Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stephen Amell is a pretty funny guy.

Senerio posted:

Amell is on fire releasing videos today!

Announcement!

He was nominated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Louis CK directed all the episodes of Louie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

He also did everything else for Louie so its not exactly a regular situation.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tupping Liberty posted:

Is anyone planning or or did anyone already make a thread for White Collar? Is anyone watching it this season?

White Collar thread. Not a lot of posts in it so far and neither me nor Kwyndig will be watching it live this week as we're going to the Rifftrax thing Thursday night.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh a heads up for fans of Summer Heights High - "Ja'mie: Private School Girl" has starting airing in AU now. Only one episode in, but already it feels a loooooot better than Angry Boys was (which was pretty crap, to be honest). Not quite up to SHH standards, and it's not the Jonah show I'm sure everyone wishes it was, but Ja'mie has always been a good 2nd place character to him. So far Lilley hasn't done his usual thing of playing as many characters as possible and just seems to be concentrating on Ja'mie, which might be for the best.

I believe its starting up on HBO soon as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell has cast its Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes, The World's End) will be Gilbert Norrell while Bertie Carvel (Les Miserables) will play Jonathan Strange. Marsan is a fun actor while I haven't really seen Carvel in anything so no clue how well he'll do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else going to watch NBC's Dracula show tonight?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We're getting yet another GREATEST EVENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently he missed the plot point where Dracula lays out that in the past the Order of the Dragon actually did go around slaughtering villages full of people and that their new method is through economic control and not just because they own oil companies.

(Also Dracula does just straight up murder one of the Order of Dragon guys.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 3 of Raising Hope got added to Netflix. Its the season where they start making the big changes like Jimmy and Sabrina getting married and moving out of Burt and Virginia's house.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It also helps that they're committed to shorter seasons so there will be less "filler" episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're trying to keep things a little more under wraps for this years GREATEST EVENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY but they have released a teaser image along with a cast list.

This year its Adam Scott, Catherine O’Hara, Chelsea Peretti, Kathryn Hahn, and Jon Glaser.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

On the cusp of dropping the League again. I'd be interested to see what that writing room is like, because while the cast is always excellent, the writing dives into juvenile (and unfunny) as gently caress and just downright unpleasant every few episodes. I really can't ever recommend it to anyone.

Listening to "How Did This Get Made" (which is a podcast starring Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas and June Diane Raphael) and Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas both have really juvenile senses of humor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Syfy's TV version of 12 Monkeys might actually be happening. They've cast Aaron Stanford (Nikita and the X-Men movies) as James Cole, the Bruce Willis part and the lovely Amanda Schull (Suits) as Cassandra Railly, the Madeline Stowe character.

I'm kind of surprised they're still working on it seeing as it has a fairly similar premise to Continuum, in that its about time travelers trying to alter the future.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Right now Locke & Key is in development to become a movie series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Locke & Key & Peele.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I have no clue what the distinction is. I just tell my DVR what shows to record and it does it. So whatever works.

Toonami is just what they call their Saturday night action show block.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Awwwww poo poo, Lance Reddick is going to be on next week's Eric Andre Show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

This combination never would have crossed my mind, but I'm very happy that it's happening.

Lance Reddick is a funny dude.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fox's treatment of Raising Hope this year has been strange to say the least. They started moving it around and burning off episodes last season but then went ahead and renewed it anyway?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

I think Chuck's getting added to Netflix Instant next month, too.

Its already up. Speaking of Netflix and Raising Hope, they recently added last season as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sophia posted:

Hello Couch Thread it has been awhile because I don't watch new TV anymore, just old TV and currently I'm running through Alphas again and getting EXTREMELY UPSET that it was not on my television this year. But regardless, what new fall shows should I be watching that I'm not?

Sleepy Hollow is a super fun supernatural show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Legit incredible or CW Incredible.

I haven't watched the show but I did read an article about how they had to cut a female masturbation scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Hill is working with Kurtzman and Orci to remake "Tales from the Darkside" for The CW. No word on whether this means they'll be redoing any of the original episodes or just creating a new anthology series in the same vein.

Its been forever since I've seen the show but I remember the original being fairly creepy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

VDay posted:

Is there no thread for Almost Human? I thought someone made it a while ago but I can't find it now. First episode is this Sunday, I'm getting pretty excited.

Somebody said they had the first post all ready to go, they were just waiting on posting it until it got closer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

They are also showing an ep on Monday, does any one know if it's a different episode or an encore of the pilot?

