're stealing his thread and start shitposting everywhere

-
Actually yeah go for it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Deadpool posted:

I have no clue what the distinction is. I just tell my DVR what shows to record and it does it. So whatever works.

Well you see Toonami is Adult Swim for pedophiles

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey if you're not watching person of interest you should really start because...well...goddamn

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Actually football is a bad lead-in for everything because it's been proven that football's audience is self-contained and they do not become regular watchers of whatever airs after it, even and especially the super bowl

It's why NBC not being in dead last doesn't mean anything because football is literally the only thing preventing that network from being in last place

~peace ~

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Wandle Cax posted:

What about the Voice?

If NBC didn't have football, they would be in last place. The voice is a tentpole but isn't football.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really need to rewatch Moral Orel sometime

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DivisionPost posted:

The Wire: The Complete Series usually retails for about $200.

Guess how much DeepDiscount.com is selling it for?

Onward, hipsters.

Bruiser get this

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also thanks dp that's a great deal

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

zoux posted:

How do the ratings look?

For Sleepy Hollow? Stable in the mid 2s

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

zoux posted:

No for Almost Human (also don't fall down the P&D well mate)

Uh too late I've already spent like 400bux on it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Deadpool posted:

Thanks for not killing OSG while I was gone guys. Unless you did of course.

You ever seen I Spit On Your Grave?

It was basically that

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PriorMarcus posted:

The Korra thread really did turn into a poo poo hole though, which is why I'm going to make the thread for Book Three and hope it tones down the hyperbole of a certain someone.

Oh great you summoned him here.

Also your body will be found stabbed to death if you try to wrest control of that op from him just fyi Marcus, better start drafting that will

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey I know a lot of y'all hate Dan Harmon, but on the most recent episode of Harmontown he had on his good friend and creator of TVIV favorite Arrested Development Mitch Hurwitz and they bullshit and ruminate about the process behind creating television and it's loving spellbinding. What's most interesting is how Hurwitz and Harmon even admit how similar their situations were when creating their shows, and Hurwitz shows behind the veil on the difficulties getting his creative vision accomplished within the confines of the restrictions 20th Century Fox placed on him- for instance, he mentions how the entire "Wait, Gary's gay?" scene almost got cut.

Oh also Hurwitz roleplays a bird in an episode of D and D.

So i guess my point is if you care at all about how TV is made and more specifically how one of the commonly-considered greatest sitcoms of all time WAS made then you should really listen to this podcast. It's loving fascinating poo poo. Here.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey so I posted the second annual TVIVers' poll here it is

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Whizbang posted:

Celebrity panel, huh? Because I have no idea who any of those people are.

Steve Agee is a super funny alternative comedian and writer for sitcoms. He usually does acting as bit parts in tv sitcoms.

Dominic Dierkes is a pretty funny former member of youtube sketch comedy group Derrick Comedy. He's done screenwriting and bit parts in sitcoms as well.

Aaron Bleyart is like the community manager for Conan or something, I'm not exactly sure what his title is on Conan besides staff writer but he does a lot of public interface and community interaction and he's at this point probably the most public face for Conaco besides, well, the man himself. He's super nice, funny, a big rear end nerd and very charming.

Jonah Ray is a co-host on the Nerdist Podcast and like a billion other Nerdist things. He's most famously the main representative for bing in a bunch of their commercials, which makes complete sense since he's bothersome, unnecessary, annoying, and is constantly shoved down our throats.

Everyone else I have no idea who or what they are.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey so uh telltale games announced yesterday night on the VGX awards that they're doing a season of an officially licensed made-in-conjunction-with-HBO Game of Thrones adventure game.

So, um, yeah. Are telltale games reaching a point wherein we could feasibly discuss them in TVIV? Like, they have seasons of "shows" and each season has a distinct set of episodes attempting to tell a larger narrative within those seasons. They even seem to have showrunner-adjuncts that can determine creative direction of each season as it "airs". If this is the new path telltale is attempting to carve in cross-media creations I think a TVIV thread on the latest season of whatever "showgame" (for lack of a better word) could have tremendous value

And it's not like those threads could be any worse than the current got and TWD threads...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thexerox123 posted:

Why... not just go to the relevant threads in Games?

Because I'd rather not wade through a bunch of black bars and would rather discuss its cinematic strengths and weaknesses over its gameplay strengths and weaknesses

The games thread is too obsessed with the idea of player choice over the discussion of quality of the story told, or the acting/cinematography/pacing, which makes sense considering the subforum but isn't what I look to in the telltale game.

Also: why not? We have a got spoiler thread and TWD spoiler thread despite there being perfectly serviceable threads in TBB and BSS, respectively. We can have a topic discussed in multiple subforums simultaneously especially if they come from different perspectives. For example, my telltale games thread(s) (since I'm obviously asking for permission to make one) would be more focused on analysis and discussion of story quality over modularity of its plot. I would also like to have a place to discuss what telltale is doing and have a debate over what exactly they're making, because they're not exactly games but still clearly not tv shows.

I just think that since there's no limit on space for threads being able to have threads about "showgames" would be valuable, especially since next year it's gonna be directly relevant and applicable to the most popular thread on this forum.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 9, 2013

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

http://www.houseofcardsagainsthumanity.com/

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 10, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

precision posted:

If nobody else makes it I guess I will. I'm not really that great at OPs but I guess the only way to get better is keep trying!

Also, the previews have me really excited for it. :dance:

Since I made last seasons id like to make this season's if possible

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So my Machiavellian plan to destroy TVIV has finally come to fruition

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

Not close enough. Add some Game of Thrones cast and a tie-in to Marvel and then we'll talk.

Phase II

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PriorMarcus posted:

Haven't the Producers said they want to end it with Season Seven? If that's the case they might be skipping most of the poo poo and getting straight to the ending.

Literally in some cases

Snyped irq suck it downnnn

I should really finish true detective huh, I'm at the beginning of 105

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Joramun posted:

Oh, so you're almost at the point where Cthulhu joins as a series regular.

God that penny arcade comic was such pointless dipshit nonsense, even by penny arcades super low standards

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Joramun posted:

That was what the True Detective thread right here was like for pages on end around that point.

As long as it had no lovely Csi Miami jokes it could not possivbly have been worse

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Last nights episode of community has the funniest single scene I've ever seen in a television show

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Irish Joe posted:

I must have missed it. Can you be more specific?

I'm always in your corner man why you gotta do me dirty like that :(

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

One time I saw joe troll four TWD fans barehanded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

Presumably Occupation is going to never say what scene it was for him. It's his IRC channel usage all over again

edit: I was excited for that Odd Couple thing until I realised Perry is playing the slobby one and Lennon the uptight one. That's so stupid.

It was the rap, Jeez bown way to jerk it up

Anyways did South Park do a stick of truth tie in episode

Rarity posted:

I'm so glad I stopped watching.

Ugh rarity

• Locked thread