Its a two night thing where they're showing an episode Sunday and then a new episode Monday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I see. Anything to read into that?

Its hard to tell what they are thinking considering the show was supposed to start last Monday (the 4th) but they're putting it on their prime Sunday night time slot after football so...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Raising Hope is back tonight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Psych has some pretty great episode titles too.
"Gus's Dad May Have Killed an Old Guy"
"Meat Is Murder, But Murder Is Also Murder"
"The Greatest Adventure in the History of Basic Cable"
"Disco Didn't Die. It Was Murdered!"
"Any Given Friday Night at 10pm, 9pm Central"
"Indiana Shawn and the Temple of the Kinda Crappy, Rusty Old Dagger"
"Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

This of course only adds fuel to the speculation that Joel might be trying to bring MST3K back as a Netflix series.

No way it would be as good as Rifftrax though, those guys (and their writers) have really gotten into a solid groove.

I'd be kind of surprised if Joel would work with Jim Mallon again. Seeing as how those two butting heads was what caused Joel to leave the show in the first place. Also to my knowledge Mike isn't that fond of him either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Mallon still owns the rights and is doing gently caress-all with 'em.

He did try that short lived web cartoon series that was just the bots doing stuff. Although he didn't get anybody back other than Paul Chaplin for some reason to voice one of the character.

From what I've read nobody really likes Mallon all that much because he's kind of an rear end in a top hat to work with. Apparently the reason Mike's pre-Rifftrax venture "The Film Crew" didn't work out was because Mallon thought it was too close to MST3K and threatened to sue. Also the fact that when MST3K ended he just up and sold off everything without any consideration to the rest of the crew.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Guillermo del Toro's The Strain is a go for next summer on FX. Corey Stoll is starring as Ephraim Goodweather, a doctor for the CDC who happens to be at ground zero for a vampire outbreak in New York City. I have a feeling that they might change up the opening a little because it bears more than a passing resemblance to the first episode of Fringe being the outbreak starts with a plane full of dead people.

What sets The Strain apart from other vampire stories is that the vampires in it aren't suave humans with fangs who can't go out in the sun. Instead they're out and out monsters who quickly lose all distinguishing characteristics and have mouth stingers like the vampires in Blade II.

Also if they follow the books the series is going to get SUPER dark.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Isn't that a bit like I Am Legend? At first glance that sounds like the thing it could most be compared to. "Vampires" that are born from disease in a story that takes more from zombie stories then vampire lore.

While it acts like a disease the vampire stuff is very supernatural.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of The Walking Dead, the current rumor regarding the spin off is that its going to be a prequel set during the start of the whole zombie thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Holy poo poo:
http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

Press up and down on your keyboard to "flip channels"

That's absolutely amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

scary ghost dog posted:

Eagleheart season 3 starts tonight at midnight.

I loved the explanation for why that happened.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, so on Adultswim.com James Urbaniak has a webshow called "Futuremanity" which is pretty funny. The episode about religion has Eugene Mirman playing a drug addicted God and Jon Benjamin as himself, God's best friend.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

Remember how a lot of people were saying that it sounded like a great premise for a movie but that as a tv show it would just get dragged out with stupid crisis-of-the-week bullshit that would undermine the main idea and ultimately go nowhere?

Yeah that's exactly what happened.

Yeah, the problem with the show was that it quickly became absorbed by a bunch of stuff that only affected the island and then they let stuff go because it would give them some recurring plots to mine. Like how the local crime boss murders one of the sailors and instead of Andre Braugher coming down like the hammer of god he just let the crime boss win.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

hcreight posted:

So if you're like me and you often wonder "What the hell is Fez up to these days?", Wilmer Valderrama has joined the cast of the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series that Robert Rodriguez is developing.

http://dailydead.com/wilmer-valderrama-joins-cast-dusk-till-dawn-series/

He was pretty good on last season of Raising Hope.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

They apparently have episodes scheduled later in the season with that character's name in the title, so it doesn't look to be sticking for long.

Besides, the Simpsons killed off a major family member ages ago. Doesn't anyone remember than Snowball II is really like Snowball XII?

I don't know how accurate it is but somebody was saying that they changed those episode titles to have the new dog's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Oh I'm not watching the show, I'm just watching the AV Club guy slowly go mad. I click on all the "F" grade reviews regardless.

The one about that "Marshall Law: Texas" show sure made it look gross.

Its one of those follow cop shows where they track down fugitives except the first episode ends with the guy they're going after killing himself instead of being taken in and they left the sound of the gunshot in.

• Locked thread